The biggest WASTE of our MONEY $$$$$

Closed Thread
Old 11-21-2019, 05:11 PM
Default The biggest WASTE of our MONEY $$$$$

This morning I was SHOCKED to see Buena Vista at Brownwood being re-surfaced. I drive that road 2-3 times a week and do not remember any holes or cracks. BUT....I still do not understand why when Morse Blvd was being repaired they STOPPED before they got to O'Dell at Mallory Country Club. That piece of road is terrible, full of holes, getting worse everyday. Why did they STOP half way before they reached O'Dell??? Reminds me of "up north potholes"
Old 11-21-2019, 06:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,900 Times in 2,442 Posts

Maybe different county? Same throng happens on north BV where Marion county ends and Sumter county begains.
Old 11-21-2019, 08:02 PM
Platinum member

I recall reading something in the DS about the bids for resurfacing Morse and Buena Vista being done in segments. Might be able to get more specifics from the County Council meeting minutes.
Old 11-21-2019, 08:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
I recall reading something in the DS about the bids for resurfacing Morse and Buena Vista being done in segments. Might be able to get more specifics from the County Council meeting minutes.
County Commissioners | Sumter County, FL - Official Website
Old 11-21-2019, 08:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Morse, between just south of 466 (from where they stopped) and Mallory, definitely needs resurfacing, but nowhere on BV that I've seen...warrants it.
Old 11-21-2019, 09:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carley View Post
This morning I was SHOCKED to see Buena Vista at Brownwood being re-surfaced. I drive that road 2-3 times a week and do not remember any holes or cracks. BUT....I still do not understand why when Morse Blvd was being repaired they STOPPED before they got to O'Dell at Mallory Country Club. That piece of road is terrible, full of holes, getting worse everyday. Why did they STOP half way before they reached O'Dell??? Reminds me of "up north potholes"
Yep ... I was b1tchin' about that a few weeks ago when they stopped paving Morse about 500 yards yards north of where they actually need it. That area is probably 10(??) years NEWER than down here where it needs it.

I was told and was pointed to a county web link showing they were going out for bid in November for the rest between 44 and where they stopped near Mallory CC. Maybe they are starting at Brownwood and heading north ??? Hope they do it before the first snow hits.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Yep ... I was b1tchin' about that a few weeks ago when they stopped paving Morse about 500 yards yards north of where they actually need it. That area is probably 10(??) years NEWER than down here where it needs it.

I was told and was pointed to a county web link showing they were going out for bid in November for the rest between 44 and where they stopped near Mallory CC. Maybe they are starting at Brownwood and heading north ??? Hope they do it before the first snow hits.
Maybe with all that salt and the plows...... they should wait til spring!
Closed Thread

Tags
odell, road, holes, club, blvd

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.