Photographic examples of privacy around the lanai...

Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2008, 11:49 AM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.
Default Re: Photographic examples of privacy around the lanai...

golfnut, quite an impressive job!
I particularly like the privacy screen!!! Isn't it amazing what a little landscaping will do? I think a lot of folks don't realize the multitude of advantages landscaping adds to a property the least of which is curb appeal translated $$$$$, privacy, sound abatement, shade and of course the visual.

There are so many species of plants which will grow in TV's climate that it would make your head spin! Someone mentioned in another post that they wanted to grow mangoes but found out that TV is too far north for them to grow. Au contraire..... there are over 400 types of mangoes out there with at least one of them being cold hardy enough to grow in TV. There are other types of plants, many referred to as exotic and or tropical which have been hybridized to grow in colder climates. I happen to have a "thing" for Bird of Paradise plants, Giant Elephant Ear plants, exotic palm trees, etc. all of which you will see in my yard when we move to TV.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Re: Photographic examples of privacy around the lanai...

We love our Jasmine, find that the floor plan works great, we did add 2 solar tubes, one in the kitchen above the stove/sink area and one in the guest bath and they really help brighten up the place. Other than that it's perfect for us, not too big not too small.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.