Please help with more TV questions

Closed Thread
Old 02-17-2010, 12:13 PM
Default Please help with more TV questions

My 2nd visit to TV will be in March and this site has been great for answering all my questions. I have learned so much about the area and all the activities. Just a few questions. TV is such a large area, so many homes. With so many people It still sounds like a close knit community. Is this true? Also do people do boating on the lakes? I notice on the map some schools. Ex. TV High school and TV Charter school. How they associated with TV? One more question my parents will be looking for a place too. Their concern is lawn care service. They live in a condo now and do not have to do the outside work. How does that work in TV? Thanks to everyone who answered my last thread about neighborhoods in TV. Everything I learn before my visit helps. Big Thanks
Old 02-17-2010, 12:39 PM
Veteran member
Smile

TV Charter Schools were built by TV. They are available to children of people who live or work in TV. I don't know the stats, but I would guess 99.9% are children of employees. Lawn care is your option. By that I mean you contract to have it done or do it yourself. I live in a Designer home and to cut and trim I pay $45/mo. There are many landscape companies with different prices and services. I could do it myself but I can't find the time. Are we close knit? Yes, we know all our neighbors and do different things with different people. When we are out at the square or a club almost everyone talks and enjoys the lifestyle.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:48 PM
Default Thank you

Thank you so much for your quick answer. I really appreciate your help.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Gold member

Kids under 19 cannot live in the villages - they can only visit 30 days/year. Charter schools are for employee's children or employees and owners of businesses on TV property, I think.

i.e., The Villages owns (I think) the land and buildings where all or most of the shopping centers are located, but if you lease a building (become a store owner) or work at one of these, your kid qualifies for the charter schools. If you leave employment, I think your kid is allowed to finish out the semester only.

I might not have these details all correct - I talked to an employee at one of the salons one time when my daughters and I were getting pedicures together.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:30 PM
Veteran member
Location: Clinton, CT Sarasota, FL, The Villages - July 10, 2009
Default One option....

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevatorman View Post
Lawn care is your option.
One option for your parents could be a Villa in one of the newer Villages where they are using non-grass landscaping, pine needles, large patios, small trees/bushes.

No grass = no lawn service. Only outside work is a little cutting of branches, plus painting with a Block villa, no painting with a frame.

Very much like a condo.

We were one of the last to move into a newer Village and were happy to find they had established a neighborhood organization with:
  • Monthly theme parties,
  • Friday night socials every other Friday,
  • Game night also every other week,
  • An active Woman's group,
  • Golf and other sports groups, plus other activities!

All this did lead to a tight knit group.

Hope this helps.

Come'on down!
_

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.