Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Police chase through Brownwood (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/police-chase-through-brownwood-143437/)

obxgal 02-14-2015 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucco (Post 1012601)
I agree...I have BIG TIME problems with the constant mention of Wildwood !

I have a problem with it also, but some people on this board will never let it go.

Sandtrap328 02-14-2015 09:05 PM

Unfortunately, it seems to be Wildwood with the most issues when you look at the crime section of the online paper. They generally seem to get more bad press than Fruitland Park or Lady Lake.

tomwed 02-14-2015 09:12 PM

What self respecting criminal is going to say they live in Lady Lake or Fruitland Park? Everyone in the holding cell is going to laugh at you.

DonH57 02-14-2015 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomwed (Post 1012627)
What self respecting criminal is going to say they live in Lady Lake or Fruitland Park? Everyone in the holding cell is going to laugh at you.

Yeah really. They laughed at me.:cry:

skip0358 02-14-2015 09:19 PM

Well regarding Wildwoodi people on here don't give them a rest either. How many people living in TV are also getting in trouble lately. As for the Break Ins if I'm not mistaken 1 definitely but I think 2 didn't lock their sliding door, How many other people on here don't bother closing their garage doors or when they buy that BIG new TV or that new safe don't bother breaking their boxes down and just advertise hey look what I bought. People all over are having tough times. Yes TV is safe but we could make it safer by being smarter. If you see something that doesn't look right call someone. If you see a strange car riding around try and get the plate # and call someone. The Police can't be everywhere but we can be. Recently there were sums of money taken from two businesses in Brownwood one was an employee and I'll bet it turns out so was the other or an ex employee. Last year it happen at Evans Prairie I believe that was an ex. So don't blame it all on Wildwood people.

Bucco 02-14-2015 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skip0358 (Post 1012630)
Well regarding Wildwoodi people on here don't give them a rest either. How many people living in TV are also getting in trouble lately. As for the Break Ins if I'm not mistaken 1 definitely but I think 2 didn't lock their sliding door, How many other people on here don't bother closing their garage doors or when they buy that BIG new TV or that new safe don't bother breaking their boxes down and just advertise hey look what I bought. People all over are having tough times. Yes TV is safe but we could make it safer by being smarter. If you see something that doesn't look right call someone. If you see a strange car riding around try and get the plate # and call someone. The Police can't be everywhere but we can be. Recently there were sums of money taken from two businesses in Brownwood one was an employee and I'll bet it turns out so was the other or an ex employee. Last year it happen at Evans Prairie I believe that was an ex. So don't blame it all on Wildwood people.

Some folks just have to have someone to look down on !

golf2140 02-14-2015 09:35 PM

We dine in Wildwood a few times a month. These folks are just hard working nice people.

JoMar 02-14-2015 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golf2140 (Post 1012639)
We dine in Wildwood a few times a month. These folks are just hard working nice people.

We also eat in Wildwood, use the Post Office, use Ace Hardware and other stores as well......good people. I suspect that those that have Wildwood phobia also have Historical District phobia.

karostay 02-15-2015 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucco (Post 1012601)
I agree...I have BIG TIME problems with the constant mention of Wildwood !

Unfortunately the only think separating Wildwood neighborhood from Brownwood in many instances is a block wall or a fence .
Saying says goes Fences make good neighbors I would dare to say in this instance the fences aren't high enough .

spring_chicken 02-15-2015 08:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 47674

skip0358 02-15-2015 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karostay (Post 1012748)
Unfortunately the only think separating Wildwood neighborhood from Brownwood in many instances is a block wall or a fence .
Saying says goes Fences make good neighbors I would dare to say in this instance the fences aren't high enough .

Even IF we had fences 100' high all the roads in TV are open to everyone. Those looking for trouble or to make a quick buck can come from anywhere including TV. Recently there was a few break ins off Pinellas they caught the guy at a relatives home in Bonita. Or you get the landscaper or tree trimmer come knocking at doors and 3 or more people don't answer the door guess what nobody's home easy target. Before Brownwood was built we are problems in TV and it was from people everywhere including TV. So lets not beat Wildwood or anywhere else into the ground. There are trouble makers, child molesters', sex offenders, drug addicts etc. living right here in the good ole Villages. JMO

mickey100 02-15-2015 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skip0358 (Post 1012761)
Even IF we had fences 100' high all the roads in TV are open to everyone. Those looking for trouble or to make a quick buck can come from anywhere including TV. Recently there was a few break ins off Pinellas they caught the guy at a relatives home in Bonita. Or you get the landscaper or tree trimmer come knocking at doors and 3 or more people don't answer the door guess what nobody's home easy target. Before Brownwood was built we are problems in TV and it was from people everywhere including TV. So lets not beat Wildwood or anywhere else into the ground. There are trouble makers, child molesters', sex offenders, drug addicts etc. living right here in the good ole Villages. JMO

:bigbow:

graciegirl 02-15-2015 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spring_chicken (Post 1012760)

You are SO right. The Villages is a really safe place to live compared to other places.

dbussone 02-15-2015 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spring_chicken (Post 1012760)

Thanks for the research. This just goes to prove how relatively safe we are here.

JBarracks 02-15-2015 09:11 AM

Does anyone know the details of this incident?