Please stop driving Golf Carts around the Lakes and Retention Ponds.

Closed Thread
Old 11-30-2020, 12:22 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I seem to remember (from a long time ago) reading that BREAD was actually hard for birds to digest and therefore, bad for them? I do NOT know this for sure - I am just throwing it out there - maybe someone knows definitively? it is obvious that the birds enjoy the bread.
Google is your friend:
Although bread isn't harmful to birds, try not to offer it in large quantities, since its nutritional value is relatively low. ... Unsoaked bread can swell up in their stomachs and kill them. Dry chunks of bread will choke baby birds, and a chick on a diet of bread may not develop into a healthy fledgling.
Old 11-30-2020, 02:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,046 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
Stu gators are usually low risk to humans unless you bother them...they don't need to eat every day due to their slow digestive system
Just my luck I come across a hungry one hiding in the bushes waiting for dinner to walk by
Old 11-30-2020, 02:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,929 Times in 2,454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
please provide your source for the 60 percent loss of wildlife...I've a strange feeling there is no basis to your claim and that some folks just have the need to blame people for their anger.
Probably going by the the land that was bulldozed for development?
Old 11-30-2020, 02:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,929 Times in 2,454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Google is your friend:
Although bread isn't harmful to birds, try not to offer it in large quantities, since its nutritional value is relatively low. ... Unsoaked bread can swell up in their stomachs and kill them. Dry chunks of bread will choke baby birds, and a chick on a diet of bread may not develop into a healthy fledgling.

Crows will take anything crunchy and soak it it nearby water. Course crows are as dumb as most think.
Old 11-30-2020, 03:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud1949 View Post
We have lost 60% or more of our wild life in the Villages in 10 years. Carts around the ponds scare the birds away. To see carts "hanging" on the side of ponds is sad. How long will it be before one falls over and into the water. There are Gators too. WALK, its good for you and more importantly, the wild life. Stop grinding the earth into mud and dirt.

This morning at Bailey Trail, having scared the Herons away, I was asked by the driver of the "hanging cart" have you got any photo's yet... answer NO NOT NOW...
I too share your thoughts on this. It’s a lot different with everyone riding on the same area with their carts around the ponds vs. the golf courses.

I wish all the ponds would be fenced off to only allow walkers access to the ponds. But, the privileged/entitled would raise hell if that happened.
Old 11-30-2020, 04:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
I too share your thoughts on this. It’s a lot different with everyone riding on the same area with their carts around the ponds vs. the golf courses.

I wish all the ponds would be fenced off to only allow walkers access to the ponds. But, the privileged/entitled would raise hell if that happened.
Now wouldn't that look great, the ponds with fences around them? What kind of fences would give the "privileged/entitled" that warm and fuzzy feeling? Perhaps chain link, or wood plank, or perhaps split rail? How about barbed wire? I agree that some on here feel "privileged/entitled" and think that their way is the right way.

Would the fence idea extend to all the ponds on the golf courses? Guess a lot of golf balls would be lost, huh?

This is so much fun, isn't it?
Old 11-30-2020, 04:35 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post

So, then only walkers would be the entitled ones.
Old 11-30-2020, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe V. View Post
I don't think so. I am off now to park by the pond and listen to some metal on my USB speakers in the cart.
Don't forget to pop open a beer and light a doobie while you're there! LOL

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Old 11-30-2020, 06:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Google is your friend:
Thank you Mr. Helpful. That was very helpful and confirming.
Old 11-30-2020, 06:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Crows will take anything crunchy and soak it it nearby water. Course crows are as dumb as most think.
Crows are the smartest of the birds, I believe.
Closed Thread

Tags
carts, ponds, stop, life, wild

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.