Please Stay Home!

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2020, 12:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
It's annoying that, should isolation and other preventive measures work to flatten the curve, some people will take that as proof that the whole pandemic was just overblown nonsense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Be assured that your prediction will be brought to fruition, no matter the curve,etc.

In the last weeks the desire to disprove this virus has taken great turns, even as we learn more. This is not from a desire or hope based on empathy, I fear.
YEP...
Old 03-21-2020, 07:50 AM

So good to see the A&E folk .... no, I am grafeul for them, the REAL ones, this A&E means those with Attitude and Entitlement.. who are NOT staying home.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:52 AM

Yes that’s the key that we could all be carriers and have no symptoms. If I have to go out shopping for supplies I wear a buff around my face. You can’t get access to a mask because of supplies, but everyone can put something over their mouth and nose to prevent them from spreading the virus. I’ve had a couple people comment that the buff will not protect me from getting the virus. I always reply it’s not for me it’s for you. everyone should assume that they already have the virus even though they show no symptoms. that way we can help protect our family and friends from ourselves
Old 03-21-2020, 07:53 AM
Default Heartbreaking!

Don’t let this happen to us!

Coronavirus: Italy's hardest-hit city wants you to see how COVID-19 is affecting its hospitals | World News | Sky News
Old 03-21-2020, 08:09 AM
Default Outdoor bar business

We have been cooped up for days so decided to take a ride in our car to see some areas we haven't visited in awhile. As we drove through Brownwood at 3:30 pm yesterday we immediately noticed the outdoor bar at City Fire was full and it appears social distancing was absent there and everyone appeared to be having a good time, both seated and standing directly behind those seated. These are the same people who could be carriers who will frequent the grocery stores when we dash through to get needed weekly supplies. Very disturbing. Maybe that is considered curbside service?
Old 03-21-2020, 08:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

People should listen to this epidemiologist talk about what we need to do. https://tinyurl.com/rf42oly
Part of what she said: “It’s really hard to feel like you’re saving the world when you’re watching Netflix from your couch. But if we do this right, nothing happens,” Landon said. “A successful shelter-in-place means you’re going to feel like it was all for nothing, and you’d be right: Because nothing means that nothing happened to your family. And that’s what we’re going for here.”
Old 03-21-2020, 08:40 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Get outside. Take walks in the neighborhood. Wave to neighbors. Breath fresh air. Enjoy the sun. Stay healthy.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
We are not just staying home. We are doing what we usually do, but we are avoiding even semi-close contact with other people.

We walked around Hogeye Marsh today and saw a lot of people out enjoying themselves. The singer at Edna's was very good.
We’re staying away from crowds but I haven’t read anything that indicates fresh air is a no-no right now.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,242 Posts

Here's an ER Doc chat group with reports of what it is like for our medical hero's working the front line.

I'''m Ali Raja, MD and Shuhan He, MD emergency physicians from Mass General Hospital/Harvard Medical School. We'''re back to report from the front lines of COVID-19. Let'''s talk PPE, new updates & science, testing, quarantine and more. AMA : Coronavirus
Old 03-21-2020, 10:08 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Exemplary!
Old 03-21-2020, 11:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Hal W Kangas - 😂😂😂
Old 03-21-2020, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandroller View Post
I dedicate this post to those who are risking their lives to save ours.

The Villages Florida
Medical experts have said that going outside for sun and exercise actually is healthy and improves immunity as long as people stay at least 2 meters apart.
Old 03-21-2020, 11:22 AM
Default Pitch in

If you are self isolating you are a soldier,if you are not you are the enemy
Old 03-21-2020, 11:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullinr View Post
Yes that’s the key that we could all be carriers and have no symptoms. If I have to go out shopping for supplies I wear a buff around my face. You can’t get access to a mask because of supplies, but everyone can put something over their mouth and nose to prevent them from spreading the virus. I’ve had a couple people comment that the buff will not protect me from getting the virus. I always reply it’s not for me it’s for you. everyone should assume that they already have the virus even though they show no symptoms. that way we can help protect our family and friends from ourselves
The virus is spread by someone coughing or sneezing via droplets that are spewed from their nose or mouth. Normal breathing does not enable the virus to shed. Anyone who is coughing or sneezing should not go out in public places.

I was next in line for the register at Target two days ago. The older woman who was working the register suddenly started to cough up a storm and she was coughing into the back of her blue gloved hand. Luckily I had stayed back at least six feet when the person before me was being rung up. I backed up with my cart and told her that I was sorry but I was going to another register. As I was making a B Line away from this woman, she rolled her eyes at me and stated she just has allergies. She acted as though I was the bad guy.

Last edited by coffeebean; 03-22-2020 at 08:39 AM.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfjuly11 View Post
Should send this to The Villages management!!!!!!
Not The Villages management, the State of Florida management!! But hey, now they’ll have a few more bucks from the spring breakers and all the idiots that’s packed City Fire for the past 2 weeks to use, for the @/I& is about to hit the fan! Nice job governor!!
Closed Thread

Tags
save, lives, risking, stay, post

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.