Please No Perfume at Concerts

Closed Thread
Old 03-10-2020, 08:41 AM
Default Please No Perfume at Concerts

Just a reminder that many of us are allergic to perfumes and colognes!
Last nigh at the Four Divos concert at the Sharon I was seated behind a women that was heavily doused. Shortly after the concert began my eyes stared stinging and watering and I became congested and pretty miserable (My typical reaction to scents) Please don’t tell me I should have moved my seat as the tickets I purchased were specific seats I purchased in the orchestra center and close. (FYI She was in row G center orchestra if she is reading this) The only seats left anyhow we’re on the extreme sides of the theater.
Please people just another reminder to be considerate and aware of how your perfume and cologne may be affecting other people around you.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Yes, and the same for the men who bathe in English leather (and other stuff) instead of showering every morning then goes to Starbucks in LSL. If you're here you know who you are !!! Everything you touch stinks! Maybe the Corona virus will make people more aware of how easy they can spread stuff.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

No Cell phones either
Because your addicted to them and think your more important than anyone around you
Looking at the screen every 10 minutes is highly irritating and impolite during a performance
Old 03-10-2020, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
No Cell phones either
Because your addicted to them and think your more important than anyone around you
Looking at the screen every 10 minutes is highly irritating and impolite during a performance
Excellent point! Besides the “perfume lady” sitting in front of me the lady next to me was recording a lot of the numbers on her cell phone! Very distracting,
Luck of the draw with who ends up sitting around you at these performances!
Old 03-10-2020, 10:50 AM
Veteran member

I agree! If you bathe you won't need to inundate yourself with scents.
Old 03-10-2020, 12:01 PM
Sage

We no longer go to the Sharon, because of the inconsiderate people who must record every aspect of their lives on a phone or a pad- its outright insane , that people are hypnotized by these gadgets
Old 03-10-2020, 01:26 PM
Sage

I agree with the scents (and the phones too)! Many people have breathing issues (COPD, asthma and more) that can be triggered by scents. I have a friend who gets sick and can't breath with scents. As for phones...I just smh when I see how clueless people are when it comes to technology. Was in a group recently, phone rings and the person answered loudly with "I can't talk now!" Why not just turn the thing off? But we can remind and speak up til we're blue in the face and people being people will still do what they do (NOT an excuse!!)
Old 03-10-2020, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
I agree with the scents (and the phones too)! Many people have breathing issues (COPD, asthma and more) that can be triggered by scents. I have a friend who gets sick and can't breath with scents. As for phones...I just smh when I see how clueless people are when it comes to technology. Was in a group recently, phone rings and the person answered loudly with "I can't talk now!" Why not just turn the thing off? But we can remind and speak up til we're blue in the face and people being people will still do what they do (NOT an excuse!!)
I hope the ladies that are wearing perfume and the men that are drenched in cologne are reading this post and will reconsider and think about the health and comfort of people around them before dumping it on.
Old 03-10-2020, 06:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,597 Times in 5,193 Posts

In my opinion, unless movie theaters and live theaters, develop entirely new strict, enforceable rules about using cell phones, perfumes, and other distractions during performances, this problem will never be solved. Talking about it on a forum will do nothing to improve the situation. If these theaters ever want my business, they will change the way they deal with cell phones. Until then, I am staying home. One solution for movie theaters is to provide sound jacks where you can plug in noise cancelling headphones to block out the cell phone noises.
Old 03-10-2020, 08:48 PM

Please ease it up on the perfume. I go to Singles' Club Events and the smell is just sickening. I know the user doesn't realize how bad it is, but the poor people anywhere near them do.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,882 Times in 2,428 Posts

Quote:
No Cell phones either
10 mins? More like every other minute.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:12 AM

Quote:
No Cell phones either
I may be adjusting my hearing aids to the loudness of the performance. This is done on my iPhone.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:16 AM

I’m also allergic to strong perfume smells. Eyes water and headache. This has happened in church and at the theater to the point I have to leave because I literally get sick to my stomach. I know it’s their right to wear perfume but please be considerate of others.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:01 AM

You Need to stay out of public places if you are allergic. I'm allergic to dogs. But every store I go to there are dogs walking around. Service dogs supposedly. Everyone has one. So now I need my groceries delivered or I have to have them brought out to my car in the parking lot.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:08 AM

I find the same thing with perfumes especially at the gym and when I'm out walking. Who wears perfume and their full face make up to the gym, really?
Closed Thread

Tags
orchestra, people, concert, perfume, center

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.