Polo

Closed Thread
Old 09-12-2007, 10:17 PM
Default Polo

Don't forget Polo fall season starts next week. If you haven't gone to a match yet, it is quite interesting. The price is only $3. Fridays and Sundays there are usually 2 matches for that same low price.

If you have company come, it is a delightful event to enjoy. Just another wonderful opportunity here at TV.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default Don't Miss Trying It

Even though we lived a reasonable distance from the well-known polo club in Oak Brook, IL, we never attended a game until we came to TV. It takes a few games to get the hang of the rules and to fully appreciate some of the play. But the ability to get really close to the game and the beautiful horses is a real treat. To pull your cart up under the trees lining the course and watch the games with a cool drink is a wonderful way to spend an afternoon. And if you are a photographer like me, you can get some wonderful action shots of the sport.

Try it, you'll like it.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:03 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Re: Polo

Where can I find the game dates and times listed?
Old 09-13-2007, 11:01 AM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut
Where can I find the game dates and times listed?
http://www.thevillagespoloclub.com/p...y/schedule.asp
Old 09-13-2007, 10:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default Note The "12 Goal" Game On October 5

That's a pretty doggone good game. You'll seldom see 12-goal teams in TV. It might be a game not to miss.

By the way, a "12 goal team" is the total goal ratings of each of the players. That's the way they handicap polo matches. If a 12-goal team plays an opponent with players ratings totaling 11-goals, the 11-goal team begins the game winning 1-0. Generally, the organizers attempt to make the teams exactly equal in player ratings.

In the case of the 12-goal game, two of the players are rated 5-goals. Prince Charles was a pretty good polo player and at one time was rated a 4-goal player. The ruling body of polo lowered his rating to 3-goals when he began to get a little long in the tooth.. I know he had some polo injuries, but I guess age catches up with you, even if you're the British crown prince.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I am hoping to make it to the game next Friday at 3pm, any other TOTV members going??
Old 09-18-2007, 08:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Any TOTV members going to the polo matches this Friday??

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.