Politeness

Closed Thread
Old 04-08-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
"Bibbit": An alcohol-induced slurring of "ribbit" after spending a lengthy Happy Hour at one of the Squares, perhaps? Hee-hee!

Bill
Yes, my golf buddy and I call it "5 o'clock somewhere"! The Happy Hour on the squares are quite strong and you are definitely saying "bibbit". Just realized my finger hit the wrong key! Maybe I've created a new term. Let's go to the square and have a "bibbit"!
Old 04-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Bibbit is future tense for inbibe.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Sage

Silly bibbit. bwix are for kids.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:06 PM
Default snowbirds

It seems to me that we have more short tempers and anger during the winter months than in the summertime. I just chalk it up to too many people in a limited space. I often have to remind myself to be patient and kind even though it is not always returned. I have lived here full time for seven years and each year it does seem to get worse. I remember when we used to wave to each other when passing in our golf carts when we were snowbirds. That was another era, I'm afraid, and I have to say that I miss it. That was one of the positives for moving here. Maybe when they build the next town square things will be better. Also, remember not everyone you see in The Villages is a Villager. We have a lot of outlying areas and they have a lot of visitors also.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocadot55 View Post
I remember when we used to wave to each other when passing in our golf carts when we were snowbirds. That was another era, I'm afraid, and I have to say that I miss it.
Then please, please don't stop waiving, I don't care how many people don't waive back. Let's not contribute to the end of an era we loved!
Old 04-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Default snowbirds

I won't stop waving. I'll start again tomorrow and I hope you will wave back. Maybe that would ease some of the tempers, Huh?
Old 04-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocadot55 View Post
I won't stop waving. I'll start again tomorrow and I hope you will wave back. Maybe that would ease some of the tempers, Huh?
Pocadot,
You can bet your bottom dollar I will!

Old 04-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
Bibbit is future tense for inbibe.
Or is 'bibbit' considered to be the act of missing the urinal after too much 'imbibing'?

Bill
Old 04-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

I'll start waving, too.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:51 PM

Frank

Please don't worry about your reply, your cool.

Hey, I'm from California and you should hear some of the slang that I've heard about being a Californian. I'm okay with it, because I know who I am and plus I'm going to live in The Villages full time too.

Now that I've told my fellow Californians that I'm leaving this so called great state, they look at me with shock and judgement. It's a paradox with people, I just need to be me and let people be in their own heads. It's none of my business what they think of me.

Hope to see you in TV as soon as I sell this darn house.

J
Old 04-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Veteran member

Thank you J,

I too am looking forward to selling our NY home soon and becoming a full time Floridian!

Frank
Old 04-09-2011, 08:34 AM
Default Easy Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Say whaaaaaaaaat!

Was just quoting someone on the Paul Finebaum sports radio program out of Birmingham. One cuckoo Bama fan (yes there are one or two) refers to Auburn as West Georgia Water Boys. Don't really know what that means, but it was a slap at Auburn, certainly not Georgia, our "peachy" neighbors!!
Old 04-09-2011, 08:37 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbama View Post
I hear you loud and clear! My "youse guys" was just a friendly effort on humor, like many folks ask me, "Where y'all from"!! I've been to NYC, Connecticut, Mass., and Bangor, ME! Loved the area and people!!
I will also tell you, that the most beautiful state capital buildings I have ever seen - including the NE - are in Montgomery, Alabama.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhooman View Post
Frank

Please don't worry about your reply, your cool.

Hope to see you in TV as soon as I sell this darn house.

J
Good luck with that "darn house". I'm working on this "darn house" too. Hopefully one day soon we both can have a "bibbit" on the square while waving to everyone we meet because we both finally became FROGS!!!

I'm changing my Living Will to read, "Get three opinions to ensure that I'm dead and then bury me in my golf cart!!"
Old 04-09-2011, 09:00 AM
Default Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
I will also tell you, that the most beautiful state capital buildings I have ever seen - including the NE - are in Montgomery, Alabama.
You are most kind, and I couldn't agree more. For those who have never seen it, I'll make an attempt to post my first picture.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Alabama Capitol Building.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	211  

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.