Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Be Polite!!! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/polite-146646/)

Blessed2BNTV 03-09-2015 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch (Post 1026197)
It doesn't sound like Larina wanted to do anything more than vent and maybe get some sympathy. I know I get royally ticked off if someone steals my spot. I always wish I could be like Evelyn in Fried Green Tomatoes and just ram the crap out of the parking spot thief (we all have our little mean fantasies, right?). So, here is another person offering Larina some sincere sympathy. The thief was rude and inconsiderate. Don't let him spoil more than a few minutes of such a beautiful day.

Redwitch great post! And yes I have the same fantasy.

When someone does something so inconsiderate I just shake my head and feel sorry for them.....what could have happened in their life for them to be mean, nasty, etc.....

lovinganimals 03-09-2015 09:36 PM

I know how frustrating something like this can be. I accidently went the wrong way down the Walmart parking lot row and was called a Ho (the whole word) by a woman. How going the wrong way and that word correspond, I'm not sure but whatever. I would have expected "jerk" or something like that.

2BNTV 03-09-2015 10:09 PM

I find it so much easier to not let someone rent space in my head.

This upsetting episode will get worse if one dwells on it. You can't fix stupid or inconsiderate people. IMHO

Tripngirl 03-09-2015 10:14 PM

Yup, agreed Gracie!
Really, it's not snowing and it's not raining so why not choose a parking spot over there...and walk a bit. It's sunny Florida, not -18 degrees out:)

Miles42 03-09-2015 11:27 PM

I had the same happen to me. It is not just the villages it is the American way. There is little wonder that the rest of the world thinks American tourist in general are a bunch of jerks.

asianthree 03-10-2015 03:50 AM

I can understand if this was a handicap spot. They are hard to come by.

SoccerCoach 03-10-2015 08:30 AM

Larina, relax a bit. BTW a blinking turn signal indicates you either intend to turn, or you forgot your signal was on. It is not an indication that a parking spot is yours. Did you get into Tuesday Morning? Sorry I responded, this thread is running on needlessly.

Cedwards38 03-10-2015 10:05 AM

Listen, everyone, when you figure out how to rid the world of a-holes, you've got my vote for World Leader. Maybe we all need to cut back a little on the caffeine and take a couple of deep breaths.:wave:

Topspinmo 03-10-2015 10:29 AM

Come on we know there are lots of a-holes around and the villages got there share.:wave: I find it good therapy to goggle and listen to the a-hole song on YouTube when I come cross one. Which is all most daily:p

Topspinmo 03-10-2015 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asianthree (Post 1026231)
I can understand if this was a handicap spot. They are hard to come by.

That's cause everybody and there brother got one.:oops:

Grandfinch 03-10-2015 10:39 AM

I find that I see something rude about once a week, but I see kindness acts and friendly gestures 10 times a day.