Pickle Ball ?

Closed Thread
Old 03-01-2015, 07:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,880 Times in 2,426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Nelson View Post
I have New Balance shoes. I see Wally Mart has rackets for under $15. One, a Versus 15.5x7.5 for under $11. I'll have to read up before fall...
New balance makes tennis shoes. As stated they need to be court shoes, not walking , running , or cross trainer,s if you are fast mover. if you not sure you will like the game just try out the red center paddles. Wallyworld paddles are cheaper than the red center wooden paddles. If you played racketball I pretty sure you will get hooked on pickleball. Take advantage of the demo's and get the one you like. Basically is what you get use to playing with just like in racketball. If you are quick have good reflexes bigger paddle may not be better. Try them out then pick one after you sure you like the game.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:02 AM
Platinum member

Take the Pickleball 1 and 2 courses offered at some of the recreation centers, but be careful. The orthopedic surgeons make a great living from Villagers who play pickleball with reckless abandon.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:16 AM
Sage

I normally play PB 6 to 8 hrs a week (playing time - not waiting time). Sprained my ankle 4 months ago and haven't played since. Hoping to get back on the courts soon.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 03-01-2015, 07:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,880 Times in 2,426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Glenview tennis center is a good place to buy tennis shoes.
good deals on closeout tennis shoes at Glenview the last time I was in there. I already got 8 pairs, but 30 to 40 bucks for top brand courts good deal if they have the sizes.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Nelson View Post
I can remember years ago at the Fargo YMCA on my way to pump iron I stopped by the challenge racquet courts and played 3 games with a lithe lady who beat me in all three games. When heading for the weight room, I passed her with two other women one saying 'Is that him'? I turned and told the gal who'd beat me 'I wish I would have played you in the afternoon'. She retorted 'you think you could have beat me then?' My reply...' No, but I wouldn't have to feel bad all day'! My wife is the triathlon type, not me. I'm looking to just have some fun!
Pickleball is definitely fun. I urge going with PB 101 (free) instead of just going out to a court and trying to play. You can keep it at whatever level suits your competitive/fun-loving spirit. The rec centers divide playing time into different levels--beginner, advanced beginner, intermediate, etc.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:06 PM

And for everyone's information, they are called paddles not racquets ��
Old 03-02-2015, 06:24 PM
Veteran member

I'll check out 101..available at Mulberry? Going to the beach tomorrow..after aqua zumba! probably Anna Marie Is
Old 03-02-2015, 09:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMLRHT1 View Post
And for everyone's information, they are called paddles not racquets ��
Yes, good point. It's hard to remember if you're a former tennis player.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.