Political Parties

Closed Thread
Old 03-05-2020, 09:00 AM

We had the same in our area only it was pushing for the Democrats.....we have Ring, so if I don’t recognize you, I don’t answer. It’s that time of year folks.
Old 03-05-2020, 09:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by largokid View Post
We live in the Hillsborough area and this afternoon a person (Don) with Republican Party affiliations rang our doorbell to speak with the registered voters in the house. I am absolutely furious that someone with political affiliations would have the audacity to be going house to house to (I assume) collect votes for the Republican party. I don't care WHAT party is out there they shouldn't be coming to our home! We see enough of the ridiculous political fighting in The Villages in the paper, The Villages.com, etc. so we don't need more politics on my doorstep. My husband told the gentleman he wasn't allowed to "solicit" in The Villages but the guy replied he wasn't soliciting that "it was a political speech". GRRRR -- thankfully I wasn't home! I will get lots of flack about this posting but if it keeps the political party solicitors off my doorstep I'm happy!

PS: The Villages Office was particularly unhelpful in providing any method for stopping political peddlers.
I agree. We were sitting at one of the restaurants on the Square and were approached by political operatives handing out their "stuff". It ruined my meal, frankly.
Old 03-05-2020, 09:08 AM
Default solisitation

I agree, while I am a strong Conservative, I still don't want any solicitation at my door! You will be met with a very angry Veteran and could be dangerous to your ability to walk again. Plain and Simple do not solicit in TV should be upheld!!
Old 03-05-2020, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,455 Times in 3,086 Posts

I don't mind religious folks and politicians at my door. As long as they don't mind me telling them why they should convert and become Pastafarians of Anarchy.

ALL HAIL HIS NOODLY APPENDAGE (unless you don't want to).
Old 03-05-2020, 09:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,644 Times in 1,515 Posts

Many on here make a good case for legalizing grass in the Villages. Way too many angry folks here.
Old 03-05-2020, 09:29 AM

I agree 100%. I would have been more than annoyed!
Old 03-05-2020, 09:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,880 Times in 2,426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Wag View Post
I agree, while I am a strong Conservative, I still don't want any solicitation at my door! You will be met with a very angry Veteran and could be dangerous to your ability to walk again. Plain and Simple do not solicit in TV should be upheld!!
Then you will go to jail if you attack somebody for simply ringing you’re door bell and wanting to talk to you.

Last edited by Topspinmo; 03-05-2020 at 09:41 AM.
Old 03-05-2020, 09:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,880 Times in 2,426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
I agree. We were sitting at one of the restaurants on the Square and were approached by political operatives handing out their "stuff". It ruined my meal, frankly.
Really
Old 03-05-2020, 09:34 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,307 Times in 541 Posts
Default Soliciting

Quote:
Originally Posted by largokid View Post
We live in the Hillsborough area and this afternoon a person (Don) with Republican Party affiliations rang our doorbell to speak with the registered voters in the house. I am absolutely furious that someone with political affiliations would have the audacity to be going house to house to (I assume) collect votes for the Republican party. I don't care WHAT party is out there they shouldn't be coming to our home! We see enough of the ridiculous political fighting in The Villages in the paper, The Villages.com, etc. so we don't need more politics on my doorstep. My husband told the gentleman he wasn't allowed to "solicit" in The Villages but the guy replied he wasn't soliciting that "it was a political speech". GRRRR -- thankfully I wasn't home! I will get lots of flack about this posting but if it keeps the political party solicitors off my doorstep I'm happy!

PS: The Villages Office was particularly unhelpful in providing any method for stopping political peddlers.
It’s a myth the “no solicitation” rules of The Villages. However, in some cases “Florida friendliest Home Town” is also a myth. The Villages has all kinds of friendly people and some not so friendly.

Unfortunately only about 50% of Americans will vote this year. A bit higher in The Villages. It’s shameful IMHO.
Old 03-05-2020, 09:34 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,753 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Wag View Post
Plain and Simple do not solicit in TV should be upheld!!

By whom??.................unenforceable.

Old 03-05-2020, 09:36 AM

What drivel. I didn’t close my mind when I moved to FL. I would like to know who is running for office and what they believe. You certainly cannot depend on the media to provide accurate information. Those who give their time to so inform us are performing a public service that ought to be appreciated. What a tragedy that the only two things worth talking about these days (religion and politics) have been so shunted. HOORAH for free speech when put forth with courtesy and dignity.
Old 03-05-2020, 09:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
That is the wisest comment ever made on this forum!!
So, the “wisest” comment means you wouldn’t knock on anyone’s door for “nothing”, but would you knock on someone’s door for “SOMETHING”? Original poster was not too “Wise”.
Old 03-05-2020, 09:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmaf6 View Post
We had the same in our area only it was pushing for the Democrats.....we have Ring, so if I don’t recognize you, I don’t answer. It’s that time of year folks.
What if it's Publishers Clearing House????

Old 03-05-2020, 10:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinball wizard View Post
What if it's Publishers Clearing House????

If your are the big winner they would probably send Steve Harvey to tell you that you won. Or someone like him.
Old 03-05-2020, 10:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Neighbor View Post
What drivel. I didn’t close my mind when I moved to FL. I would like to know who is running for office and what they believe. You certainly cannot depend on the media to provide accurate information. Those who give their time to so inform us are performing a public service that ought to be appreciated. What a tragedy that the only two things worth talking about these days (religion and politics) have been so shunted. HOORAH for free speech when put forth with courtesy and dignity.
But, you really think that you can depend on someone whose job it is to go door-to-door...preaching/spreading their own bias?

Really?

I'll just stick with the known & legitimate media sources, who provide actual proof...of what they report.

Regardless of how limiting...facts can be.

Closed Thread

Tags
political, party, villages, house, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.