Pinball in TV?

Closed Thread
Old 10-04-2020, 03:08 PM

Now that sounds terrific. Would Looooove that. A room in a rec. center with pinball machines! When I was little we would go up to our bungalow in the catskills every summer and they had a room at the main house with pinball machines. I would spend hours in there. Best part was no coins required! That would be nice here in the villages.
Old 10-04-2020, 04:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycgto View Post
WOW! Finally a post to respond to that will only bring cheer. Been waiting a while to create my first post. With 17 pinball machines, I’ve been contemplating moving to The Villages for 7 years getting older with each one. Latest excuse is Covet. Prior excuse was being single. Here’s my fantasy:
1) I’m just moving into my new house in The Villages
2) My moving truck arrives with all (?) my pinball machines
3) Neighbors are outside to see the new arrival in town
4) My pinball machines are being unloaded from the truck and into my new home.
5) Then my cars (how many can I take with me) are unloaded from the vehicle transport truck
6) I can hear the neighborhood guys saying to their other half, “Honey, I’ll be back in about 6 hours. I’m gonna hang with the new guy on the block”.
7) There! I’ve made new friends.
BTW: When I suggested that I bring my pinball machines with me, my realtor said that no one would want to play such childish games. I guess we’ve’ arrived!!
Cool! My new best friend might be moving to The Villages!! 🤣
Old 10-04-2020, 06:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,942 Times in 5,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycgto View Post
WOW! Finally a post to respond to that will only bring cheer. Been waiting a while to create my first post. With 17 pinball machines, I’ve been contemplating moving to The Villages for 7 years getting older with each one. Latest excuse is Covet. Prior excuse was being single. Here’s my fantasy:
1) I’m just moving into my new house in The Villages
2) My moving truck arrives with all (?) my pinball machines
3) Neighbors are outside to see the new arrival in town
4) My pinball machines are being unloaded from the truck and into my new home.
5) Then my cars (how many can I take with me) are unloaded from the vehicle transport truck
6) I can hear the neighborhood guys saying to their other half, “Honey, I’ll be back in about 6 hours. I’m gonna hang with the new guy on the block”.
7) There! I’ve made new friends.
BTW: When I suggested that I bring my pinball machines with me, my realtor said that no one would want to play such childish games. I guess we’ve’ arrived!!
Great way to make friends!
Old 10-04-2020, 06:32 PM
Default Krakow (Poland) Pinball Museum

Last year when we were in Poland, we went to the Krakow Pinball Museum. We paid $10 entrance fee and played all the pinball games we wanted (there was over 50 working machines dating back to the 1940s to current time). It was one of my highlights of visiting Poland.
Old 10-04-2020, 07:27 PM

I have an older (dime machine) pinball machine from the 60's. It's called Playmates. Thinking about bringing it to my home in The Villages but not sure where I would put it. My wife doesn't want it in the living room!
Old 10-04-2020, 08:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Steele View Post
I have an older (dime machine) pinball machine from the 60's. It's called Playmates. Thinking about bringing it to my home in The Villages but not sure where I would put it. My wife doesn't want it in the living room!
Bedroom?
Old 10-04-2020, 09:00 PM

Been restoring and collecting pinball and old arcade machines for over 30 years. Been a part time Villager for 6 years but still have my collection in New York. Currently my collection is around 60 games spanning from 1940’s through today. Mostly 60s Gottlieb single player wedgeheads. Still trying to figure where they will go when I finally come down full time. Count me in for starting a club. Coming down in two weeks so maybe we can have a meet up.
Old 10-04-2020, 09:35 PM

We have been requesting "retro" arcade games at the new First Responders rec center up in Mulberry and pinball machines have been suggested. Don't know what they are actually going to put there. I would love to see some of the older pin ball machines that we all grew up with.
Old 10-05-2020, 06:12 AM

Pins so not take up that much space. Why make people in south drive all the way to route 42 to play? Put a couple in as many rec centers as possible. It would be great to play again and a pin club would be great!! I’m in! Would love to see some old and some new. Maybe a couple each in the rec center? Hey Mr Rohan you getting all these people and our interest. Maybe you should survey us and see what we the paying player would like in our rec center???
Old 10-05-2020, 07:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinbalwz View Post
Been restoring and collecting pinball and old arcade machines for over 30 years. Been a part time Villager for 6 years but still have my collection in New York. Currently my collection is around 60 games spanning from 1940’s through today. Mostly 60s Gottlieb single player wedgeheads. Still trying to figure where they will go when I finally come down full time. Count me in for starting a club. Coming down in two weeks so maybe we can have a meet up.
wow that is some collection
Old 10-05-2020, 07:33 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctmurray View Post
As another poster commented, the new Rec Center going up in the north, which is called The First Responders Rec. Center, has a space set out for arcade games. I don't think they have settled on what this mean exactly, pinball or video arcades. Give your thoughts to John Rohan who heads up the Recreation Department. I too would like something like this, and I too am of "your generation" and played quite a bit in grad school.

Another poster suggested setting up a pinball club, and that is a good idea too. You could use the club to give support to John about the need for pinball in the new rec center.
I have previously spoken to John and his response was that he would take it under advisement (or a similar) phrase. I offered to do it also. I think the problem is how to monetize it. By that I mean that if play is free, who does the maintenance? Someone has to charge to maintain and repair the machines. If it's pay to play then its not an issue.

Many years ago I ran a small pinball route in Brooklyn.
Old 10-05-2020, 07:38 AM
Veteran member

Let's start posting what machines we have!

For me, Bally Fireball (EM), Bally Fireball Classic (SS), Bally Dogies (EM), Bally Night Rider (EM), Bally Cosmo (EM), Bally Lil Joe (EM), Bally Paragon (SS), and a Gottlieb Wild Wild West (EM)
Old 10-05-2020, 07:47 AM

Who remembers "Beer Tap" beer tap video game - Bing video
Old 10-05-2020, 08:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinball wizard View Post
I have previously spoken to John and his response was that he would take it under advisement (or a similar) phrase. I offered to do it also. I think the problem is how to monetize it. By that I mean that if play is free, who does the maintenance? Someone has to charge to maintain and repair the machines. If it's pay to play then its not an issue.

Many years ago I ran a small pinball route in Brooklyn.
What if a club was formed and was given its own room somewhere here and members paid dues to provide for necessary maintenance?
Old 10-05-2020, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinball wizard View Post
Let's start posting what machines we have!

For me, Bally Fireball (EM), Bally Fireball Classic (SS), Bally Dogies (EM), Bally Night Rider (EM), Bally Cosmo (EM), Bally Lil Joe (EM), Bally Paragon (SS), and a Gottlieb Wild Wild West (EM)
I'm down to just one. Lord of the Rings.
Closed Thread

Tags
pinball, i’m, pandemic, things, touch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.