Pickelball People -- Pay Attention to TV Rules

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2020, 07:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishJW View Post
Most of us who play have our own balls. Others have begun taking and holding onto a few balls just in case. Balls are also readily available elsewhere.

This issue seems to have policed itself in many areas. A substantial portion of players are no longer participating. As a result, there are fewer, if any, people sitting on the sidelines at many of the Rec Center courts.
But, some of us buy our own balls rather than take them from the courts. I buy ONIX balls, same weight, same bounce and last at least 20 times longer.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyc234 View Post
Very simple 10 people. If you stand at the entrance and you can count 10 people then the limit is reached. Do not need monitors we are all over 5 years old but because of the "the all about me" attitude pools are closed and probably soon all courts. So sad that in this great place people can not behave to protect each other.
Mulberry’s courts can hold 40 with no lines. The problem people waiting will not separate themselves. With three divided courts that’s 30 awaiting in line. You’re not that close contact on courts playing.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:33 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Mulberry’s courts can hold 40 with no lines. The problem people waiting will not separate themselves. With three divided courts that’s 30 awaiting in line. You’re not that close contact on courts playing.
Yesterday afternoon I went to Seabreeze not a soul around. Found a stray ball and practiced Lobs, Serves, Dinks. After 20 mins I then went to practicing swings and backhand all without a ball.

I had a good time, walked home, next time I'll bring water. ..
Old 03-22-2020, 07:36 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Find a friend and play singles. Great workout.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:55 AM

A big problem is the balls...even if you sanitize your own ball, how about the other 3 people playing? Courts will close. Golf courses first openings close to 6PM...
Old 03-22-2020, 09:23 AM

Went to the Paradise Pickleball courts to enjoy a game or two. Both courts Full with Grandma's, Grandpa's, their grown up kids and small grandchildren's. Looked from the distance for a minute or two from my golf cart ---- I went home...
The Villages need to expand the Pickleball section at Paradise to 4 courts of so. Their are 4 tennis courts in that same area that basically sometimes only 1 court gets used....
Make sure you wear disposable medical gloves, remember everyone else is touching that ball......
Old 03-22-2020, 01:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I'm all for that. We six play once a week on one court, mingling with no one else. I would hate to give that up.

And this morning at Miona where we always play at 9:30, we were told that in order to keep the courts open, the 5.0 group agreed to keep the middle court empty. Which is what we all did. (We are the puny 3-3.5 group that the 5.0s somehow graciously allow us to take a court!)
I want to be one of the 1st to recognize the " 5.0 " rated individuals who " Graciously Allowed " all of you to play at Lake Miona. They must have felt so proud of themselves, they are such a warm welcoming group.

Actually I'm surprised all of you didn't burst out laughing thinking they were joking!

Last edited by 600th Photo Sq; 03-22-2020 at 04:09 PM.
Old 03-22-2020, 01:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvic 1 View Post
Went to the Paradise Pickleball courts to enjoy a game or two. Both courts Full with Grandma's, Grandpa's, their grown up kids and small grandchildren's. Looked from the distance for a minute or two from my golf cart ---- I went home...
The Villages need to expand the Pickleball section at Paradise to 4 courts of so. Their are 4 tennis courts in that same area that basically sometimes only 1 court gets used....
Make sure you wear disposable medical gloves, remember everyone else is touching that ball......
Pickleball right across 441 and on other side of square at Chula Vista. Paradise tennis courts are only lighted courts hard courts is villages.
Old 03-22-2020, 01:16 PM
Sage

Is it worth the risk playing any sport for a short period of time, that could and I'm going to say it rather crudely "KILL YOU"--stay home get bored-at least you'll be alive to complain about what went wrong
Old 03-22-2020, 01:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregcharlesnelson@gmail View Post
A big problem is the balls...even if you sanitize your own ball, how about the other 3 people playing? Courts will close. Golf courses first openings close to 6PM...
You have option’s, to not touch you’re face, nose, mouth, or not play. I wash my paddle, paddle handle, balls, hands, cart steering wheel and shifter. Before and after. I don’t stand beside someone and yak till court or enough players for next game.

Which reminds me I when to Lowe’s this morning, not good feeling too many too close. IMO employees are at risk. Not too mention people too close in line to checkout.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:41 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
You have option’s, to not touch you’re face, nose, mouth, or not play. I wash my paddle, paddle handle, balls, hands, cart steering wheel and shifter. Before and after. I don’t stand beside someone and yak till court or enough players for next game.

Which reminds me I when to Lowe’s this morning, not good feeling too many too close. IMO employees are at risk. Not too mention people too close in line to checkout.
People like you would drive me and some others crazy. Honestly, Fear manifests itself and all you do is feel good by posting negative ideas/options which is not helpful

Think Positive ....
Old 03-22-2020, 08:52 PM

So it is so hard to count to 10. Wait outside the court in your cart. Must agree with those that have the experience of tons of open courts in the evening. You are not going out to eat at 5 so go play a few games. Lot of open courts. As far as contaminated balls, your touched the gate when you came in no one cleaned it. After you play get a bar of soap and a bottle of water and wash you hands and face. Other than that you have NO GUARANTEE. Be careful but be logical.
Old 03-22-2020, 10:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
I want to be one of the 1st to recognize the " 5.0 " rated individuals who " Graciously Allowed " all of you to play at Lake Miona. They must have felt so proud of themselves, they are such a warm welcoming group.

Actually I'm surprised all of you didn't burst out laughing thinking they were joking!
They have the courts from 8-10. If there is an empty court, we play.
Old 03-22-2020, 11:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
People like you would drive me and some others crazy. Honestly, Fear manifests itself and all you do is feel good by posting negative ideas/options which is not helpful

Think Positive ....

Glad I could help
Old 03-23-2020, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
They have the courts from 8-10. If there is an empty court, we play.
Nobody "has" the courts from 8-10. They are all open play. That group goes out of their way to make it unbearable for others to play alongside so most just stay away. Other than the more blatant "rudeness," it's no different than many of the other rec centers in the early morning where folks have congregated to be able to play with people who are of similar skill. This informal system seems to work fine for most folks.
Closed Thread

Tags
rules, courts, people, pickleball, pools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.