PooL Access to Swim Laps

Closed Thread
Old 06-21-2021, 12:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,244 Times in 4,279 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbidoo View Post
Bogie Shooter, didn't I read a post that you moved to OTOW? Why are you still posting on TOTV?
He didn't. TomOB is the one who move to OTOW...

Why he is still posting here is a mystery, wrapped in an enigma...

-Tom Petty
Old 06-21-2021, 12:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,349 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbidoo View Post
Bogie Shooter, didn't I read a post that you moved to OTOW? Why are you still posting on TOTV?
No, No, you are mixed up…..or something.
Old 06-22-2021, 07:37 AM

Go early in the morning or late in the evening before the pool closes.
Old 06-22-2021, 03:50 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeint View Post
Go early in the morning or late in the evening before the pool closes.
NO. Go through the proper hoops and get special approval. Otherwise, other swimmers will report this as a violation. Which it is. Lap lines are almost at capacity in the early morning.

Why not play be the rules?
Old 06-24-2021, 03:52 PM

I wonder if there are any pools outside of the Villages for people who live there. In Long Island NY, We have a sports pool at Eisenhower state Park. Check local parks and recreation.
Old 06-24-2021, 04:05 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,323 Times in 1,439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOB View Post
My daughter was kicked out of Savannah pool swimming laps. There were two lanes and only one other swimmer. He reported her. She was kicked out by Community Watch. I had a major argument with Rohan about it. We now live in OTOW where she would be welcome to swim laps even in and enclosed pool.
That's what happens when you don't follow the rules, I applaud community watch for their actions.
Old 06-24-2021, 06:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
That's what happens when you don't follow the rules, I applaud community watch for their actions.
She did not belong in the pool! It was correct to ask her to leave!
Old 10-04-2021, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albany View Post
Well don't tell anybody but there is an entrance to the sport pool at Rohan off the right side parking lot, you don't have to go through the front door. Make sure she has her guest ID just in case, but probably nobody will check. Check the recreation news and any time it says "combo swim" she would be ok. Part of the pool will be in lanes, and part will be open for walkers. Hope this works. I have gone in the side entrance gate numerous times and never been checked by the staff. I can't think what she could do to look at least 55. Pray a little maybe. Give it a try.
Really? I am speechless. Does anyone else think this is not ok?
Old 10-04-2021, 08:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,349 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyg View Post
Really? I am speechless. Does anyone else think this is not ok?
Try reading the 52 previous posts.
Old 10-04-2021, 05:44 PM

how do we keep the walkers and jumpers out of the adult pools. They belong in the exercise pool.
Old 10-04-2021, 05:47 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frose View Post
how do we keep the walkers and jumpers out of the adult pools. They belong in the exercise pool.
Should everyone just stand still? What, exactly, is appropriate conduct in adult pools?
Smh
Old 10-04-2021, 06:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,030 Times in 2,727 Posts

Finding an open lane to swim laps in the sports pools can be very difficult at times for amenity fee paying residents, which is why these pools are limited to use by RESIDENTS ONLY. Lap swimming opportunities are generally limited to early mornings and evenings because the pools are monopolized during prime mid day hours by the various group classes and water volleyball. The situation has gotten worse since Covid as it appears many people have taken up lap swimming during the pandemic as a safe outdoor activity. During the busy season sometimes it is next to impossible to get a lane if you are not an early morning person. Not only are there many more people attempting to use an already overcrowded amenity, the evening lap swimming opportunities are quickly cut short by dark once the clocks are turned back an hour. I wish daylight savings time was year round.
Old 10-05-2021, 05:58 PM

floating around on the dumb noodle and relaxing.. i make sure to stay out of the walkers and jumpers way because they don't give a crap who is in the way.. not all the rules are for everybody.. i've never seen a place like this ever.. can't wait to get out.
Old 10-05-2021, 08:55 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
floating around on the dumb noodle and relaxing.. i make sure to stay out of the walkers and jumpers way because they don't give a crap who is in the way.. not all the rules are for everybody.. i've never seen a place like this ever.. can't wait to get out.
You will join the very small percentage that leave. I don't think 3 months is the record, though.
Old 10-05-2021, 09:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
TV is not for everyone. Some people get under my skin too, yup ya gotta stay out of the way of the walkers who believe they own the space they take up. This site though and some of the comments remind me of my bar room days the sign read “cows may come and go but the bull in this place goes on forever.”

Tags
pool, laps, times, asked, daily

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.