Poa shocker

Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2014, 04:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,395 Posts

More Janet Tutt bashing can be found here...............isn't this getting kind of old?
Janet Tutt
Old 02-26-2014, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
More Janet Tutt bashing can be found here...............isn't this getting kind of old?
Janet Tutt
NO it is certainly not getting 'old' ... unless your are an employee of TV. It is time that all Villagers understand the governing structure of the TV and the rights and 'responsibilities' of those individuals that have been elected or 'appointed' to responsibly oversee the governance of our community ... in the interests of the community at large.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:11 PM
Gold member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Janet Tutt
It bothers me when people get slapped in the face and the just smile. I put my rose colored glasses away a long time ago. It is not about bashing Janet Tutt, it is about the reality of events and how they affect us as Villagers.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
It bothers me when people get slapped in the face and the just smile. I put my rose colored glasses away a long time ago. It is not about bashing Janet Tutt, it is about the reality of events and how they affect us as Villagers.
Thank you Warren. That is it exactly. These people have been appointed to do a job and this was an obvious failure. The residents need to be made aware. Some of us will not bury our heads in the sand. We like to stay on top of issues that affect our lifestyle here. Thanks again to the POA for their article, and to you Warren for opening a few people's eyes.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
Thank you Warren. That is it exactly. These people have been appointed to do a job and this was an obvious failure. The residents need to be made aware. Some of us will not bury our heads in the sand. We like to stay on top of issues that affect our lifestyle here. Thanks again to the POA for their article, and to you Warren for opening a few people's eyes.

I like learning new things: could you please elaborate how this will "affect our lifestyle here". Thanks.

I'm serious - I'd like a decent explanation. Perhaps I'm just not seeing it.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
I like learning new things: could you please elaborate how this will "affect our lifestyle here". Thanks.

The purchase of any facility on Villages grounds relates to our lifestyle. When we end up paying extra money for said facility, way over what it is probably worth, one can only imagine what things that extra money could have been used for. There is not an unending pit of money available - when money is spent in one place, it is not available to be spent somewhere else.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
Only Janet Tutt knows why she told the AAC board and the spectator there were no restrictions on the facility being used for a restaurant. I will say this, she and the Board's attorney should have known what was in the sales agreement, especially when thet are in a advisory role. Someone did not do the job they are being paid to do, simple as that. And for it to take seven months for the Board to be informed of the restriction is not good. In addressing the comment of another OP. It is not unusual when a business is sold, to place restrictions on the new owner not using the previous name and also at times the former owner may be restricted to ever opening another business within X miles.
There had been no restrictions on the use of the building as a restaurant. Those restrictions only came into fruition after the CCD bought the property. The AAC had a lawyer review the purchase and he screwed up.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:06 PM
Gold member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
There had been no restrictions on the use of the building as a restaurant. Those restrictions only came into fruition after the CCD bought the property. The AAC had a lawyer review the purchase and he screwed up.
I don't understand your comment that there were no restrictions on the use of the facility. Surely you aren't saying the the restrictions were added by someone after the purchase was completed. The CDD did not buy anything, never do never will !! The purchasing authority in this case in the AAC. All this said, OF COURSE the restaurant restriction was there all the time. Everyone in an advisory position should have knowm exactly what was in the sales agreement. I really thought the developer should have donated the facility to the residents as a goodwill jesture.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Post Answer

It is a simple answer: "Follow the money".!!
Old 02-27-2014, 08:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
It is a simple answer: "Follow the money".!!
The Villages Florida
Old 02-27-2014, 08:47 AM
Gold member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post

Well Russ, for me it is simple. The Developer actually controls who the District Managers are. District Managers actually are in place to represent the Villagers. It is the Villagers who provide the funds for the Manager's salary. It isn't all that unusual that the residents find themselves in opposition to a Developer's decision. We then find the District Manager in a unhealthy position and having a conflict of interest, oppose the Developer and probably lose their job, support the Developer and the Villagers lose. Ms Tutt actually does a good job considering how her position is controlled, but in my opinion, those (we Villagers) who pay her salary, should have direct control of who is hired as District Manager.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I know that I take things personally because this is my town, my home, and the best run place I have ever lived and I have lived in some nice homes and areas. I take it personally because ANYONE who lives here lives like a rich person. ANYONE.

