Police chase through Brownwood

Closed Thread
Old 02-14-2015, 01:27 PM
Default Police chase through Brownwood

Just passed the conclusion of a chase in Brownwood. Don't know where it started, the car being chased went through the board fences on the road leading out of the square from the 4 corners ( next to world of beer). After taking out the fence, they proceeded out to the road that runs parallel to rt 44, hitting a car and smashing into a tree in the median. The female driver apparently tried to run and got tazed. I'm not sure if the sheriffs car was involved or not. It appeared there were two younger passengers in the chase vehicle who needed medical attention. I guess it was part of the show for farmers market. Whata place!!
Old 02-14-2015, 01:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmeadow View Post
Just passed the conclusion of a chase in Brownwood. Don't know where it started, the car being chased went through the board fences on the road leading out of the square from the 4 corners ( next to world of beer). After taking out the fence, they proceeded out to the road that runs parallel to rt 44, hitting a car and smashing into a tree in the median. The female driver apparently tried to run and got tazed. I'm not sure if the sheriffs car was involved or not. It appeared there were two younger passengers in the chase vehicle who needed medical attention. I guess it was part of the show for farmers market. Whata place!!
OMG! Police used a Tazer should have used a Glock
Old 02-14-2015, 02:03 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I went to another news source and was looking for information on a recent burglary in Bonnybrook after the police went house to house in search of information about a older green Honda. I was surprised at the numb er of arrests made between Wildwood and Fruitland Park

So the car chase here is certainly not surprising.

Clearly like Willie Sutton alleged commented on why he robbed banks...because that is where the money is.

i am afraid that people of dubious backgrounds in or out of The Villages believe that The Villages is where the money is and we are going to see increasing targeting
Old 02-14-2015, 02:31 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
OMG! Police used a Tazer should have used a Glock
Nah. A tazer would have been safer and more fun.
Old 02-14-2015, 02:41 PM
Sage

Are you sure you weren't watching the Dukes of Hazzards?
Old 02-14-2015, 02:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I hope no innocent people were hurt and I hope the bad people were rounded up and locked away.
Old 02-14-2015, 03:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I hope no innocent people were hurt and I hope the bad people were rounded up and locked away.
I hope nobody got hurt also. I like how you used the term "rounded up". Very fitting for Brownwood. [emoji6]
Old 02-14-2015, 04:49 PM

Glad to hear that they got who ever was driving, I was south bound on Sandy nook run just south of West Torchlake road, in my Golf cart at about 1 PM, Yellow car north bound pulled out into my lane passing another car, it all happened very quickly. Yellow car was moving at 40 plus and had their foot in it. Police car was in pursuit.
Old 02-14-2015, 05:03 PM
Veteran member

I wonder if there is just as much going on in other places in Florida. We have this website to keep informed and aware and other areas do not. I know in our old place the guy behind us was broken into but we never found out until 2 yrs later.
Old 02-14-2015, 05:13 PM
Eternal Member

It does seem as though most of the break-ins do take place in the newer areas around Wildwood. Not all, but most.
Old 02-14-2015, 05:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
It does seem as though most of the break-ins do take place in the newer areas around Wildwood. Not all, but most.

What you predicted?

Last edited by graciegirl; 02-14-2015 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-14-2015, 06:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Another thread said there three break-ins ---- Charlotte, Mallory Square and Bonny Brook. All through the lanai sliders. How close are these villages to Brownwood?
Old 02-14-2015, 07:14 PM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
Another thread said there three break-ins ---- Charlotte, Mallory Square and Bonny Brook. All through the lanai sliders. How close are these villages to Brownwood?
Not that close and I still have trouble with everyone making assumptions that it is Wildwood.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
If it were the same person, and the timeline suggest it is, the perp would have been traveling north. Charlotte is off of Pinelles, in the southernmost villages, Mallory is very close to Lake Sumter Landing off Morse and Bonny Brook, I think is off Belvedere, not far from the high school and the triple crown executive courses.

It appears that someone either knew someone's schedules or parked and waited for someone to leave.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrifats View Post
Not that close and I still have trouble with everyone making assumptions that it is Wildwood.
I agree...I have BIG TIME problems with the constant mention of Wildwood !
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.