Listed

Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Default Listed

Our house here in Va just had a for sale sign planted in the front yard today. Our agent says we are priced right and everything looks good. We are hoping that the fact that our agent drives a sunset orange 39 Ford hot rod is a good sign. He has to be selling houses. He is listed as one their top producer.

With any luck we will be starting our house on our lot in St. James before too long.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimPete View Post
Our house here in Va just had a for sale sign planted in the front yard today. Our agent says we are priced right and everything looks good. We are hoping that the fact that our agent drives a sunset orange 39 Ford hot rod is a good sign. He has to be selling houses. He is listed as one their top producer.

With any luck we will be starting our house on our lot in St. James before too long.
Congratulations! Jump into the same boat with us. We have been listed for ten days now. I live in the cleanest house in Cincinnati. THAT isn't any fun.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:49 AM
Veteran member

Rarely, I think, will you hear about a house getting listed and sold in a relatively short amount of time. Say...we listed our house on Saturday and we had an accepted offer by the following Friday!! Those days probably aren't too frequent anymore. If the home is "staged" for sale and the price is in the comps then you're probably in the ball-game. A year ago...we heard that homes in our area were moving "if" they were 3k and under! Beyond that it would take a certain buyer. If you have a great realtor then I think a huge part of your issues are taken care of. Best of luck!!!
Old 06-05-2011, 07:02 AM
Gold member
Default Good luck

to all of you trying to sell. Rarely is it fun. I have owned (and sometimes sold) about 15 houses, and if I added it all up, probably spent about 2 years of my life with homes on the market, much of the time with little kids and pets, and an absent husband, who was already working in the new location.

Many was the day I took a ride in the car, cats in pet carriers, litter box in the trunk and kids in carseats. At least gas prices weren't so high!

Worst was in the early 80s, when the interest rates climbed to around 17% - it it weren't for corporate buyouts (which are not as common a benefit now as then), don't know what we would have done. Had one house (probably the nicest showing of all of them) listed for a month with 0 lookers, except for the realtors. Bought the next house mainly for its great owner-financed interest rate - 14%. Not kidding.

So - keep dusting and chin up. It will happen.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:13 AM
Default the sign in the yard...

yes, that is a welcome sight. We, too, are in the "cleaning and waiting" game. It's difficult to live, cook and comfortably just "be" in our home and keep it ready to show in an hour's notice, but we feel that if it's meant to be, it'll move - not necessarily in our time. We do love this home, but it's not where we want to be - The Villages - so we're trying to be patient for now. Good luck to you!!!
Old 06-05-2011, 07:22 AM
nkrifats

House in Ri closes June 30. This has been a rough time dealing with the buyer. They want the world. Will be a great day to get to the table on the 30th. Then on to Liberty Park, prep that villa for sale, make the move to ST James. Priced right they will sell.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.