I take it personally because I kind of identify with a Midwesterner like Mr. Morse who came here and due to some cussed dumb good luck, a lot of hard work, and scary chances I would have been to meek to take with any money I had, along with some wonderful ideas unused before has made a huge success. This place proves that free enterprise is a very good thing.

I identify with most of his politics and I would certainly have done all of the same things he had done if I was that smart and that brave and that hard working. As a result he got rich, and then richer, and now mega rich.

I think that most of the criticism of what is WRONG with this place and the developer are based on envy and the fact that the Morses contribute to the party we aren't allowed to mention. The critics, most of them, don't belong to that party.

I think that some people are nave to think that the goal of business is not to turn a profit.BUT In so doing, they employ people and keep the economy thriving as well as accumulate personal wealth. "Follow the Money" is an astute observation and also an unwarranted criticism.

If the developer had FAILED. We wouldn't all be here. There are glitches and mistakes in an operation as big as this, but I get annoyed when the same people. over and over, AND OVER are picking, picking PICKING.

I am by nature a positive person, but I didn't just fall off the turnip truck.

I wonder how this place would be if the naysayers ran it.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:32 AM

Thank you Graciegirl we could not have said it better ourselves. We feel blessed to live here. The "ups" far outweigh the "downs".
Old 02-27-2014, 09:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I know that I take things personally because this is my town, my home, and the best run place I have ever lived and I have lived in some nice homes and areas. I take it personally because ANYONE who lives here lives like a rich person. ANYONE.

I take it personally because I kind of identify with a Midwesterner like Mr. Morse who came here and due to some cussed dumb good luck, a lot of hard work, and scary chances I would have been to meek to take with any money I had, along with some wonderful ideas unused before has made a huge success. This place proves that free enterprise is a very good thing.

I identify with most of his politics and I would certainly have done all of the same things he had done if I was that smart and that brave and that hard working. As a result he got rich, and then richer, and now mega rich.

I think that most of the criticism of what is WRONG with this place and the developer are based on envy and the fact that the Morses contribute to the party we aren't allowed to mention. The critics, most of them, don't belong to that party.

I think that some people are nave to think that the goal of business is not to turn a profit.BUT In so doing, they employ people and keep the economy thriving as well as accumulate personal wealth. "Follow the Money" is an astute observation and also an unwarranted criticism.

If the developer had FAILED. We wouldn't all be here. There are glitches and mistakes in an operation as big as this, but I get annoyed when the same people. over and over, AND OVER are picking, picking PICKING.

I am by nature a positive person, but I didn't just fall off the turnip truck.

I wonder how this place would be if the naysayers ran it.
I can tell you what it would be like.

It would be like almost every city in our country that is run by a bunch of incompetent elected officials that don't have a clue how to run a city and have ruined the majority of them.

This place would no longer be the paradise it is. The beautifully clean and manicured road ways, golf courses and towns wouldn't exist because the money that was being used to maintain them would be spent on "entitlements", inflated union wages, and imposed government programs.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:04 AM
Location: Lima,OH;St.Paul,MN;Vallejo,CA;Pennsacola,FL;Fremont,OH,Naperville,IL,Sylvania,OH,Fernandina

It is hard for me to understand how some people accuse others of attacking them when all they are asking that all the facts are known before blaming someone. As near as I can tell, nothing in this thread so far is anything but speculation. Did someone ask the wrong questions? Did someone make a mistake? Probably. But to speculate that there is some conspiracy involved is unfounded and slanderous. Why don't we wait for all the facts before we call the hangman?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.