Petition Against Seat Roping

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2015, 08:05 PM
Default Poster mentioned this event last night at Brownwood

brownwood-villages-fl-jpg
Old 03-22-2015, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by striveforhealth View Post
I can't figure out how to attach the picture, but was at Brownwood today and at 11:45 saw some guy tying together 3 of his own chairs (no problem with him setting up his own chairs) to 4 Villages chairs then he walked away. I was by myself so chose not to confront him. Rude and selfish!
Choose "go advanced" and then chose the paper clip at the top in the menu. Click on choose file from the window that pops up and upload your picture.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:13 PM
Eternal Member

Yep, Villagers do love Scooter. He always draws a huge crowd - just like Rocky and Uncle Bob.

However, if you go to Brownwood or Lake Sumter on a summer night and they have Carol Ann or some other performer of her caliber performing, you will have almost the entire square to yourself.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:11 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
How can visitors bring their own? Preview visitors comes to mind.
Maybe they should hand out folding chairs, which are locked up till around a half hr before the show. Don't they use folding chairs at Brownwood? I am not saying saving chairs is the right thing to do, but no matter where you go , squares, socials, club meetings you will see this. Recently I went to a club event. Four of us walked in a half hour before it started, at least 40 % of the tables ,which seat around 20, had seats saved. We went to two tables and were told ,these seats were saved. At that second table I said sorry you can't save seats and sat down. They weren't happy but who cares.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Are you one of the seat ropers?
Sorry to disappoint but 'no'. . . never have... never will.

I usually sit outside the square

If I feel it's going to be too crowded for me to be comfortable, I do not attend!
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 03-23-2015, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redchariot View Post
so did anyone cut the ropes on the tied chairs?
nope
Old 03-23-2015, 11:59 AM

I still like the "honey concept" that was presented earlier. Would be easy to do with just a little squeeze bottle and leave an impression with the rude and selfish "ropers".
Old 03-23-2015, 02:43 PM
Default Petition Against Seat Roping

It doesn't happen that often. If you think roping is rude, you really must look at how you plan to react. Wow!
Old 03-23-2015, 04:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnGirl View Post
It doesn't happen that often...
Very subjective statement.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:27 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
No, it really is not a very subjective statement. I wonder about the mentality of someone who really would carry a squeeze bottle of honey with them to the squares just in order to search out chairs roped together - especially when there were other seats available.

For MOST performances, there are plenty of seats available. Yes, for Rocky, Scooter, Uncle Bob, and maybe Cactus Jack, you would have to rely on bringing your own folding camp chair.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:31 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
No, it really is not a very subjective statement. I wonder about the mentality of someone who really would carry a squeeze bottle of honey with them to the squares just in order to search out chairs roped together - especially when there were other seats available.

For MOST performances, there are plenty of seats available. Yes, for Rocky, Scooter, Uncle Bob, and maybe Cactus Jack, you would have to rely on bringing your own folding camp chair.

However, even in high snowbird season, for MOST performers, no problem. There will be seats tied together at the squares BUT there will still be plenty of seats available for you. Don't let some seats tied together bother you. Bring a folding camp chair from home and place it ANYWHERE you want. You can have the front row seat if you want.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
No, it really is not a very subjective statement...
From the Oxford Dictionary: subjective - Based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.

Now tell me how "It doesn't happen that often" does not fit that definition as it relates to this topic.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:14 AM
Platinum member

As my follow up on this issue, I report that the online petition does not have enough signatures to make it significant in expressing an opinion, therefore I intend to dismiss it and take it down from the online site. I do think this is still a significant problem. I have to be honest and state that for me it is more significant that it is such a selfish and inconsiderate practice, even more than the fact that it is wrong. I don't like the practice of those who only consider the welfare of themselves and not the good of the whole. Nevertheless, thanks for reading this thread and including your comments, regardless of your position on the issue.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
As my follow up on this issue, I report that the online petition does not have enough signatures to make it significant in expressing an opinion, therefore I intend to dismiss it and take it down from the online site. I do think this is still a significant problem. I have to be honest and state that for me it is more significant that it is such a selfish and inconsiderate practice, even more than the fact that it is wrong. I don't like the practice of those who only consider the welfare of themselves and not the good of the whole. Nevertheless, thanks for reading this thread and including your comments, regardless of your position on the issue.
Thanks, Cedwards, for being one of the ones who wants to make the effort to effect change rather than lie down and accept the norm even while the behavior flies in the face of the "rules." One can only try.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

I guess now we know that it is "not that big of a deal".........based on the lack of signers of the petition.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.