Pickleball @Burnsed " Corona Virus "

Closed Thread
Old 03-26-2020, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Page View Post
There is no excuse for socially irresponsible behavior.
Seems to me the risk isn’t that someone who feels sick is playing pickle ball. I like to think they would stay home for several reasons. The risk is that someone who is sick and isn’t yet showing symptoms/doesn’t know it plays.

We all need to behave as if we are sick and just don’t know it yet, to protect others, and those others will contact.

When I’ve played Pickleball before it stopped, I assumed everyone else was infected. I wore two gloves and someone brought a pail of water with pine sol to keep the balls in. I stayed 6 feet away from people on the bench. As soon as it ended I used wipes on my gloves, hands and paddle, and then washed my hands. When I got home I left my shoes in the garage, left my clothes in a pile and showered. After a couple of days I washed the clothes (so I didn’t touch them for a couple of days to let any potential virus die on its own). That was weeks ago and I’m fine so far, so I know I’m clean from it, whether they were infected or not.

Life doesn’t have to stop completely. We can go out. Just follow the guidelines and assume you and everyone else is infected.

What the hell have you got to lose?
Old 03-26-2020, 03:29 PM
Default Pickleball

There are about 4-8 of us playing pickleball...we had all stayed inside our homes for 14 days and have not had any symptoms, so we have started playing together again. Not everyone is just being irresponsible and going out...but after 14 days, I think we can go out with social distancing with like minded people. We still take precautions and bring our own chairs and disinfectant and do not fist bump...just say good game and go disinfect!
Old 03-26-2020, 04:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Here is a question. If you knew that someone was infected, would you play pickleball with him?
Old 03-26-2020, 10:15 PM

It’s a hypothetical that isn’t relevant (no disrespect) because we can’t know if someone is infective (unless they’re symptomatic and wouldn’t then play).

Here’s a different question. If you knew someone wasn’t infected would you NOT play with them?

Also not relevant.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsALLaboutTheLOVE View Post
confirmed with my friend who knows the infected couple personally. So if you play pickleball, you are at risk of getting the virus. And or giving it!

Who knows how many people have touched that pickleball? And then if you wipe the sweat off your brow or touch a towel and wipe your brow or...... Way too risky! Just stay in your house for two weeks and wait. I beg you. Good luck to us all.

I’ve been i house for over two weeks with bad back. So I guess I am good go! But, I still won’t play with someone I don’t know or where they been. Hence the guy that played without staying away from people for two weeks knowing he just arrived from who knows where. Who am I fooling my back not going to let me play anyway.

Another problem I see planes one after another approaching Orlando , you can bet some are infected and the cycle starts all over. IMO it’s not going to get better in two weeks. The count today in Sumter county I think I heard on the news 25 that’s doubled from yesterday. Would want to bet it will double again before the weekend over?
Old 03-27-2020, 02:22 PM

It could be deadlier than cancer for an older person with UNDERLYING HEALTH ISSUES!
Closed Thread

Tags
pickleball, corona, virus, mon/tues, 03/16/17

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.