Political Parties

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old 03-05-2020, 09:00 AM
Gmaf6 Gmaf6 is offline
Member
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 42
Thanks: 193
Thanked 60 Times in 19 Posts
Default

We had the same in our area only it was pushing for the Democrats.....we have Ring, so if I don’t recognize you, I don’t answer. It’s that time of year folks.
  #47  
Old 03-05-2020, 09:07 AM
Love2Swim Love2Swim is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 580
Thanks: 703
Thanked 575 Times in 171 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by largokid View Post
We live in the Hillsborough area and this afternoon a person (Don) with Republican Party affiliations rang our doorbell to speak with the registered voters in the house. I am absolutely furious that someone with political affiliations would have the audacity to be going house to house to (I assume) collect votes for the Republican party. I don't care WHAT party is out there they shouldn't be coming to our home! We see enough of the ridiculous political fighting in The Villages in the paper, The Villages.com, etc. so we don't need more politics on my doorstep. My husband told the gentleman he wasn't allowed to "solicit" in The Villages but the guy replied he wasn't soliciting that "it was a political speech". GRRRR -- thankfully I wasn't home! I will get lots of flack about this posting but if it keeps the political party solicitors off my doorstep I'm happy!


PS: The Villages Office was particularly unhelpful in providing any method for stopping political peddlers.
I agree. We were sitting at one of the restaurants on the Square and were approached by political operatives handing out their "stuff". It ruined my meal, frankly.
  #48  
Old 03-05-2020, 09:08 AM
Matthew Wag Matthew Wag is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 9
Thanks: 4
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Default solisitation

I agree, while I am a strong Conservative, I still don't want any solicitation at my door! You will be met with a very angry Veteran and could be dangerous to your ability to walk again. Plain and Simple do not solicit in TV should be upheld!!
  #49  
Old 03-05-2020, 09:24 AM
OrangeBlossomBaby OrangeBlossomBaby is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 5,354
Thanks: 4,073
Thanked 5,674 Times in 1,741 Posts
Default

I don't mind religious folks and politicians at my door. As long as they don't mind me telling them why they should convert and become Pastafarians of Anarchy.

ALL HAIL HIS NOODLY APPENDAGE (unless you don't want to).
  #50  
Old 03-05-2020, 09:26 AM
Byte1 Byte1 is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: The Villages, FL
Posts: 1,691
Thanks: 8,115
Thanked 2,168 Times in 897 Posts
Default

Many on here make a good case for legalizing grass in the Villages. Way too many angry folks here.
  #51  
Old 03-05-2020, 09:29 AM
Kathe Kathe is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I agree 100%. I would have been more than annoyed!
  #52  
Old 03-05-2020, 09:30 AM
Topspinmo's Avatar
Topspinmo Topspinmo is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.
Posts: 8,484
Thanks: 4,025
Thanked 2,930 Times in 1,339 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Wag View Post
I agree, while I am a strong Conservative, I still don't want any solicitation at my door! You will be met with a very angry Veteran and could be dangerous to your ability to walk again. Plain and Simple do not solicit in TV should be upheld!!
Then you will go to jail if you attack somebody for simply ringing you’re door bell and wanting to talk to you.

Last edited by Topspinmo; 03-05-2020 at 09:41 AM.
  #53  
Old 03-05-2020, 09:31 AM
Topspinmo's Avatar
Topspinmo Topspinmo is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.
Posts: 8,484
Thanks: 4,025
Thanked 2,930 Times in 1,339 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
I agree. We were sitting at one of the restaurants on the Square and were approached by political operatives handing out their "stuff". It ruined my meal, frankly.
Really
  #54  
Old 03-05-2020, 09:34 AM
justjim justjim is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Posts: 4,985
Thanks: 59
Thanked 782 Times in 293 Posts
Default Soliciting

