Police chase through Brownwood

Closed Thread
Old 02-17-2015, 09:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmeadow View Post
Just passed the conclusion of a chase in Brownwood. Don't know where it started, the car being chased went through the board fences on the road leading out of the square from the 4 corners ( next to world of beer). After taking out the fence, they proceeded out to the road that runs parallel to rt 44, hitting a car and smashing into a tree in the median. The female driver apparently tried to run and got tazed. I'm not sure if the sheriffs car was involved or not. It appeared there were two younger passengers in the chase vehicle who needed medical attention. I guess it was part of the show for farmers market. Whata place!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I went to another news source and was looking for information on a recent burglary in Bonnybrook after the police went house to house in search of information about a older green Honda. I was surprised at the numb er of arrests made between Wildwood and Fruitland Park

So the car chase here is certainly not surprising.

Clearly like Willie Sutton alleged commented on why he robbed banks...because that is where the money is.

i am afraid that people of dubious backgrounds in or out of The Villages believe that The Villages is where the money is and we are going to see increasing targeting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
It does seem as though most of the break-ins do take place in the newer areas around Wildwood. Not all, but most.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Unfortunately the only think separating Wildwood neighborhood from Brownwood in many instances is a block wall or a fence .
Saying says goes Fences make good neighbors I would dare to say in this instance the fences aren't high enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
The topic of this thread is the Brownwood event. If you want to start a thread on sex offenders in TV, please do so. If the thread does not return to the original topic, it will be closed.

As it turns out this incident had nothing to do with anyone living in Wildwood, Daily Sun Feb 17.
For those who don't receive the DS; A Leesburg woman, who is wanted in Marion County, with two small children in the car was the driver. Arrested and bond set at $27,000.
So it seems the fences between Marion and Lake county are not working to keep out undesireables. (Isn't the fence analogy really silly?)
Too many posters - were too quick to bash Wildwood! To me those opinions have some underlying motives.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRichm369 View Post
Glad to hear that they got who ever was driving, I was south bound on Sandy nook run just south of West Torchlake road, in my Golf cart at about 1 PM, Yellow car north bound pulled out into my lane passing another car, it all happened very quickly. Yellow car was moving at 40 plus and had their foot in it. Police car was in pursuit.
We were either just in front or just behind you heading towards the parking lot near Cody's. Wasn't sure that the police were going to be able to catch up to that idiot. My wife and I thought that the fleeing car was white. Sorry to post about the police chase in this thread about sex offenders.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:30 AM

Article in Todays paper that no one mentions page C-4
Old 02-17-2015, 11:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRichm369 View Post
Article in Todays paper that no one mentions page C-4
I don't get the paper. What does it say?
Old 02-17-2015, 11:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Get the paper, Tom. It won't turn you into a you know what.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Get the paper, Tom. It won't turn you into a you know what.
I stopped the paper. They just piled up until recycling day and then I'd think of clever ways to tie them up or put them in a paper bag. It was one more unnecessary chore. I don't cut out coupons [aldis], watch sports or read comics. The human interest stories didn't interest me either. I was happy someone overcame some adversity but reminded adversity is just around the corner. I will say it's the best news deal in town.

I delivered the papers for a nickel apiece 50 years ago and the DS is not much more.

And I'm not sure I know what a "you know what" is.
At first I thought "Know it all" but changed my mind which also proves I'm not.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
As it turns out this incident had nothing to do with anyone living in Wildwood, Daily Sun Feb 17.
For those who don't receive the DS; A Leesburg woman, who is wanted in Marion County, with two small children in the car was the driver. Arrested and bond set at $27,000.
So it seems the fences between Marion and Lake county are not working to keep out undesireables. (Isn't the fence analogy really silly?)
Too many posters - were too quick to bash Wildwood! To me those opinions have some underlying motives.
Why does it bother you what thoughts an individual or individuals might harbor about a particular community ?
yes there are NICE people in that community . Very nice people . I frequent the businesses there often . However there is a reason why such a small community has a porportinally larger and very visible police force than what one might expect . It`s NOT Mayberry ! Unfortunately there is plenty of poverty and sadly the fact is where there is plenty of poverty there is usually a higher rate of predatory types of crime .
Just spend some time with any career law enforcement officer and they will support what I am saying .
So when you travel into that community do you leave your car unlocked ? Do you leave your cell phone on the dash of your vehicle ? Money visible ? If "No " why not ? Could you also she an Elitist lecturing to the rest of us . Your Hobby really seems to be so based on history . :blahbla hblah:
Old 02-17-2015, 01:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Fearful of what?
The Historic District also has arrests of folks that live there, assaults, drug users etc. People that judge a community by the actions of a few (Wildwood)) should then judge the historic district by the actions of a few? Every Community has those that cross the line and being fearful because of the actions of a few, IMO, shows a paranoia that is sad. Be diligent and vigilant, even in TV, but don't be judgemental of all because of a few

