Polka Music

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-13-2019, 09:47 PM
stadalberts stadalberts is offline
Member
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Citrus county, for now......
Posts: 36
Thanks: 81
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Polka Music

Can anyone please tell me if there are going to be any Polka bands this year at the outdoor venues? I am aware that there is a Polka club in the Villages, but we cannot join because apparently, you have to live in the Villages proper in order to attend the indoor Polka events. I know that they used to have them at the the Town centers at various times, but I cannot find any info regarding any type of schedules at the Town Squares. Can anyone help me with this? My Dear late Mother LOVED polka music, and we used to take her to all of the local Polka events back in N.J., and there were plenty of them that ANYONE could attend. I just cannot find any Polka venues down here within a hundred miles of Citrus County, and I truly miss the music. Can anyone please help? I would really be grateful! Thanks in advance for any help anyone would offer! Peter
  #2  
Old 05-14-2019, 08:58 AM
LuvtheVillages LuvtheVillages is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 152
Thanks: 19
Thanked 93 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Polka bands are not normally scheduled at the town squares.
The only time you will find them is when we celebrate Oktoberfest. Watch the papers for that celebration.
  #3  
Old 05-14-2019, 10:09 AM
Bogie Shooter Bogie Shooter is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14,278
Thanks: 2
Thanked 911 Times in 463 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadalberts View Post
Can anyone please tell me if there are going to be any Polka bands this year at the outdoor venues? I am aware that there is a Polka club in the Villages, but we cannot join because apparently, you have to live in the Villages proper in order to attend the indoor Polka events. I know that they used to have them at the the Town centers at various times, but I cannot find any info regarding any type of schedules at the Town Squares. Can anyone help me with this? My Dear late Mother LOVED polka music, and we used to take her to all of the local Polka events back in N.J., and there were plenty of them that ANYONE could attend. I just cannot find any Polka venues down here within a hundred miles of Citrus County, and I truly miss the music. Can anyone please help? I would really be grateful! Thanks in advance for any help anyone would offer! Peter
Here are some from a Google search.

Swinging Bavarians Oktoberfest German Polka Band | Central Florida
Florida Dances
Best Polka Bands in Florida
https://www.polishamericanpulaskiclu...e%202016-1.pdf
__________________
The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it. George Orwell.
“Only truth and transparency can guarantee freedom”, John McCain
  #4  
Old 05-14-2019, 12:16 PM
Chi-Town's Avatar
Chi-Town Chi-Town is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,327
Thanks: 12
Thanked 281 Times in 154 Posts
Default

They used to have a Dyngus Day celebration in one of the squares each year. Not sure if they still do.

Dyngus Day Celebration | Sumter County Tourism


Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
  #5  
Old 05-14-2019, 02:23 PM
Topspinmo's Avatar
Topspinmo Topspinmo is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.
Posts: 5,615
Thanks: 1,551
Thanked 742 Times in 378 Posts
Default

Polka get less respect than line dancer’s here the villages
  #6  
Old 05-31-2019, 09:35 PM
stadalberts stadalberts is offline
Member
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Citrus county, for now......
Posts: 36
Thanks: 81
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I seem to recall that several years ago, they had them at the outdoor venues (town squares) is that no longer the case? Thanks! Peter
  #7  
Old 06-02-2019, 04:26 AM
Two Bills Two Bills is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,738
Thanks: 278
Thanked 1,324 Times in 497 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Polka get less respect than line dancer’s here the villages
The mind boggles at the thought of polka dancing on the squares.
A steady stream of emergency vehicles running a shuttle to the nearest A&E's come to mind!
  #8  
Old 06-02-2019, 09:48 AM
Chi-Town's Avatar
Chi-Town Chi-Town is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,327
Thanks: 12
Thanked 281 Times in 154 Posts
Default

What a better polka fix than Cabbage Rolls and Coffee.

The Shmenges - Cabbage Rolls and Coffee Polka - YouTube

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
  #9  
Old 06-03-2019, 06:00 PM
pauld315 pauld315 is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NY, FL, PA, TX, NC, TV
Posts: 1,141
Thanks: 15
Thanked 46 Times in 32 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadalberts View Post
I seem to recall that several years ago, they had them at the outdoor venues (town squares) is that no longer the case? Thanks! Peter
That must have been a long time ago, the only time you see it now is Oktoberfest. There is probably a club though that has it.
__________________
"The secret of successful managing is to keep the five guys who hate you away from the four guys who haven't made up their minds." - Casey Stengel
Closed Thread

Tags
polka, music, villages, find, town

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 PM.