Quote:
Originally Posted by largokid View Post
We live in the Hillsborough area and this afternoon a person (Don) with Republican Party affiliations rang our doorbell to speak with the registered voters in the house. I am absolutely furious that someone with political affiliations would have the audacity to be going house to house to (I assume) collect votes for the Republican party. I don't care WHAT party is out there they shouldn't be coming to our home! We see enough of the ridiculous political fighting in The Villages in the paper, The Villages.com, etc. so we don't need more politics on my doorstep. My husband told the gentleman he wasn't allowed to "solicit" in The Villages but the guy replied he wasn't soliciting that "it was a political speech". GRRRR -- thankfully I wasn't home! I will get lots of flack about this posting but if it keeps the political party solicitors off my doorstep I'm happy!

PS: The Villages Office was particularly unhelpful in providing any method for stopping political peddlers.
It’s a myth the “no solicitation” rules of The Villages. However, in some cases “Florida friendliest Home Town” is also a myth. The Villages has all kinds of friendly people and some not so friendly.

Unfortunately only about 50% of Americans will vote this year. A bit higher in The Villages. It’s shameful IMHO.
__________________
Most people are as happy as they make up their mind to be. Abraham Lincoln
  #55  
Old 03-05-2020, 09:34 AM
dewilson58's Avatar
dewilson58 dewilson58 is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Posts: 8,177
Thanks: 542
Thanked 5,545 Times in 2,037 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Wag View Post
Plain and Simple do not solicit in TV should be upheld!!

By whom??.................unenforceable.



__________________
Mr. Helpful
  #56  
Old 03-05-2020, 09:36 AM
1Neighbor 1Neighbor is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 2
Thanks: 2
Thanked 8 Times in 1 Post
Default

What drivel. I didn’t close my mind when I moved to FL. I would like to know who is running for office and what they believe. You certainly cannot depend on the media to provide accurate information. Those who give their time to so inform us are performing a public service that ought to be appreciated. What a tragedy that the only two things worth talking about these days (religion and politics) have been so shunted. HOORAH for free speech when put forth with courtesy and dignity.
  #57  
Old 03-05-2020, 09:47 AM
noslices1 noslices1 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 415
Thanks: 37
Thanked 370 Times in 175 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
That is the wisest comment ever made on this forum!!
So, the “wisest” comment means you wouldn’t knock on anyone’s door for “nothing”, but would you knock on someone’s door for “SOMETHING”? Original poster was not too “Wise”.
  #58  
Old 03-05-2020, 09:53 AM
Pinball wizard's Avatar
Pinball wizard Pinball wizard is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 343
Thanks: 231
Thanked 177 Times in 79 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmaf6 View Post
We had the same in our area only it was pushing for the Democrats.....we have Ring, so if I don’t recognize you, I don’t answer. It’s that time of year folks.
What if it's Publishers Clearing House????

  #59  
Old 03-05-2020, 10:00 AM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 43,995
Thanks: 4,435
Thanked 1,663 Times in 1,112 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinball wizard View Post
What if it's Publishers Clearing House????

If your are the big winner they would probably send Steve Harvey to tell you that you won. Or someone like him.
  #60  
Old 03-05-2020, 10:20 AM
ColdNoMore ColdNoMore is offline
Sage
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Between 466 & 466A
Posts: 10,512
Thanks: 82
Thanked 1,493 Times in 672 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Neighbor View Post
What drivel. I didn’t close my mind when I moved to FL. I would like to know who is running for office and what they believe. You certainly cannot depend on the media to provide accurate information. Those who give their time to so inform us are performing a public service that ought to be appreciated. What a tragedy that the only two things worth talking about these days (religion and politics) have been so shunted. HOORAH for free speech when put forth with courtesy and dignity.
But, you really think that you can depend on someone whose job it is to go door-to-door...preaching/spreading their own bias?

Really?

I'll just stick with the known & legitimate media sources, who provide actual proof...of what they report.

Regardless of how limiting...facts can be.

Closed Thread

Tags
political, party, villages, house, home

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 AM.