Terrain of the land in TV

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2007, 11:17 PM
Gold member
Default Terrain of the land in TV

What are the variations in the land within TV? Do some areas have more hills, more native trees, and so forth? Do any variations in terrain make some areas less--or more--accessible? Thanks!
Old 10-01-2007, 07:01 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: Terrain of the land in TV

It's typical central florida rolling country side (former farm land). You really have to view it for yourself to check the details you asked about. I believe total acreage is approximately 25,000.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:23 AM
Veteran member

According to the Daily Sun the acreage is 23,000. Interesting link on the Daily Sun web site with Villages info: http://www.thevillagesdailysun.com/s..._Rate_Card.pdf
Old 10-01-2007, 08:10 AM
Platinum member

I would say most of the land is pretty flat. The southern part closest to 466A becomes very rolling. The beauty of The Villages is its park like look. I feel I am living in the middle of a park. The landscaping is so beautiful. As far as accessibility goes--it depends where you are coming from and where you want to go. We access I75 either to go south or north out of the state. I would say 466A is most accessible to I75. Before it was opened, we took 466, but it took a little longer.
Tampa, FL
Old 10-01-2007, 08:14 AM
Gold member

The area from Mallory Hill CC to Havana CC seems to me to be the most hilly part of The Villages. On Havana there is one hole that has a 55 foot drop from tee to green. There are similar holes on Mallory and also on Truman. The Havana area is where most of the new housing construction is going on at this time. On a Orlando TV station the other day our area was referred to as the hilly area of Florida.

As I have driven on 466A I have noticed that the area South of 466A is rolling terrain and has a lot of trees. Seems to be more trees than North of 466A. It will be interesting when they start laying out this area for golf courses and housing.

I have a map that I got at the sales center (free) it is called a General Area Map and it shows the area South of 466A. It shows Brownwood and also shows where the golf courses will be located. It doesn't name the courses but shows location. This map shows that the area along the South side of 466A from the West side of Buena Vista Blvd to East of Morse Blvd is all golf courses. This will make driving along 466A mostly golf courses on bothsides of the road and it will be beautiful. Just go into the sales office and ask for the new General Area Map.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:50 AM

don't forget the hills at orange blossom hill cc and the rolling terrain around nancy lopez cc.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:20 AM
Sage

In Google Earth it will tell you the land elevation of your curser location.

Top of Orange Blossom is 93
Nancy's parking lot is 69
LSL is 56
etc
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.