Phone alert last night

Closed Thread
Old 01-01-2019, 04:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny70 View Post
Where do you sign up to get those Alerts? We would certainly be interested in getting them!
Google Sumter Sherrif's Dept. FL. It will take you to a website and in one of the links offers a place to sign up.

**Signup for Emergency Alerts
Signup for Alert Sumter
Old 01-01-2019, 08:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,465 Times in 545 Posts

I have heard nothing more about either instances, at least on the “online, other news source.” Has anyone heard whether these people have been caught, or at least left town? I didn’t think to call the Sheriff’s office today.
Old 01-02-2019, 08:29 AM
Gold member

I have never signed up for any such notifications, but my phone rang after midnight, and when I picked it up, there was no one there. The caller-ID said "Sumter County", that's all. I couldn't care less about anything they might be notifying me about, so I wish I could make sure this doesn't happen again. I can protect my house a lot better than any sheriff's office.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
I have never signed up for any such notifications, but my phone rang after midnight, and when I picked it up, there was no one there. The caller-ID said "Sumter County", that's all. I couldn't care less about anything they might be notifying me about, so I wish I could make sure this doesn't happen again. I can protect my house a lot better than any sheriff's office.
I am a huge fan of the Sumter County Sheriff's Office. In the past they have cooperated with neighboring law enforcement in order to track down and arrest some really bad people. One example is the one woman and two men who knocked down and really hurt an older Village resident when they stole her purse in front of Target. The three fled to Orlando and they found them and drug their sorry AZZES back here and arrested them. Lake, Sumter and Marion County all worked together on that one if I remember correctly.

I am glad you feel safe but me and mine are glad for our local law enforcement.

Last edited by graciegirl; 01-02-2019 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
I have heard nothing more about either instances, at least on the “online, other news source.” Has anyone heard whether these people have been caught, or at least left town? I didn’t think to call the Sheriff’s office today.
It was in today's Sun...no mention if they were caught.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:19 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am a huge fan of the Sumter County Sheriff's Office. In the past they have cooperated with neighboring law enforcement in order to track down and arrest some really bad people. One example is the one woman and two men who knocked down and really hurt an older Village resident when they stole her purse in front of Target. The three fled to Orlando and they found them and drug their sorry AZZES back here and arrested them. Lake, Sumter and Marion County all worked together on that one if I remember correctly.

I am glad you feel safe but me and mine are glad for our local law enforcement.
I never said I didn't appreciate local law enforcement. But they usually are there to investigate the crime, not prevent it.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Last edited by John_W; 04-21-2019 at 09:20 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
phone, black, night, remain, indoors

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.