Police at gates

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2015, 03:47 PM
Default Police at gates

There were 2 police cars each at Pinellis, Collier and near Brownwood? Any idea what was going on down in this area? Lights were flashing and police on walkie talkies. A little unnerving to say the least!
Old 02-25-2015, 04:01 PM
Veteran member

Another brazen daytime robbery. This robbery happened in Pinellas. It was one of the designers on the golf course. Robbing people in the daytime is extremely dangerous, both for the thieves and the homeowners. It is galling to think that they rob people when they are gone for only a few hours.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydaz View Post
Another brazen daytime robbery. This robbery happened in Pinellas. It was one of the designers on the golf course. Robbing people in the daytime is extremely dangerous, both for the thieves and the homeowners. It is galling to think that they rob people when they are gone for only a few hours.
FYI a robbery is when the victim is present. A burglary takes place when the victim is not present.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

The buglers got in through the sliders. I have a very nice solution for this. I have tried to post the info, but the PDF document, became a PHP document that could not be opened. I will try to attach the MS Word version. If this does not work, send me a PM with your email address and I will send you the detailed instructions. This is a very inexpensive fix, it is removable if you need to fix the sliders, and this is NOT for sale, it is FREE.

I cannot post the DOC file, oh well. Still waiting for the Admin to tell me why the initial posting failed. I am trying the pdf version again.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:25 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
FYI a robbery is when the victim is present. A burglary takes place when the victim is not present.
So these criminals are "burglars" unless they screw up and someone is sleeping inside the house when they ring the doorbell or the owners return home early and then the "burglars" would become "robbers." Sounds very dangerous to me. (Thanks for the FYI I wasn't aware of the distinction between robbery and burglary.)
Old 02-25-2015, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Not exactly true. If someone breaks into a home it is a burglary whether someone is home or not. If the home is occupied the classification of burglary becomes a more serious felony. A robbery on the other hand is physically taking something away from a person or basically, theft by force or intimidation.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 02-25-2015, 04:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
No matter how politically correct you call it

Dirt-bag is a Dirt-bag is a Dirt-bag
Old 02-25-2015, 05:25 PM
Send a message via AIM to Mickedamouse24

Come on folks! Stop the word play! The fact is that we are seeing a series of acts that make all Villagers a whole lot uneasy! We are all a possible target..!!!
Old 02-25-2015, 05:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
So it was a 459 and not a 211?
Old 02-25-2015, 05:51 PM
Location: Birmingham, AL, Destin, FL, St. Petersburg, FL, New Orleans, LA - Oct 2012 ~ Tamarind Grove
Default We Have To Help Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickedamouse24 View Post
Come on folks! Stop the word play! The fact is that we are seeing a series of acts that make all Villagers a whole lot uneasy! We are all a possible target..!!!
You are correct. And the police need our help. Anytime you see someone that looks the least bit "out of place" call it in with a good description(clothing, height, facial hair,etc) and keep an eye on where that person is heading if on foot. There has to be a common denominator in these burglaries- we just have to find out what that is. There are 100,000 + pairs of eyes and ears. Let's USE THEM and help stop this invasion of our homes!!!

Last edited by Susan G; 02-25-2015 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Sp
Old 02-25-2015, 06:36 PM
Veteran member

So, I have a question? Is soliciting door to door allowed to happen here? I stopped a TruGreen solicitor today, walking in our neighborhood, door to door, and texting on his phone. While it seemed harmless enough, I asked him for a card, he had "just given his last one out", but he was wearing a TRuGreen shirt and did have the clipboard thing they all carry with bids and pamphlets etc. inside it. He was willing enough to show me that. I told him quite frankly I was keeping an eye on him because we have had several break-ins therefore everyone is suspect. He claims he's had the sheriff called on him a number of times and they know him, but I am just curious to know if there is, in fact, something saying soliciting is not acceptable in our neighborhoods. I've heard it often, but can't pin down the validity of that statement. I'm asking because in the future I will call Community Watch if this is true and have them approach the solicitor.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:46 PM
Platinum member

Semantics aside, this is getting to be far too frequent. I realize they are cretins everywhere but this is constant. And why is it only south of 466A. Not that I wish this horror on anyone but why is this particular area being targeted.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:55 PM
TOTV Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
The buglers got in through the sliders. I have a very nice solution for this. I have tried to post the info, but the PDF document, became a PHP document that could not be opened. I will try to attach the MS Word version. If this does not work, send me a PM with your email address and I will send you the detailed instructions. This is a very inexpensive fix, it is removable if you need to fix the sliders, and this is NOT for sale, it is FREE.

I cannot post the DOC file, oh well. Still waiting for the Admin to tell me why the initial posting failed. I am trying the pdf version again.
Your PDF came through just fine. How a PDF could change to a PHP is a mystery, even to Adobe.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeM View Post
Semantics aside, this is getting to be far too frequent. I realize they are cretins everywhere but this is constant. And why is it only south of 466A. Not that I wish this horror on anyone but why is this particular area being targeted.

Because of the amount of construction and renovations. These significantly increase the number of interested parties who covet your possessions. And if you hire any of the door to door types who want to sell you palm trees or painted driveways, you just increased your chances of becoming a target. By the way, if you bought a big screen TV or a safe, be sure to cut the boxes up. If you try to impress your neighbors with boxes reflecting a large purchase, you've just become a target. Just ask a few of my neighbors.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeM View Post
It is not only happening south of 466A, although it seems to be more prevalent there.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.