Phew!

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2011, 10:11 AM
Default Phew!

What's going on with the sewage treatment plant on Buena Vista? It's been emitting "bad" smells for at least the last three months. Yesterday afternoon we played Bacall and the stench was almost enough to make one gag!

Is it possible that the demand is exceeding the capacity? I did notice a crane located on site for a long time. Perhaps they were replacing some of the machinery.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:49 AM

I noticed odors from the plant when I drove on Buena Vista a couple of times.

I don't know what the problem is but since The Villages is a planned community I don't think the problem would be demand exceeding supply. One of the great things about building a planned community is that you know the demand for water treatment, sewage treatment and fire departments before you build the houses and can put the infrastructure in place in advance.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:17 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niels View Post
I noticed odors from the plant when I drove on Buena Vista a couple of times.

I don't know what the problem is but since The Villages is a planned community I don't think the problem would be demand exceeding supply. One of the great things about building a planned community is that you know the demand for water treatment, sewage treatment and fire departments before you build the houses and can put the infrastructure in place in advance.
Was in TV first 2wks of Feb. Walked in mornings on path on BV and noticed the odor on several days.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:20 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmer View Post
What's going on with the sewage treatment plant on Buena Vista? It's been emitting "bad" smells for at least the last three months. Yesterday afternoon we played Bacall and the stench was almost enough to make one gag!

Is it possible that the demand is exceeding the capacity? I did notice a crane located on site for a long time. Perhaps they were replacing some of the machinery.
Too much drinkin', dancin' and eatin' Mexican food down that way? No more bean soup for you.

X
Old 02-22-2011, 05:35 PM
Default Smell

Smell is bad. I only golf there. Glad I don't live there.

Last edited by jerseyvillager; 02-22-2011 at 05:36 PM. Reason: mis[elling
Old 02-22-2011, 07:41 PM
Platinum member

We played Bacall yesterday also and the odor was exceptionally strong after the sprinklers accidentally went on. Putrid!
Old 02-23-2011, 08:34 AM

I live in Santiago and have noticed the "aroma" in our area as well. I think there is also a plant on El Camino and I figurered it was from there. If it coming from the BV plant and it is so "pungent" down this way, I can't imagine what it must be like closer to the source!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.