Pickleball @Burnsed " Corona Virus "

Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2020, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoboy View Post
It’s not cancer......how many people do you know that had it and died? We can’t all stay in our houses. Paranoia leads to panic which leads to greater issues than the flu. Please.....just stop the insanity!

Unfortunately, it’s just a matter of time until we know someone....with the way people are ignoring this virus. Stay home! It’s difficult. The sooner we heed the expert warnings, and we’re not experts, the sooner we can resume our lives.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:03 AM

Time to pull the nets..I do play
Old 03-25-2020, 06:18 AM

Of course you can stay in your house. What on earth iscwrong with you. Are you a child?
Old 03-25-2020, 06:31 AM

Why did they close dog parks and leave open pickleball courts. Doesn’t make any sense to me
Old 03-25-2020, 06:35 AM
Default Pickleball player

Quote:
Originally Posted by roob1 View Post
Please show a link to the source, to provide evidence this is not hearsay.

From the President of The Villages Pickleball Ball, March 23rd

"About a dozen members rightly have asked what rec center was the player on who came down with the Coronavirus, since they might have played on those courts later in the day. They wondered if they might have touched a ball he played with. While I have no idea how long a virus survives on plastic, it seemed wise to send out what is known. The rec center was Burnsed and he played Monday and Tuesday of this past week. He wore gloves on both days and did not touch the gate handle on either day both entering and leaving."
Old 03-25-2020, 06:50 AM

Not doubting as anything is possible, perhaps probable, but people ask for links or sources all the time due the misinformation out there on all topics. Okay, so we now hear the email is dated March 23rd. What is the President's name who sent it, to be contacted? Or the email address it came from? Or as was suggested, just cut and paste the content. OP could have simply come back with more information instead of responding so defensively. It was not an unreasonable request.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:56 AM

Did he also hold his breath the entire time, did not sweat, stay 6 feet from other players...….hmmmmm
Old 03-25-2020, 06:57 AM

Are you serious? Do you even play pickle ball? You’ve been warned by a concerned person with enough evidence and backup. Quit the bantering! Geezzzz
Old 03-25-2020, 07:15 AM

In the words of Col. Sherman Potter: "Horse hockey!" If any pickleballer had tested positive TV would have shut down ALL sports courts. And that news would have been officially published somewhere, like the villagenews.com or elsewhere. Passive voice intros like "It has been reported..." supposedly absolve the OP from providing a reference. Notice not one person who agreed with the OP could/would provide copy from this alleged email.

Here's a reference from the pickleball web site:

Announcements - Play Pickleball-B Forever Young

Notice no mention of infection. Also, in the Rec News section of today's Daily Sun, there is an article about how the pickleball courts are one of the few rec options still open to us, although they officially are discouraging play.

Until someone posts something external to opinion, including email headers if they are used, this is just the spreading of another unsubstantiated rumor.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roob1 View Post
Please show a link to the source, to provide evidence this is not hearsay.
Where is there a pickleball court on Burnsed?
Old 03-25-2020, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singerlady View Post
Unfortunately, it’s just a matter of time until we know someone....with the way people are ignoring this virus. Stay home! It’s difficult. The sooner we heed the expert warnings, and we’re not experts, the sooner we can resume our lives.
Thank you for speaking the truth, too many people in this area are still not taking this seriously. It's a small thing to stay home for a couple weeks. It may save your life or someone else's.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:32 AM

I'm not sure what the point of your post is? You are mysteriously talking about somebody that you supposedly know specifically but will not name? Why? This is not a time for secrets. Who are you protecting?

I personally know a 4.5 player who wears gloves and plays at Burnsed all the time. I have emailed him directly to ask if he has heard anything about this. Whatever information he gives me I will post here.

PLEASE remember, we are all in this boat together. Anybody that has actual information, should share every detail of it. It could save somebody's life, scratch that, several lives. If however you are just trying to pass on unverified rumors and or scare people, why would you do that? That's very cruel. I hope in the future people will at least go on the internet and try to verify the information with several different sources, before they post it.

That's my two cents, it's worth what you paid for it.

Good luck to us all...
Old 03-25-2020, 07:36 AM
theruizs

Quote:
It’s not cancer......how many people do you know that had it and died? We can’t all stay in our houses. Paranoia leads to panic which leads to greater issues than the flu. Please.....just stop the insanity!
My wife and I and all of our friends are doing it. It’s not that you “can’t” stay in the house, it’s that you don’t want to. If everyone had taken these restrictions seriously to begin with the virus would not have spread even as far as it has. I don’t personally know any of the deceased, and I want to keep it that way. At the very least, I don’t want to wonder later if my actions led to someone else’s death. But of course, you and others of like mind know better than the CDC, WHO, and local health professionals.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:56 AM

I don't think the site you state below is the Pickleball Club that the OP indicated. The Pickleball Club site is: TVPB Club – We dink and dink and dink and dink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbajeda View Post
In the words of Col. Sherman Potter: "Horse hockey!" If any pickleballer had tested positive TV would have shut down ALL sports courts. And that news would have been officially published somewhere, like the villagenews.com or elsewhere. Passive voice intros like "It has been reported..." supposedly absolve the OP from providing a reference. Notice not one person who agreed with the OP could/would provide copy from this alleged email.

Here's a reference from the pickleball web site:

Announcements - Play Pickleball-B Forever Young

Notice no mention of infection. Also, in the Rec News section of today's Daily Sun, there is an article about how the pickleball courts are one of the few rec options still open to us, although they officially are discouraging play.

Until someone posts something external to opinion, including email headers if they are used, this is just the spreading of another unsubstantiated rumor.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:07 AM

Quote:
How are the refugees in cages coping with staying in? I think we can handle this. We do not want to be like Italy or Spain. Sick people are laying on the hospital floors because there are no beds.
Closed Thread

Tags
pickleball, corona, virus, mon/tues, 03/16/17

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.