Petition Against Seat Roping

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2015, 07:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aln View Post
I've said it once and I'll say it again... it is what it is!

And, if anyone wants to see a great example of 'roping' go to Spanish Springs Friday March 27. Scooter the DJ is scheduled and it's March and it's close to Easter. I can't imagine the stars lining up any better for such an event.
Are you one of the seat ropers?
Old 03-22-2015, 08:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
There would be more signatures if it didn't require people's names out in the open on internet.

Our names are all over the Internet anyway. That shouldn't stop us.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:32 AM

I wasn't going to get in this fight , however, last night a friend and I went to Paddock Sq to see Scooter. Brought our own chairs. Community watch was there and was very particular about where we sat our chairs. We were there are 4pm. We went to grab a bite to eat and were back about 4:45. Our chairs had been moved by some others who had their own chairs into the spot where CW did not want us sitting. The people who moved our chairs were wanting to sit next to a large two rows that had baggies tied around each chair with no one in them. That was to the left of us. Then to the right of us and back one row there was another set of chairs with bags tied around them. Those chairs sat empty till after 5:45 while others were standing. The lady in front of us told us that CW told them that they could move any chair that was roped off or had bags tied to them anywhere they wanted to. The policy is no saving of chairs. She said if you justed wanted to cut the bags off that was ok, also. A lot of tension going on down there last nite. We left early and went to Sumter and had a great time. There was more than this that went on but to save time and space I won't get into all of it. I see things progressing to some very heated episodes in the future.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:48 AM

I totally agree that there should be NO roping off of chairs. I go to the squares alot alone and enjoy meeting new people while enjoying the music. We are the friendliest home town so this practice of saving chairs sure is a bit friendly
Old 03-22-2015, 10:01 AM
Sage

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Write it on your Survey.
The annual Survey is used to monitor the satisfaction level of Residents.
If you're dissatisfied about something, use the tool provided by Villages Management.

Last edited by Barefoot; 03-22-2015 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:10 AM
Veteran member

I'm not dissatisfied. . I say deal with it. I wouldn't change anything about the squares except maybe extend the happy hour at Sumter & Brownwood to 7pm.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 03-22-2015, 10:22 AM
Sage
Quote:
I've said it once and I'll say it again... it is what it is!

And, if anyone wants to see a great example of 'roping' go to Spanish Springs Friday March 27. Scooter the DJ is scheduled and it's March and it's close to Easter. I can't imagine the stars lining up any better for such an event.

The best way to get the developer's attention in TV is bad publicity, so if someone could get an Orlando newspaper or TV station to cover the chair saving situation, it would be solved in a heartbeat. Where is Lauren Ritchie when you need her?
Old 03-22-2015, 10:32 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I'm not dissatisfied. . I say deal with it. I wouldn't change anything about the squares except maybe extend the happy hour at Sumter & Brownwood to 7pm.
amen, why is it two hours at ss and not elsewhere. Is it a county thing?
Old 03-22-2015, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
The best way to get the developer's attention in TV is bad publicity, so if someone could get an Orlando newspaper or TV station to cover the chair saving situation, it would be solved in a heartbeat. Where is Lauren Ritchie when you need her?
The worst thing to do is to air out our laundry outside of TV. All it will settle is the suspicion that TV has far more children than we'd like to think. I really can't see how the developer should shoulder any of the responsibilty for the goings on at the squares.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromlich View Post
I wasn't going to get in this fight , however, last night a friend and I went to Paddock Sq to see Scooter. Brought our own chairs. Community watch was there and was very particular about where we sat our chairs. We were there are 4pm. We went to grab a bite to eat and were back about 4:45. Our chairs had been moved by some others who had their own chairs into the spot where CW did not want us sitting. The people who moved our chairs were wanting to sit next to a large two rows that had baggies tied around each chair with no one in them. That was to the left of us. Then to the right of us and back one row there was another set of chairs with bags tied around them. Those chairs sat empty till after 5:45 while others were standing. The lady in front of us told us that CW told them that they could move any chair that was roped off or had bags tied to them anywhere they wanted to. The policy is no saving of chairs. She said if you justed wanted to cut the bags off that was ok, also. A lot of tension going on down there last nite. We left early and went to Sumter and had a great time. There was more than this that went on but to save time and space I won't get into all of it. I see things progressing to some very heated episodes in the future.
So did anyone cut the ropes on the tied chairs?
Old 03-22-2015, 11:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechie View Post
The worst thing to do is to air out our laundry outside of TV.
Exactly.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:41 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy steam View Post
I was at S Springs several days ago ...around 2ish I saw around a dozen chairs all tied together. I passed by around half an hr later and there were more tied together. Rockey and the rollers were not there that night. I think it will never change . What rec events guy is going to get into an argument with someone over saved chairs. My solution ,no chairs, bring your own chair.
How can visitors bring their own? Preview visitors comes to mind.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 03-22-2015, 01:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
One of many good reasons the must-bring-your-own-chairs "solution" is never going to happen.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:31 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
One of many good reasons the must-bring-your-own-chairs "solution" is never going to happen.
From the many posts about the "seat savers", it seems that they think the entertainment in the squares at night is only for residents. That is not the case.

The general public is welcome to patronize all the businesses, and Preview Stay and people here on a home-buying stay are people we want to feel WELCOME at the squares.

The day that used home sales die here, that's the day TV starts dying, and we certainly don't want that. We want all kinds of people to keep coming here and enjoying the activities in the squares.
Old 03-22-2015, 05:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Most rentals and preview homes are equipped with two chairs. I have experienced this before moving here.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.