POLO Tickets

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2017, 03:27 PM
Veteran member
Default POLO Tickets

My son is finally coming to visit after almost 3 years of living here. He is 46 yrs old. I was thinking of taking in a POLO game since this is something I have never done either and thought it would be a fun way to spend the day.

Can I buy tickets at the field or should I buy them in advance? Where? How much are they? What time do the games start?
Any other info appreciated.

any other fun things to do also appreciated. Of course I already know about the Rec centers.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
My son is finally coming to visit after almost 3 years of living here. He is 46 yrs old. I was thinking of taking in a POLO game since this is something I have never done either and thought it would be a fun way to spend the day.

Can I buy tickets at the field or should I buy them in advance? Where? How much are they? What time do the games start?
Any other info appreciated.

any other fun things to do also appreciated. Of course I already know about the Rec centers.

The Villages Polo Club | Polo Club - Fun & Competitive in Central Florida
Old 09-22-2017, 03:31 PM
Sage

Lots of polo information here: The Villages Polo Club | Polo Club - Fun & Competitive in Central Florida
Old 09-22-2017, 08:20 PM
Platinum member

We have purchased reserve seating and tailgated with the cart. Enjoyed both. You can see more from the reserved seats, but will feel the raw power by being closer to the action when tailgating with the cart. Either way you should enjoy! Have a great time.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Wish I had said that!
Old 09-23-2017, 08:25 AM

(I wanted to add some tips coming from an ex-season ticket holder; not getting them this season because of football conflict). I sat in the second deck, and most of the action is played opposite the stands so if you want to be close to the action, tailgating in your golf cart is probably better. Of course the food, drink and Polo shop are on the stands side. If you know when your son is coming, and the date you want to go (make sure its a Sunday as I don't believe they are playing on the 2 main fields this season on Fridays but may be wrong) just go to the Brownwood (or whatever town square you are near) box office and you can pick your seats if they are open upper deck seats. Also, do not sit in the first 3-4 rows unless you want a tan.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:49 AM
Veteran member

Thank you all, he's coming Oct 21 - 25, so Oct 22 is a Sunday, I will try to get tickets for that day. Tailgating seems to be the fun way to go. Is tailgating the same in POLO as it is in football? My sister goes tailgating at the Pats games in MA and they have a ball in the parking lot before the game, cooking and drinking and lots of camaraderie. Do I need to bring food, beer etc.
Old 09-23-2017, 03:44 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
Thank you all, he's coming Oct 21 - 25, so Oct 22 is a Sunday, I will try to get tickets for that day. Tailgating seems to be the fun way to go. Is tailgating the same in POLO as it is in football? My sister goes tailgating at the Pats games in MA and they have a ball in the parking lot before the game, cooking and drinking and lots of camaraderie. Do I need to bring food, beer etc.
I'd check the links provided to the Polo club for more information. However, I am pretty sure grills are not allowed. Other than that, you can bring in food and drink. You will park you cart along the field. Get yourself a nice shady spot and enjoy.
Old 09-23-2017, 03:44 PM

tailgating is parking on the opposite side of the stands. Bring what you like, no polo police there. I do think some people think they have certain spots so get ready to fight (/s)
Old 09-23-2017, 05:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi33 View Post
(I wanted to add some tips coming from an ex-season ticket holder; not getting them this season because of football conflict). I sat in the second deck, and most of the action is played opposite the stands so if you want to be close to the action, tailgating in your golf cart is probably better. Of course the food, drink and Polo shop are on the stands side. If you know when your son is coming, and the date you want to go (make sure its a Sunday as I don't believe they are playing on the 2 main fields this season on Fridays but may be wrong) just go to the Brownwood (or whatever town square you are near) box office and you can pick your seats if they are open upper deck seats. Also, do not sit in the first 3-4 rows unless you want a tan.
Its funny that you sit in the grandstands and think most of the action is on the opposite side of the field. We usually tailgate and and think most of the action is on the grandstand side. LOL I guess that is life, isn't it?
Closed Thread

Tags
fun, tickets, appreciated, buy, polo

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.