POA Bulletin more venomous than normal?

Closed Thread
Old 12-13-2007, 04:00 AM
Default Re: POA Bulletin more venomous than normal?

Old 12-13-2007, 04:43 AM
Sage

Old 12-13-2007, 12:20 PM

Used to read it---now it is trashed!!!!
Old 12-13-2007, 04:46 PM
Administrator

Hey, Kahuna,

You said, "with all accountability and responsibility hidden by the purposeful avoidance of attribution for the articles published, the POA Reporter is a publication I will continue to avoid."

I hope you don't avoid ToTV because we have many people post here who post stuff and purposefully avoid your knowing their identify.
:

Old 12-13-2007, 10:56 PM
Veteran member

That's true Tony but one can reply to the sender.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope2b

Used to read it---now it is trashed!!!!
Have decided I will look through it each month so I can identify the businesses who put ads in it. I for sure will not be using their services any longer.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope2b
Have decided I will look through it each month so I can identify the businesses who put ads in it. I for sure will not be using their services any longer.
Better yet, I am going to contact the companies and tell them I will not do business wth them. I believe the only one I have gone to is Ollies but you never can tell when I might have needed the services of one of the others.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:19 PM

Allright People, (those opposed to the POA)

Research to find out what is the original homeowners association. Research to discover when and why the VHA was formed and by who and for what purpose. Those opposed to the POA (thank God they are for residents rights), your "lifestyle" in The Villages will be maintained by the POA not the VHA and by the boards of the resident districts. You will reap the benefits of the POA's deligent work without you lifting a finger. You who trashed Hometown Democracy get some information about what is at stake. Can you really live in the "dark". Again thank God our country's founding fathers dared to care and make a difference and not just live the Lifestyle dictated and set by the English.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladykathleen

Research to find out what is the original homeowners association. Research to discover when and why the VHA was formed and by who and for what purpose. Those opposed to the POA (thank God they are for residents rights), your "lifestyle" in The Villages will be maintained by the POA not the VHA and by the boards of the resident districts. You will reap the benefits of the POA's deligent work without you lifting a finger. You who trashed Hometown Democracy get some information about what is at stake. Can you really live in the "dark". Again thank God our country's founding fathers dared to care and make a difference and not just live the Lifestyle dictated and set by the English.

WOW .......anyone have a spare valium ;D
Old 12-15-2007, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster

WOW .......anyone have a spare valium ;D

The POA is getting really bad. I used to read it and agree once in awhile. Now it is only good for the trash and I don't want it thrown in my yard. Could I get them for littering?
Old 12-15-2007, 07:27 PM
beartrack1

It as my opinion as a Villages wanna be, that those of you that are anxious to have the residents run this community are going down a very slippery slope. What qualifies a resident to be a member of the board ? Only their desire to be large and in charge. They will run and win a popularity contest. Then they will govern your lives with absolutely no qualifications or experience. You will find yourself governed by " The butcher, the baker and the candlestick maker " Please tell me what qualifies any of us to be a city manager. Please look around you at the wonderful, beautiful, well run community that you are blessed to live in. How do you think that this community went from one mans dream to an entity of sixty thousand people that the vast majority of, love the place. It's not perfect but, it's as close as it gets. Putting it in the hands of unqualified amateurs will only destroy it. Someone wrote on another thread, stay with the devil you know. I can only add " If it ain't broke don't fix it. "
Old 12-15-2007, 07:41 PM
Veteran member

There are alternatives to "Ollies". ;D
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 12-15-2007, 07:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony
Hey, Kahuna,

You said, "with all accountability and responsibility hidden by the purposeful avoidance of attribution for the articles published, the POA Reporter is a publication I will continue to avoid."

I hope you don't avoid ToTV because we have many people post here who post stuff* and purposefully avoid your knowing their identify.
:
The obvious difference between the two is most of us acknowledge this site is primarily recreational, rumor, and unverified information, for the most part.* We take it for what it is.* The POA publication, on the other hand, portrays itself and is interpreted by many as a more serious, accurate publication, intended to have the credibility and legitimacy almost that of a legal document.* I would think it is more important for authors to be known in this instance.
Brockton, MA 1946-49 * Fort Lauderdale 1950-66 * Northern Virginia (Army) 1967-69 * North Lauderdale 1970-72 * Coconut Creek 1973-87 * St. Louis 1988-89 # Northern Virginia (again) 1990-2000 * Destin, FL 2001-08 * The Villages - Amelia/Hadley
Old 12-15-2007, 08:17 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladykathleen

I'm sorry we commoners are so dumb and naive. Thank God the POA is there to protect us from the greedy developer and tell us what is good for us. Obviously anyone who questions Hometown Democracy is ignorant (and lazy). Thank God for the POA! They're not like those booklicking board members of the CDDs who were appointed by . . . um, a, wait a minute . . . oh, those guys were elected by the residents. But it doesn't matter, since they're not the POA. If they don't do what we want, they're kowtowing.

And of course, there's the infernal VHA. It's all their fault, 'cuz they're not the POA. The two organizations have entirely different reasons for existing. Yes, the VHA was created by the developer for fill a need, to act as a liaison between residents and TV management. The VHA reps answer resident's questions about operations and, if needed, provide a source to contact for assistance. If the rental house next door is unkempt, a lot of folks wouldn't know whom to contact. The VHA rep provides that info. Want to do some major landscaping, the VHA rep will tell you how to get it approved. Need a loaner wheel chair, walker, or crutches, call the VHA rep. A lot of residents know all this stuff, but a lot don't. If there is an issue affecting the community at large, the VHA tries to get the word out. No, the VHA doesn't picket the sales office and doesn't sue the developer. That's not their purpose. Leave that to the POA. It's their speciality. And they're good at it.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 12-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Veteran member

The POA was at one time the ONLY coordination between developer and residents until the residents got on to the developer and decided that they weren't being given the opportunity to see their point of view published. At that point the developer founded the VHA and filled it with their employees as the village representatives.

No, the VHA reps aren't all employees but the majority are. They are employed in varying positions of the developer and I find this a true conflict of interest. The VHA may bring our needs to the developer but has been inclined to back down when the developer so desires.

As for me, I will read the POA and the VHA papers to see who is saying what and then I will decide what the truth actually is. I don't believe it is inmy best interest to simply accept what the developer and their cronies have to say. Big mistake to throw away the POA news folks. Better off throwing away the Daily Sun....shine.....

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.