Pet Owners Beware

Closed Thread
Old 12-21-2017, 11:19 AM
Default Pet Owners Beware

Not sure how else to get this message out. BEWARE a large Bobcat (I eventually established that this was the animal) was in my yard yesterday, we are on Tamarind Grove Run back to field) Watched it take a squirrel, so fast!! could easily have a small dog or cat.This was on bright sunny morning @ 8.15 am
Old 12-21-2017, 09:17 PM
Eternal Member

A bobcat would not snatch your small dog from a short leash you are holding. They would not run right up close to a human.

A cat should never be loose outside.

If a dog or cat is snatched by a coyote, bobcat, alligator, or bear - chances are about 99.98% it was not on a short leash.
Old 12-22-2017, 06:54 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barboza View Post
Not sure how else to get this message out. BEWARE a large Bobcat (I eventually established that this was the animal) was in my yard yesterday, we are on Tamarind Grove Run back to field) Watched it take a squirrel, so fast!! could easily have a small dog or cat.This was on bright sunny morning @ 8.15 am
a squirrel huh. Hope it makes a hunting trip over my way
Old 12-22-2017, 08:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
A bobcat would not snatch your small dog from a short leash you are holding. They would not run right up close to a human.

A cat should never be loose outside.

If a dog or cat is snatched by a coyote, bobcat, alligator, or bear - chances are about 99.98% it was not on a short leash.
Agree. However, this is a good cautionary note to people with CYVs who let their little dogs out in their fenced yard. A bobcat could easily jump a villa fence.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.