Beware of scams resulting from classified ads in talk of the villages!

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2020, 12:26 PM
Exclamation Beware of scams resulting from classified ads in talk of the villages!

I posted a For Sale ad on Talk of the Villages a few days ago and today I received an email from someone by the name of Arsene Lupin requesting a photo and price. Thinking it was a legitimate request, I answered with a photo and the price. A few minutes later I received a second email saying the price was fine, but that they would only pay by cashiers check. I thought at this point that something was not right, but decided to see where it was going. I said okay and then received another email requesting my name for the check, my address and phone number and again, the asking price. So now, I know it is a scam, so I requested their phone number so that I can call them and give them the appropriate information. And of course, I did not receive any more emails from them.
So beware when posting for sale ads anywhere, even on this site. I have no doubt, that if I had gone further with them, that I would have received a fake cashiers check for more than my asking price with a request to refund the difference back to them.
SELLERS BEWARE! ::
Closed Thread

Tags
price, received, email, beware, check

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.