Be Polite!!!

Closed Thread
Old 03-09-2015, 04:06 PM
Veteran member

You know how a potato smells when it rots?? I think this entire thread is getting smelly.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:10 PM

You people OBVIOUSLY don't understand where I'm coming from. I'm just saying, be polite, don't let your shopping carts stand where the wind can blow them into other cars, use turn signals to let someone behind, or coming towards you know when you want to turn. It's Obvious that all the posters on here are perfect, so why am I even letting myself vent to ones who I thought would support my initial comment. If we all were a little more sympathetic to others this world would be a better place
Old 03-09-2015, 04:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larina View Post
To the A-hole who took my parking space yesterday in front of Tuesday Morning, Shame on YOU! You saw that I had my turn signal on, but you still cut in front of me to get the parking space, then basically RAN into the store as not to be confronted....C'mon people GROW UP! I thought this was Floridas Friendliest Hometown.....NOT
Quote:
The parking lot was PACKED......I had to park at least 30+ spots away. I'm just saying, if you see someone with their signal on, that means it's their spot, not yours for the taking. And to basically RUN away makes me realize that they KNEW what they did and didn't want to be accountable for it, just like many Villagers act.
Quote:
Not to mention, at Walmart or Publix, I DO park waaaaaaay away from the store because a-holes don't like to return their shopping cars and I don't want my vehicle getting hit by them. This was just a quick run into a store which I clearly had the right to that spot. I do choose my battles, but Villagers seem to have upped the battlefield, I guess I need to up my gameplan as well! This sense of entitlement baffles me.
Quote:
Where in my original post did you see that I suggested it was a Villager? No Where! I was just reminding people of all ages to be aware of the surroundings and be POLITE.....the other posters made me go the whole "Villagers" route.
But, you mentioned it often enough after the OP.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:12 PM
Platinum member

Wow, wait until she has to wait for a table at a restaurant for 30 minutes.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:24 PM
Sage

Larina - welcome to TOTV. I sympathize with you and think when people do that it stinks; however, you are beating your head against the wall on this one. Stay tuned and you'll figure it out.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
Wow, wait until she has to wait for a table at a restaurant for 30 minutes.
I have lived here since 2005, I know what to expect....it's just getting worse and worse

I don't mind a 30 minute wait at a restaurant, as I said, you don't get my original post.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:08 PM
Veteran member

OK...I'll try to be polite and not call anyone an a**hole.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
To the A-hole who took my parking space yesterday in front of Tuesday Morning, Shame on YOU! You saw that I had my turn signal on, but you still cut in front of me to get the parking space, then basically RAN into the store as not to be confronted....C'mon people GROW UP! I thought this was Floridas Friendliest Hometown.....NOT
It is Friendliest Home Town rude person could of easily given you the finger as they took your parking spot.
How nice of them not to
Old 03-09-2015, 07:02 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry this humiliating event happened to you and diminished you in the eyes of the person who rushed in to take your parking spot. I'm also sorry that after you came here to discuss this you were judged, corrected, and put down instead of being told, hey. We're here for you. Bad things happen to good people and we hope your day got better.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:11 PM
Sage
Default Be Polite!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
When I would try to teach my kids and grandkids about being polite,

Number one on my list was not to call anyone an *******.

Gracie - Tut Tut. But quite correct.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:14 PM
Sage

I would have thought a woman took the spot. If it was a man he must have been commanded by his wife to pick something up there. Can't imagine a man going to Tuesday A.M. on his own...or maybe it was the Dollar Store.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Ooooowwwwwwoooooo! It's a full moon! Oooowwwwooooo!
Old 03-09-2015, 07:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Ooooowwwwwwoooooo! It's a full moon! Oooowwwwooooo!

It's always full moon in TV. You'll learn, KC. You'll learn.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:36 PM
Gold member

A parking spot is not worth getting shot or stabbed by some psycho in a car.

Consider them a moron and move on.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:08 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

It doesn't sound like Larina wanted to do anything more than vent and maybe get some sympathy. I know I get royally ticked off if someone steals my spot. I always wish I could be like Evelyn in Fried Green Tomatoes and just ram the crap out of the parking spot thief (we all have our little mean fantasies, right?). So, here is another person offering Larina some sincere sympathy. The thief was rude and inconsiderate. Don't let him spoil more than a few minutes of such a beautiful day.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.