Petition Against Seat Roping

Closed Thread
Old 03-10-2015, 04:44 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Have you talked to anyone at the Entertainment Division?
Only through the annual survey. I'm not sure how much clout one person making one call will have, but I may give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:45 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
The Annual Survey is the way to make our feelings known. If large numbers of people write in the same concern, it will be heard by Management.
I believe you are correct, and that's my next step. Thanks and I hope everyone who opposes this selfish practice will make their feelings known in the survey. I sure did.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:11 PM
Veteran member

not a very friendly hometown today!!!
Old 03-10-2015, 06:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,349 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
Only through the annual survey. I'm not sure how much clout one person making one call will have, but I may give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion.
Seems like that would have been the first step, before, drawing up a petition.......
Old 03-10-2015, 07:42 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Seems like that would have been the first step, before, drawing up a petition.......
Phone calls are a total waste of time, because the person answering the call can easily write down nothing about the call, and the response to phone complaints is too often: "Well you're the only person who seems to have a problem with this." Calls to congressional offices are often met with ARGUMENTS by office aides!

Complaint phone calls, if recorded on a written phone message pad at all, are often interpreted, summarized and minimized by the person taking the call.

A petition shows the names and numbers of people in favor of it. It can't be ignored as phone calls can. And the wording of the petition in print cannot be mischaracterized to those who make the decisions.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

I agree , no blocking off of seats should be allowed.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:03 PM

I'll tell you what I told Sunnyatlast on page 1 . Take your petition or call Janet Tutt at the VCCD,they claim to be " complaint driven ", Ms. Tutt will then go to work for you to resolve this issue,she over see's the Rec. dept. and she has the final word. p.s. I bet u 25% of the folks are outsiders......
Old 03-17-2015, 08:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR5ALR View Post
I'll tell you what I told Sunnyatlast on page 1 . Take your petition or call Janet Tutt at the VCCD,they claim to be " complaint driven ", Ms. Tutt will then go to work for you to resolve this issue,she over see's the Rec. dept. and she has the final word. p.s. I bet u 25% of the folks are outsiders......
Most of the crowding will be better in a couple of weeks. The seat savers don't care what Janet Tutt thinks or what Queen Elizabeth thinks or what the governor or president think. If they wanna save seats, they are gonna do it.

AND there is nothing any of us can do. Period and AMEN...or any of the event staff or the "security" staff (there isn't any) can do. It is NOT a law. Wait until some bouncer bounces someone who belongs to the south American Frinkle association and they say their civil rights were violated. Or someone from New Burnswith, Antartica....You hide and watch. The nasties have the power over the nice folks in this world today.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:25 PM

I agree fully with a petition to eliminate "seat saving"! Show the rude folks that we are tired of their ridiculous attitudes.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditka41 View Post
I agree fully with a petition to eliminate "seat saving"! Show the rude folks that we are tired of their ridiculous attitudes.
AND THEN WHAT???? WHO is going to enforce it and HOW?????

YOU can't fine people who don't live here and own property here. You can't arrest them. They aren't breaking any laws. You can't tell them they can't come back to a public place, and how would you enforce THAT???

People can petition until the cows come home. You can't make them not do it. THe only thing is to hand out chairs, BUT WHEN???????????
Old 03-17-2015, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
Looks like a lot of support for stopping this unfair practice of roping seats, but not really enough to call this a petition, or to create an online petition. How about we just let our feeling be known on the annual survey. If you disagree with this, let me know right here. Thanks everyone.

I don't intend this to sound mean, but I have never seen any indication that anyone actually reads the surveys, much less do anything about what is written or suggested. If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:57 PM
Gold member

Agree. Should be no roping off. First come first serve so if u want to arrive at 4pm and sit in your seat till 5 fine but no saving of seats
Old 03-18-2015, 09:10 AM

AGREE! We paid for our home here too and that entitles us to the same privledges as everyone else...This has gotten so out of control, we seldom go anymore. Too much rudeness and entitlement!
Old 03-18-2015, 02:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,349 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT2TV View Post
I don't intend this to sound mean, but I have never seen any indication that anyone actually reads the surveys, much less do anything about what is written or suggested. If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know.
In the past there have been follow-up articles by department in The DailySun.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:26 PM
Veteran member

not to friendly,bring your own chair .
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.