Person to person spread here of virus here

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2020, 07:33 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry101 View Post
You get an A+ and extra credit for stating so eloquently the faults in what is labeled as journalism today. THANK YOU!!!
If you don’t use “reply with quote “ , no one will know who you are referring to .....
Old 03-29-2020, 07:57 PM
Default BRAVO & thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRussell View Post
As a former UPI reporter I gave this article a D- minus. Community Spread is not defined by the writer, yet it's a key descriptor in the headline. Even the suggestion of its plain meaning, that the Community is seeing the virus advance because of something the community shouldn't be doing - is unsubstantiated.

"A serious outbreak inside the community could have devastating effects. Most who show symptoms from the virus develop a fever or cough and may have trouble breathing, though they do recover.

Consider this two-sentence paragraph. Couldn't the first sentence be said of any community? This has nothing pertinent to offer readers with an interest specific to The Villages.

"Prior to the opening of the testing site, The Villages slowly began to shut down its expansive social scene. That’s after the community — which leans Republican — had sought to downplay the virus’s affects as President Donald Trump repeatedly expressed confidence the virus would be contained inside the U.S."

First, it's effects, not affects. This writer has a law degree, which made me marvel not only at his spelling, but also at his assertion that the community had sought to downplay the "virus's affects" (sic). In my opinion, his statement is invidious and made without any substantiation. His additional reference to politics (apparently the real cause of the spread of infection) is another irrelevant injection in what purported to be a story about disease. And when did the president ever state that the virus would be contained within the US? Let me be clear, the Wuhan virus started in...where was it?...oh, yeah, Wuhan. How can it be contained in the US?

I know, he means something else. But that's why E.B. White said you should re-read your own work, because while you think you may have said what you meant, chances are very good you haven't.

He also uses a couple propaganda devices to take a swipe at the president. One is "Authority". He quotes a nurse (a healthcare authority) but he doesn't quote her on healthcare. He quotes her on politics to leverage her authority into an area it doesn't apply. He uses her to spread the false claim that people (Trump has been the one accused of this) have called the virus a hoax. Here is what he said:

"One of my people came up to me and said, “Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia. That didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax that was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They’ve been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning, they lost, it’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax.” (DJT 2/28/20)

Finally, he uses her comment on the awakening of the community as though this one person has her finger on The Villages pulse. That's just bad judgment. Maybe D-minus is generous.
Thanks for dissecting such a lame excuse of ‘journalism’. Google the AP writer’s story on the virus & The Villages that is now about a week old. It was worse! Same blabber about the ‘right-leaning’ Villagers! GOD help us!
Old 03-29-2020, 09:14 PM
Veteran member

Still can’t believe how a group of people (6-8) still walking in a group with dogs around Eisenhower every day. Stupid, who’s going to walk dogs when they die?
Old 03-29-2020, 10:25 PM
Default Spread

One can have this virus from two to three weeks without symptoms all the time infecting others.

It can be spread by touch. The infected person touches the grocery cart handle then you touch it and now you are infected

It can be spread lots of other ways also it’s very contagious.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPerrett View Post
One can have this virus from two to three weeks without symptoms all the time infecting others.

It can be spread by touch. The infected person touches the grocery cart handle then you touch it and now you are infected

It can be spread lots of other ways also it’s very contagious.
If you have the virus on your hands, you become infected if you touch your face (eyes, nose or mouth). Everything I have read and seen on TV, all the experts claim to keep your hands away from your face and you will not contract the virus in this manner.

Droplets in your eyes, nose or mouth is another mode of transmission for the virus. Not sure about airborne transmission; that is very scary if airborne actually is proven to be a mode of transmission.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:45 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPerrett View Post

The infected person touches the grocery cart handle then you touch it and now you are infected

That statement is simply ridiculous !!!!!!!

You won’t get the virus by simply touching an area that “Might” be infected.....

That being said, if you then lick your fingers or pick your nose or stick your finger in your eye , then maybe .....LOL !!!!
Old 03-30-2020, 08:36 PM

6 feet apart? No judgement, just interesting.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	CE717DA0-D83A-4DB9-BFA3-BDF0AAB2C780.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	83362  
Old 03-30-2020, 10:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
[/COLOR][/I][/B]

That's right. These same idiots go to supermarkets like all of us and possibly spread it there.
Infected by people who traveled and caught it.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
If you have the virus on your hands, you become infected if you touch your face (eyes, nose or mouth). Everything I have read and seen on TV, all the experts claim to keep your hands away from your face and you will not contract the virus in this manner.

Droplets in your eyes, nose or mouth is another mode of transmission for the virus. Not sure about airborne transmission; that is very scary if airborne actually is proven to be a mode of transmission.
It is proven if you’re within coughing distance. Add number ___ in the blank what consider coughing distances. So far the experts say it won’t travel 6 feet? Now if you saying it lives and floats through air and travel in air stream fail when rains or down draft we’re up creek.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:54 AM

China virus?
Old 03-31-2020, 08:03 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcurrie911 View Post
6 feet apart? No judgement, just interesting.

They are all taking hydroxycholoroquine
Old 03-31-2020, 08:08 AM
Veteran member

Check out page B3 Localnews section of today's Daily S--. 50 people in a driveway recently in Haciendas of Mission Hills. Seriously? And the Daily S--prints the picture like it was a great thing. Some people are just clueless. OH, but they kept their appropriate distance. It must have been quite a big driveway. BS
Old 03-31-2020, 09:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickg View Post
5 community spread cases in The Villages.
I was out walking last night, taking care to keep at least six feet away from other walkers and cart-drivers. Was doing the right thing. It was a nice evening and I was enjoying a podcast while I walked.

Then, an oblivious woman overtook me from behind, and passed me about two feet away.

When I shouted out, she seemed surprised.

Maybe I need to start walking & holding a side view mirror?
Old 03-31-2020, 09:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
I was out walking last night, taking care to keep at least six feet away from other walkers and cart-drivers. Was doing the right thing. It was a nice evening and I was enjoying a podcast while I walked.

Then, an oblivious woman overtook me from behind, and passed me about two feet away.

When I shouted out, she seemed surprised.

Maybe I need to start walking & holding a side view mirror?
Or maybe you should pick up your pace a bit !! LOL 😂
Old 03-31-2020, 10:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
It is proven if you’re within coughing distance. Add number ___ in the blank what consider coughing distances. So far the experts say it won’t travel 6 feet? Now if you saying it lives and floats through air and travel in air stream fail when rains or down draft we’re up creek.
The experts have not said for sure if the virus is airborne. In fact, I watched a video of a pulmonary doctor on the front lines in NYC. That video is posted on TOTV. He said there are only two ways to contract this virus and airborne is not one of them.We all know by now what the two modes of transmission are.

Tags
person, spread, virus, community, cases

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.