Petition Against Seat Roping

Closed Thread
Old 03-20-2015, 10:37 AM

My opinion, too overkill, for a relativity small problem. This survey for a petition is checking with about 5000 -10000 people when we are a community of 100,000. Think about it.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnGirl View Post
My opinion, too overkill, for a relativity small problem. This survey for a petition is checking with about 5000 -10000 people when we are a community of 100,000. Think about it.
Is that true? 5 to 10,000
Is that the TOTV membership? Or the number of visits per day?
I often wondered how many people participate. Does anybody know?
Old 03-20-2015, 05:38 PM

I disagree I have seen many seats roped off @Spanish springs and why should We have to arrive hours early just to get a seat or lugging our own when seats are available if we all take only what we are using
So we can all enjoy this place we call home
Old 03-20-2015, 05:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Other than holidays, I've really only seen this happening at Spanish Springs. However, it's not just Rocky, we try to catch Uncle Bob's Rock Shop every chance we can, and have been to Spanish Spring about 3 times this year to see them. I remember the last two times the place was saturated with people and even at 4:30 we had a hard time finding a chair. There were a few chairs still stacked up and we grabbed a couple and put them out adjacent to the beer stand on the movie theater side by the sidewalk. There were good seats right in front of the stage under the trees with nobody in them, but they had plastic and other items marking the seats.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:56 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroglass View Post
I disagree I have seen many seats roped off @Spanish springs and why should We have to arrive hours early just to get a seat or lugging our own when seats are available if we all take only what we are using
So we can all enjoy this place we call home
First, are you stating that there were NO chairs available at Spanish Springs for you to use? Or are you stating you have seen many seats roped off BUT there were available seats for you?

IF there were no seats available and no one was in the roped off seats, just untie them and sit down. No one is going to toss you out.

IF there were seats available even with roped off seats, no problem. Sit down.

It really is no trouble for most people to carry a folding chair to the square, either.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:11 PM
Gold member

I was at S Springs several days ago ...around 2ish I saw around a dozen chairs all tied together. I passed by around half an hr later and there were more tied together. Rockey and the rollers were not there that night. I think it will never change . What rec events guy is going to get into an argument with someone over saved chairs. My solution ,no chairs, bring your own chair.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy steam View Post
I was at S Springs several days ago ...around 2ish I saw around a dozen chairs all tied together. I passed by around half an hr later and there were more tied together. Rockey and the rollers were not there that night. I think it will never change . What rec events guy is going to get into an argument with someone over saved chairs. My solution ,no chairs, bring your own chair.
Again, what good will that do? People will just bring their own chairs early and rope them off.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:17 PM

Ive seen seats roped off at all 3 squares. Its rude , ridiculous, and should be stopped.
Old 03-21-2015, 07:23 AM
Platinum member

7 signatures as of this morning. I'll leave it available for a couple of weeks and see if it gets more.

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petition...llages-squares
Old 03-21-2015, 08:21 PM
Location: Polo Ridge TV via New Hampshire, Isles of Shoals, Maryland and Massachusetts

I can't figure out how to attach the picture, but was at Brownwood today and at 11:45 saw some guy tying together 3 of his own chairs (no problem with him setting up his own chairs) to 4 Villages chairs then he walked away. I was by myself so chose not to confront him. Rude and selfish!
Old 03-21-2015, 08:52 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
7 signatures as of this morning. I'll leave it available for a couple of weeks and see if it gets more.

Stop the Saving of Blocks of Seats in The Villages Squares - PetitionBuzz
There would be more signatures if it didn't require people's names out in the open on internet.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:54 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by striveforhealth View Post
I can't figure out how to attach the picture, but was at Brownwood today and at 11:45 saw some guy tying together 3 of his own chairs (no problem with him setting up his own chairs) to 4 Villages chairs then he walked away. I was by myself so chose not to confront him. Rude and selfish!

You did not have to confront him. If it REALLY bothered you, you could have untied the Villages chairs after he left and restacked them. Of course, if you were not planning to go to the entertainment this evening, why let it bother you?

As I used to tell my daughter, if someone's action is not going to affect you, it is better to leave it alone.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:58 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
There would be more signatures if it didn't require people's names out in the open on internet.
You are absolutely right. Just look at the outlandish posts on the Political Forum. Everyone is logged in as GUEST and no names are given. If someone had to be personally identified with those outrageous comments, they would have large empty spaces with no comments.

In the case of signing a petition, I feel people should be identified.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:06 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by striveforhealth View Post
I looked at the TV Webcam of Brownwood this morning (maybe 11 a.m. or so), and was surprised to see the folding chairs all out and set up in rows and sections. I don't know why they put them out that early in the day when music doesn't start till 5pm.

To me it asks for the rude seat savers to mark them off early in the day, which tells other people "don't bother coming tonight if you want to sit down". At least Brownwood has the grandstand/bleacher seating to provide more seats.
Old 03-22-2015, 04:47 AM
Veteran member

I've said it once and I'll say it again... it is what it is!

And, if anyone wants to see a great example of 'roping' go to Spanish Springs Friday March 27. Scooter the DJ is scheduled and it's March and it's close to Easter. I can't imagine the stars lining up any better for such an event.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.