Samsung fooey

Closed Thread
Old 02-17-2015, 10:56 PM
Gold member
Unhappy Samsung fooey

Anyone considering purchasing a Samsun clothes washer from Home Depot or any where else, don't do it until you call me at 753-0831.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:49 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

I've heard of Hong Kong Fooey!
Old 02-18-2015, 05:20 AM
Sage

Is that like Egg Fooey?
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 02-18-2015, 06:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

This is your THIRD thread on the subject.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:08 AM
Platinum member

We have a Samsung washer and dryer....no problem!!
Old 02-18-2015, 08:10 AM
Veteran member
Default Hmmm..

From this post, one has to assume that the problem with the appliance is that it's missing the "G" from the end of Samsung.....
Old 02-18-2015, 08:39 AM
Gold member

Every appliance in our house is Samsung and we have been very happy with them all.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:52 AM

Sounds like today's special dish at one of out asian buffets!
Old 02-18-2015, 10:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
We have a Samsung washer and dryer....no problem!!
Agree 100%. And before we moved here we had a Samsung fridge that was just fabulous. Unfortunately we had to leave it with the house as part of the contract. And on the subject of Samsung, we also have 2 Samsung TVs - no problems and superior performance. If Samsung made a car I might have to seriously consider buying one.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:04 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
This is your THIRD thread on the subject.
Just trying everything I can to help someone else avoid a serious and costly mistake. This is what we do in the Villages. I too can count to three.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:26 AM
PaperCuttz

All I know is paying retail is a wackey noo-noo!!!!
Old 02-19-2015, 10:53 AM
Veteran member

We had a problem with a previous Samsung TV about a week after the warranty expired. They agreed to the repair however and it needed a part replaced. The repair guy said he had many calls about this problem and that Samsung was apparently using up the parts in the hope that most of them would be ok long enough that they were off the hook.
About 8 months later (after moving to the Villages) the same problem happened. I called the local guy... and it turned out to be the same part. He said he had a roomful of Samsung TVs that folks just traded in.
That's what I did. I got an LG and never had a problem since.

Samsung
Samsung Settles Lawsuit, Will Repair Certain TV Models | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Slaughter on 10th Avenue (and more) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMo6w...gbuFRTT06nS9pn
Old 02-19-2015, 11:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member

We have a Sumsung LCD set that had the infamous capacitor problem. When it first occurred, they sent a tech out to replace the 4 capacitors on the power board that had failed, at no cost. I found this amazing as usually whole boards will be replaced. That solved the problem. About a year later the same symptoms occurred and another tech came out (at no cost) and replaced the entire power board this time. That did not solve the problem. He said the problem was with the main system board and gave me two options: he could replaced it for a charge, since it was not covered under the class action suit, or I could order the board over the internet and replace it myself. I opted for the latter and saved a bunch of money. We still have the set and it works fine but there has been a 100% failure rate on the electronics. Shortly after, our Samsung DLP set failed with what was almost certainly a main system board failure. We replaced it with a Samsung LCD set and that was been fine. We also have another Samsung LCD set and a Samsung LCD computer monitor for a total of 4 Samsung LCD devices. I believe/hope that the Samsung issues were during a relatively small time window and our current products will last a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt. View Post
We had a problem with a previous Samsung TV about a week after the warranty expired. They agreed to the repair however and it needed a part replaced. The repair guy said he had many calls about this problem and that Samsung was apparently using up the parts in the hope that most of them would be ok long enough that they were off the hook.
About 8 months later (after moving to the Villages) the same problem happened. I called the local guy... and it turned out to be the same part. He said he had a roomful of Samsung TVs that folks just traded in.
That's what I did. I got an LG and never had a problem since.

Samsung
Samsung Settles Lawsuit, Will Repair Certain TV Models | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.