Plan of lot

Closed Thread
Old 03-02-2015, 01:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Plan of lot

Good afternoon

Mrs Fox wants to redo the garden, getting rid of a lot of the lawn

We have heard that we need to submit a plan to the Architectural Review Committee and that, to make things easier, we can obtain a blueprint of our lot on which the plan can be drawn.

Where do we go to pick up a lot blueprint?

We live north of 466

Thank you
Old 03-02-2015, 02:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,147 Times in 2,246 Posts

I was able to call Sumter county office, and they emailed the whole set of house and plot plans to me. These are in PDF format. If you need larger than 8.5 by 11 inches, you can have an individual sheet printed at Staples, Office Depot, or I think some of the pack and ship places.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I was able to call Sumter county office, and they emailed the whole set of house and plot plans to me. These are in PDF format. If you need larger than 8.5 by 11 inches, you can have an individual sheet printed at Staples, Office Depot, or I think some of the pack and ship places.
thank you for the lead, VillageTinker
Old 03-02-2015, 07:35 PM
Veteran member

Don't forget to read your Deed. There may be restrictions on how much of your lot must be lawn.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesoffh View Post
Don't forget to read your Deed. There may be restrictions on how much of your lot must be lawn.
Thank you for the "heads up", applesoffh

I have been told that the ARC is very open to constructive, Florida-friendly gardens - native species that require little in the way of irrigation, fertilisation and pest control - and that the "old" requirements to have a certain percentage as lawn are treated flexibly.

What they don't want is for people to concrete over their garden, or lay astroturf. Even any requirement they do stipulate for "lawn" can be achieved with local grasses - St Augustine and Zoysia can be replaced by low-maintenance varieties.

Certainly, however, the key is to put together a plan and send it in for approval, prior to starting work.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.