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-17-2015, 01:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Jim View Post
Why does it bother you what thoughts an individual or individuals might harbor about a particular community ?
yes there are NICE people in that community . Very nice people . I frequent the businesses there often . However there is a reason why such a small community has a porportinally larger and very visible police force than what one might expect . It`s NOT Mayberry ! Unfortunately there is plenty of poverty and sadly the fact is where there is plenty of poverty there is usually a higher rate of predatory types of crime .
Just spend some time with any career law enforcement officer and they will support what I am saying .
So when you travel into that community do you leave your car unlocked ? Do you leave your cell phone on the dash of your vehicle ? Money visible ? If "No " why not ? Could you also she an Elitist lecturing to the rest of us . Your Hobby really seems to be so based on history . :blahbla hblah:
You too just dance around in what you say. "reason why such a small community has a porportinally larger and very visible police force than what one might expect" "there is plenty of poverty there". Can it be because there is a significant black community in Wildwood? If that's what you mean then say it.
I too go to Wildwood and I treat it no different than I treat The Villages, Ocala, Leesburg, etc. I always lock my car, don't leave anything of value in view.
I am not an elitis. I just get annoyed at posters that use those coy words to cover up what they are trying to say.
"Your Hobby really seems to be so based on history" I have no idea what you are trying to say/imply with this statement.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:50 PM
Gold member

Here's the story
Old 02-17-2015, 02:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
The Historic District also has arrests of folks that live there, assaults, drug users etc. People that judge a community by the actions of a few (Wildwood)) should then judge the historic district by the actions of a few? Every Community has those that cross the line and being fearful because of the actions of a few, IMO, shows a paranoia that is sad. Be diligent and vigilant, even in TV, but don't be judgemental of all because of a few
Just another beautiful day in the neighborhood
Old 02-17-2015, 03:18 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Jim View Post
I wouldn't leave my car unlocked, my cell phone on the dash or any money visible in the Villages or any where else !!
Old 02-17-2015, 03:23 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

I don't leave pickles on my dash.
Old 02-17-2015, 03:36 PM
Sage

Just passed the conclusion of a chase in Brownwood. Don't know where it started, the car being chased went through the board fences on the road leading out of the square from the 4 corners ( next to world of beer). After taking out the fence, they proceeded out to the road that runs parallel to rt 44, hitting a car and smashing into a tree in the median. The female driver apparently tried to run and got tazed. I'm not sure if the sheriffs car was involved or not. It appeared there were two younger passengers in the chase vehicle who needed medical attention. I guess it was part of the show for farmers market. Whata place!!

Here's the rub as I see it.
When I read "Whata place" I thought the person was making a joke about how crazy the farmer's market show was. It even had a chase scene.

For others "Whata place" was a complaint about society in general and the area in particular.

Just about anything could be read two or more ways. That's the downside of social media. There is no body language, no voice inflection. How you interpret it "Whata place" reveals a lot about yourself.
Old 02-17-2015, 03:58 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post

Here's the rub as I see it.
When I read "Whata place" I thought the person was making a joke about how crazy the farmer's market show was. It even had a chase scene.

For others "Whata place" was a complaint about society in general and the area in particular.

Just about anything could be read two or more ways. That's the downside of social media. There is no body language, no voice inflection. How you interpret it "Whata place" reveals a lot about yourself.
Serious overthinking there, tomwed.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.