Plotted where Villages sinkholes have occurred

Plotted where Villages sinkholes have occurred

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 08-31-2015, 03:14 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeauregard View Post
All sinkholes are not publicized. For instance there was a sinkhole under one of the developer owned Villa's in Creekside Landing a couple of years ago that took a week's worth of cement trucks to fill. It was never mentioned in the Daily Sun or anywhere else.

Did you ever notice all the pipes sticking out of the ground when the land on which Brownwood sits was developed? I believe the developer pumps cement in them to stabilize the ground which isn't done in building new homes.

A lot of dirt is moved when building sites are prepared and I question whether it is being allowed to settle long enough before new homes are built on them?
My pipes were pumped full of nitrous oxide I guess because I am still laughing at the thought...

Old 10-19-2015, 06:30 AM

There is a new sinkhole in Village Alhambra on Privada drive. It was 10 feet wide and occurred in the bedroom of the home. The home has a red condemned sticker on the door. I think the address is 2581 Privada
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2015, 06:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsauls7537 View Post
There is a new sinkhole in Village Alhambra on Privada drive. It was 10 feet wide and occurred in the bedroom of the home. The home has a red condemned sticker on the door. I think the address is 2581 Privada

I hope you are wrong. Only your third post with such upsetting information

In the bedroom you say....like the only person that I know of in the news that died from a sinkhole over near Tampa?

Was this in the news?

Posters who live in Alhambra, is this true?
Old 08-15-2016, 08:54 AM

Very interesting. Scary, but interesting.
Old 07-18-2017, 09:22 AM

Could you please email me the map...when clicking on your link, its PDF...thanks.
Ltschreiner1472@gmail.com
Latest map of reported sinkholes / ground stabilization in the Villages
Old 07-20-2017, 09:26 AM

Default Latest map of reported sinkholes / ground stabilization in the Villages

I have not updated the map on this posting in 2 years. Here is the latest map. The map in 2015 had 10 locations posted. This map has 26. Of the new ones posted, some occurred prior to the original posting; most occurred after. Each location has a news article that provides validity. I make no claims or inferences in providing this. I am only providing information.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Sinkholes_Ground stabilization_Villages MAP 2017-0718.pdf (732.9 KB, 550 views)
File Type: pdf Elevation_Occurrences.pdf (71.2 KB, 239 views)
Old 07-20-2017, 10:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeauregard View Post
All sinkholes are not publicized. For instance there was a sinkhole under one of the developer owned Villa's in Creekside Landing a couple of years ago that took a week's worth of cement trucks to fill. It was never mentioned in the Daily Sun or anywhere else.

Did you ever notice all the pipes sticking out of the ground when the land on which Brownwood sits was developed? I believe the developer pumps cement in them to stabilize the ground which isn't done in building new homes.

A lot of dirt is moved when building sites are prepared and I question whether it is being allowed to settle long enough before new homes are built on them?
I am skeptical of your information and summary. I don't think that the developer pumps cement in any area to stabilize the ground. Cement is pumped into sinkholes when they do occur. That is a fact.

I KNEW a couple of months ago that as soon as the rains started after a long period of drought we would have sinkholes. The worst area for sinkholes in Florida is in the area near Tampa.

It always boils down to panic on this forum and irrational causes and claims, especially after a LARGE sinkhole happens. I knew that somehow the developer would be blamed. I don't think the Morses OR God is at fault. I think it is a lot of water causing ground collapse in the limestone sub strata of the ground in West Central Florida
Old 07-20-2017, 11:19 AM

The elavation relationship does not make much sense. It might be better to identify how much the original land was changed, but that would be questionable. The other factor is water. Are there springs? Is there density variation in the underlying rock? That coupled with the high water table could cause the weakness that leads to the hole. The frequent large amounts of rain in rather local areas could also be a contributor. It is probably a natural process, like earth quakes.
Old 05-27-2018, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagerFrog58 View Post
I have not updated the map on this posting in 2 years. Here is the latest map. The map in 2015 had 10 locations posted. This map has 26. Of the new ones posted, some occurred prior to the original posting; most occurred after. Each location has a news article that provides validity. I make no claims or inferences in providing this. I am only providing information.
Thank you for making and posting! (They are a bit hard to "comprehend" at first b/c the yellow dots don't have much contrast to show what we're looking for (would black dots be better? red?). But once you get the hang of it, if works and is informative.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:36 PM

When we were looking for homes in the Villages back in 2015 the realtor/salesperson took us up and down Hillsborough several times and had to navigate around the so called repair. When we suggested it was a sinkhole, she just smiled and suggested it was just an anomaly. Two days later she took us to a home just off Hillsborough at the intersection of Memory and Image Court and we loved it. She then informed us there was a disclosure on this property. When I asked what that was all about she produced a Engineering Report indicating that there was a sizable "hole" in the street at the foot of the driveway that took over 300 cubic yards of "gruel" to fill. I took a closer look at the house and could find no visual damage but after a while decided not to take a chance. That house stayed on the market for some time after that. I don't see that "anomaly" on Your map.

Tags
elevation, villages, occurred, sinkholes, dot, yellow, put, past, areas, feet, plotted, google, chart, website, location, date, portions, higher, post, lowest, add, locations, occurring, sinkhole, btw