Person to person spread here of virus here

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2020, 07:31 AM

The OP only has a JPEG picture of the beginning of an article. How about posting a link to the actual article so we can read it and draw our own conclusions instead of parroting the misinformation that seems so prevalent on this topic.
Sage

After looking @ the photos in todays paper--and seeing the families and friends who have gotten together, and traveled to & from all of the US its no longer a question if we will have person to person spread here, its when--the growth in Fl is exponential--stay home and my guess we're going to be in our houses for way past Easter

Coronavirus community spread identified in The Villages
I did a Google search and found the article. Here’s the link.

Rule of thumb if you want to be safe: avoid getting near folks, keep your distance, even with your "best friend" you have known since grade school. He or she may have picked up the virus an hour ago and has no way of knowing. Assume everyone is a carrier and anything you bring in your house is infected. Better safe than sorry for a few months.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickg View Post
It means it was passed locally not from travel etc.
Which means they didn’t follow the guidelines and somebody was infected
Old 03-29-2020, 07:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
The folks who were, again, crowding Lake Sumter Square this evening....no parking spaces on the square.....tables and chairs and tail gating all around the square and filled the area where the radio station and covered picnic tables.....absolutely no social distancing anywhere.

No different than the pictures of all the young people on the beaches for spring break.....except older...BUT NOT ANY SMARTER!!

As a result of the few we need a stay at home 'ORDER" with enforcement and stiff fines.
They need to turn the speakers off that broadcasting they music also.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:45 AM
Default What me worry

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
"What me worry?"....that slogan from MAD Magazine apparently has become the life motto for way too many folks in TV
The elderly here continue to ignore social distancing, thinking they know their friends , so their safe
When the first tv residents die form the virus , it will be too late. Thoughts and pray for the virus deniers who watch Fox
Old 03-29-2020, 07:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzepecki View Post
Coronavirus community spread identified in The Villages
I did a Google search and found the article. Here’s the link.
The article above refers to another article written one day earlier: Coronavirus spreading in The Villages

Both articles refer to "a 250-bed mobile hospital from the Florida Division of Emergency Services" that is located in The Villages. Where exactly is it located?
Old 03-29-2020, 07:51 AM

Villages should enforce the rules no sitting in square it’s close or you will be fined
Old 03-29-2020, 07:56 AM

They should be ashamed of themselves and fined
Old 03-29-2020, 07:56 AM

Shameful
Old 03-29-2020, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRussell View Post
As a former UPI reporter I gave this article a D- minus. Community Spread is not defined by the writer, yet it's a key descriptor in the headline. Even the suggestion of its plain meaning, that the Community is seeing the virus advance because of something the community shouldn't be doing - is unsubstantiated.

"A serious outbreak inside the community could have devastating effects. Most who show symptoms from the virus develop a fever or cough and may have trouble breathing, though they do recover."

Consider this two-sentence paragraph. Couldn't the first sentence be said of any community? This has nothing pertinent to offer readers with an interest specific to The Villages.

"Prior to the opening of the testing site, The Villages slowly began to shut down its expansive social scene. That’s after the community — which leans Republican — had sought to downplay the virus’s affects as President Donald Trump repeatedly expressed confidence the virus would be contained inside the U.S."

First, it's effects, not affects. This writer has a law degree, which made me marvel not only at his spelling, but also at his assertion that the community had sought to downplay the "virus's affects" (sic). In my opinion, his statement is invidious and made without any substantiation. His additional reference to politics (apparently the real cause of the spread of infection) is another irrelevant injection in what purported to be a story about disease. And when did the president ever state that the virus would be contained within the US? Let me be clear, the Wuhan virus started in...where was it?...oh, yeah, Wuhan. How can it be contained in the US?

I know, he means something else. But that's why E.B. White said you should re-read your own work, because while you think you may have said what you meant, chances are very good you haven't.

He also uses a couple propaganda devices to take a swipe at the president. One is "Authority". He quotes a nurse (a healthcare authority) but he doesn't quote her on healthcare. He quotes her on politics to leverage her authority into an area it doesn't apply. He uses her to spread the false claim that people (Trump has been the one accused of this) have called the virus a hoax. Here is what he said:

"One of my people came up to me and said, “Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia. That didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax that was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They’ve been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning, they lost, it’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax.” (DJT 2/28/20)

Finally, he uses her comment on the awakening of the community as though this one person has her finger on The Villages pulse. That's just bad judgment. Maybe D-minus is generous.
Really!
Old 03-29-2020, 08:02 AM

Many people in TV live by the motto “ live free or die”
Old 03-29-2020, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickg View Post
5 community spread cases in The Villages.
Here's a link to an article about the virus in The Villages:

Villages coronavirus cases now total 35, with 78 now Lake, Sumter - Orlando Sentinel
Old 03-29-2020, 08:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,900 Times in 914 Posts
Default Spread person to person

A woman friend of ours drove a male family friend to his chemo therapy treatment on 3/17. He tested positive yesterday and is now on a ventilator, and she and her husband are now waiting on tests and not feeling well.

The danger is spread from asymptomatic people! which is why isolation and quarantine is the only realistic way to break the transmission.

Note: this information is first hand and the purpose of the post is to relay information on how easily the virus spreads without signs or symptoms. Your behavior and your risk profile is your responsibility, but I appreciate everyone who takes the information to help our community survive.

sportsguy
Closed Thread

Tags
person, spread, virus, community, cases

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.