Police at gates

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2015, 11:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
How would anyone know?
Email everyone and let us know the results.
MCV could do a TOTV poll of members who are currently living in TV and extrapolate the numbers.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:15 PM

Barefoot are you being facetious????

Last edited by MCV2015; 02-26-2015 at 12:40 AM.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCV2015 View Post
Barefoot are you being fecicious????
No, not at all. Any member can do a poll on any subject of interest. Many have.
I felt I was offering a constructive suggestion. I was definitely NOT being facetious!
Old 02-26-2015, 12:42 AM

LOL!!!! Thank you - English 101!!! Love the Passive/Aggressive behavior. SMH
Old 02-26-2015, 03:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member

While alarm systems would scare off anyone because the alarm noise could raise the dead,
these bad guys are long gone before the police arrive.
Don't forget -- when the alarm is triggered, the alarm company calls the homeowner.
There is a short wait time, waiting to see if the homeowner answers.
No answer? Then they call the police.

The time between when the alarm goes off and the police arrive is significant.
Don't kid yourself; these guys know exactly how much time they have.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:09 AM
Sage

Get a concealed carry permit, keep it on your person and most important learn how to use the weapon with a degree of proficiency---remember police do not prevent crime, they solve crimes

If you stumble on a burglary, you are a witness and a desperate person, may need to eliminate any witnesses.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member

According to the article in today's Daily Sun, 2 robberies/burglaries South of 466A, leaving 7 North .... Many way North.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:34 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan G View Post
You are correct. And the police need our help. Anytime you see someone that looks the least bit "out of place" call it in with a good description(clothing, height, facial hair,etc) and keep an eye on where that person is heading if on foot. There has to be a common denominator in these burglaries- we just have to find out what that is. There are 100,000 + pairs of eyes and ears. Let's USE THEM and help stop this invasion of our homes!!!
The common denominator is that we are retired living in The Villages with the perceptions of being vulnerable and holding wealth which nasty people want to help us liquidate. Why else would they dare break-ins in broad daylight

The crimes are spread across all of The Villages and with the continuing building there is little concern about strangers being about given the construction and various contractors maintaining homes.

The companies doing business in The Villages clearly cannot or are not doing background check on their employees and in many cases may be facing a shortage of workers. Added to that Florida is a very transient state. People come and go daily...change is constant
Old 02-26-2015, 07:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeM View Post
Semantics aside, this is getting to be far too frequent. I realize they are cretins everywhere but this is constant. And why is it only south of 466A. Not that I wish this horror on anyone but why is this particular area being targeted.
This isn't true it's been throughout TV. All the way up into Harmswood at least that I know of.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:58 AM

I think we can have an advantage and a great impact on by knowing our neighborhood & being vigilant at reporting anything out of the ordinary and looking out for each other. Chatting with anyone new about what they are doing in a friendly way lets them know they've been seen.
We have so much positive to be thankful for here and should keep the focus on that. We have an advantage in that we are out and about in our neighborhoods and we are a pretty friendly bunch. We chat and this forum helps keep us informed too. We can and do send a pretty clear message that we care and will look out for one an other. And I believe sooner rather then later most criminals are caught here.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
I think we can have an advantage and a great impact on by knowing our neighborhood & being vigilant at reporting anything out of the ordinary and looking out for each other. Chatting with anyone new about what they are doing in a friendly way lets them know they've been seen.
We have so much positive to be thankful for here and should keep the focus on that. We have an advantage in that we are out and about in our neighborhoods and we are a pretty friendly bunch. We chat and this forum helps keep us informed too. We can and do send a pretty clear message that we care and will look out for one an other. And I believe sooner rather then later most criminals are caught here.

Last year I saw an unmarked pickup parked in our mail drop area. We have an enclosed village of 54 homes and a small mail drop. I asked the man inside if I could help him. He got out and spoke to me and had a
photo ID around his neck and he did have legitimate business here. He was a building inspector. Someone was having an addition. His ID proved that.

I so agree with your post and that is where we have the advantage. We don't work and we aren't stupid.

That is how they caught that burglar about three weeks ago.Someone saw suspicious activity and called the police. They used a helicopter and dogs after he abandoned his car.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:57 AM
Sage
The on-line news has a new article about the two burglaries yesterday, one in Pinellas and one in Hadley. These are in addition to the five reported earlier, plus one attempted break-in.

There's not a lot of information about method of break-in, but reports thousands of dollars in cash, jewelry and silverware were stolen.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCV2015 View Post
Tomwed - I was simply asking a question - In the short time I have been on this site there are more than a couple of rude and condescending people!!!! I wonder if these same people are just as rude in person!!!
I apologise. I didn't mean to be rude or condescending. I'll have to work on that!!!!
Old 02-26-2015, 10:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,148 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
The on-line news has a new article about the two burglaries yesterday, one in Pinellas and one in Hadley. These are in addition to the five reported earlier, plus one attempted break-in.

There's not a lot of information about method of break-in, but reports thousands of dollars in cash, jewelry and silverware were stolen.
At least one was through the sliders, by lifting off the tracks. I will not provide any additional info, as that would be up to the victims.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:27 AM
Veteran member

South of 466a has had it's share but quite a few are occurring north of it. You want to know why it is targeted? Look at the concentrated wealth South of 466a vs north of 466. It has nothing to do with Wildwood, Leesburg or Fruitland Park. For those of you that have a false sense of security because you live near Lake Sumter, realize you are just as accessible as Pinellas. None of us live in a gated community.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.