Dear Villages Leadership

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2020, 08:46 AM
Angry Dear Villages Leadership

Fenney broke ground three years ago with the promise that soon there would be infrastructure and two bridges connecting us on the South side of SR 44 to Brownwood and golf cart assessable activities. Since then, over 1,500 homes have been built, new ones pop up daily, Magnolia Plaza continues to be a waste land, no infrastructure other than cart paths that go in circles, no grocery store, no drug store, only one small restaurant that holds maybe 150 people (although the food is good) and no truthful or published response from The Villages Leadership or Family about when these promises will be addressed. Can't someone publish a schedule about when construction will commence. Why is it so hard to be truthful and honest with Villagers south of SR 44? My perception, the family's focus is on getting Chitty Chatty ready to build houses so they can sell, sell, sell, sell and reap profits. Why else would the second bridge over SR 44 be the focal point? Hey, don't forget about us down in the Fenney, McClure, Isles, Marsh Bend and Deluna areas. We bought on a promise, now will someone deliver?
Old 02-22-2020, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Sometimes, things don't go as planned.
Sometimes, completion dates are over optimistic.
Sometimes, planners and developers meet up with delays with permits from county or state etc.
Sometimes, developers are a litte shy with the truth.
Sometimes, shortage of craftsmen is a problem.
Sometimes developers are assett rich, but cash poor.

Probaly among all the sometimes, are the facts.
One thing for sure, all that was promised will arrive. Sometime!!
Old 02-22-2020, 09:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Sometimes, things don't go as planned.
Sometimes, completion dates are over optimistic.
Sometimes, planners and developers meet up with delays with permits from county or state etc.
Sometimes, developers are a litte shy with the truth.
Sometimes, shortage of craftsmen is a problem.
Sometimes developers are assett rich, but cash poor.

Probaly among all the sometimes, are the facts.
One thing for sure, all that was promised will arrive. Sometime!!
///
Old 02-22-2020, 09:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Do you really think "The Villages Leadership" reads TOTV?
Old 02-22-2020, 09:42 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

May want to go to the offices in Brownwood rather than post on ToTV. Jus a thought. I've never heard of promised completion dates.

Wish all we want, but no body can force retailers to fill store fronts in Southern Oaks or Brownwood. I'm surprised the store fronts built on speculation. That's a lot of risk.

Regarding bridges, are all government approvals complete???.......I have not heard. I heard target dates, not promised dates.
Old 02-22-2020, 10:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post

Yep, you can bet they do.

A perfect example was thread a while back, on the abominable conditions (and premature failure...sound familiar?) of the green street signs...with photo's attached.

Within just a few short weeks, those (and other) failing signs...were replaced.

Just a pure coincidence?

If anyone believes that...I have this bridge for sale.
Old 02-22-2020, 10:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,411 Times in 5,104 Posts

I think I would be frustrated also. But, I have seen other housing developments go a lot worse. I know people in Virginia who bought condos for $850K in 2006, and before the building was even finished, the new prices dropped to $650K. There are gated golf communities in the Carolinas that sat half empty for years because the developer couldn't sell them. At least The Villages property values seem to be holding up, so you can usually get your money back if you want.
Old 02-22-2020, 10:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Old 02-22-2020, 10:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,301 Times in 864 Posts

Quote:
Of course they do....this is their Comedy Central

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-22-2020, 10:51 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,243 Times in 359 Posts

The main takeaway from your post that any reasonable person should agree with is this: The developer owes updated and reliable information to the residents. They were quick to publish optimistic anticipated times in their sales literature and should correct it now that those estimates are long past.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 02-22-2020, 10:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

A perfect example was thread a while back, on the abominable conditions (and premature failure...sound familiar?) of the green street signs...with photo's attached.

Just a pure coincidence?

Not a Developer Issue.

Old 02-22-2020, 10:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwick2112@yahoo.com View Post
Fenney broke ground three years ago with the promise that soon there would be infrastructure and two bridges connecting us on the South side of SR 44 to Brownwood and golf cart assessable activities. Since then, over 1,500 homes have been built, new ones pop up daily, Magnolia Plaza continues to be a waste land, no infrastructure other than cart paths that go in circles, no grocery store, no drug store, only one small restaurant that holds maybe 150 people (although the food is good) and no truthful or published response from The Villages Leadership or Family about when these promises will be addressed. Can't someone publish a schedule about when construction will commence. Why is it so hard to be truthful and honest with Villagers south of SR 44? My perception, the family's focus is on getting Chitty Chatty ready to build houses so they can sell, sell, sell, sell and reap profits. Why else would the second bridge over SR 44 be the focal point? Hey, don't forget about us down in the Fenney, McClure, Isles, Marsh Bend and Deluna areas. We bought on a promise, now will someone deliver?
Rte .44 Brownwood Bridge

Those who benefit from negativity about the new areas are those who cannot sell houses in the new area. I always wonder about things like this.
Old 02-22-2020, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwick2112@yahoo.com View Post
My perception, the family's focus is on getting Chitty Chatty ready to build houses so they can sell, sell, sell, sell and reap profits. Why else would the second bridge over SR 44 be the focal point? Hey, don't forget about us down in the Fenney, McClure, Isles, Marsh Bend and Deluna areas. We bought on a promise, now will someone deliver?
Well guess what? Those soon to be NEW Villagers of Chitty Chatty will have golf cart access to shopping at Lake Deaton Plaza along with golfing at Championship Courses way before anyone down in Fenney, McClure, Isles, Marsh Bend and the Deluna areas will ever see. The bridge over 44 will guarantee that, as the Turnpike bridge sits and collects rust awaiting the approval from FDOT that is held up due to the widening project. Of course all is well and why should you ever complain. Cue the Koolies in three, two, one....
Old 02-22-2020, 10:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

Just a pure coincidence?

I think the street signs are the responsibility of the County Public Works Department. Public Works Department | Sumter County, FL - Official Website

And as for that bridge ...... you bought it..... it's yours!
Old 02-22-2020, 11:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
The main takeaway from your post that any reasonable person should agree with is this: The developer owes updated and reliable information to the residents. They were quick to publish optimistic anticipated times in their sales literature and should correct it now that those estimates are long past.
Villagers take projections as promises. Not sure why you think the "owe" us anything other than projections. I assume, they assume, that we are adults and understand how construction can change, how regulatory bodies can impact schedules and how "business's" choose markets and make determinations based on revenue where they will put their stores. You bought into a dynamic community, one that will ebb and flow until you sections is built out. It might be difficult for you but the Developer owes you nothing and it is their business to manage.

Closed Thread

Tags
sell, villages, store, cart, south

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.