Lanai Floor Drain Covers - Options??

Closed Thread
Old 11-13-2019, 05:34 PM
Default Lanai Floor Drain Covers - Options??

We purchased a home with a Lanai that has a drain that runs from side to side. This floor drain has a cover that has thin slots in the top to collect water and it drains to each end, outside the lanai.

The drain top has been finished to match the rest of the concrete floor. However, has anyone else replaced the covers with Steel or another type of finish that may allow removal of the covers for a more thorough cleaning? (The existing finish was applied over both the concrete and the plastic covers, like being painted in place).

Just wondering ... I’m not a “neat freak”, but when I clean, I like to get it completely done ....

Thanks in advance for your input / replies.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
We purchased a home with a Lanai that has a drain that runs from side to side. This floor drain has a cover that has thin slots in the top to collect water and it drains to each end, outside the lanai.

The drain top has been finished to match the rest of the concrete floor. However, has anyone else replaced the covers with Steel or another type of finish that may allow removal of the covers for a more thorough cleaning? (The existing finish was applied over both the concrete and the plastic covers, like being painted in place).

Just wondering ... I’m not a “neat freak”, but when I clean, I like to get it completely done ....

Thanks in advance for your input / replies.
I have seen the drains you are talking about, these are one piece and do not have a removable top. If you really want to clean the drains, these will come out the ends (sides) of your lanai, you could possibly use a pressure washer and hose with a suitable tip to go in from the outside, but i have never seen any reason to clean these drains. I have also seen some hose attachments that seem to spray a simulated high pressure pattern that you could fit in the drains from the outside.
Hope this helps
Old 11-13-2019, 09:01 PM

Tinker - I think the covers are removable. I did a short search and found a product similar - Flowmaster Deck Drain systems. They have a 4 inch model, however the one on our lanai is 4.5 inches across... so it may be a different manufacturer, but it looks very similar.

Since they are painted down with the decking cover material, I am currently looking for options in case I were to break one when removing it. I figured that someone else may have already done something like this...

Maybe I should talk to a pool / Patio installer to see what they use. I am sure there is a standard for The Villages.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:28 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

Search " Infinity Drains " some nice options there.
Old 11-13-2019, 11:54 PM

You might check with the warranty department.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:10 AM
Michael Charles

If you are in a new home I would simply call your builder to get the manufacturer info or possibly it might even be listed in the complete listing of everything in your home. You know, every finish, color, trim, faucets etc... Good luck. Most likely it was installed by T&D, they might even know!
Old 11-14-2019, 10:18 AM
Default Drain

If the drain is in the lanai the screen around should keep dirt out. You should only have water running thru it
Closed Thread

Tags
drain, covers, lanai, floor, top

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.