Pool Behavior and Usage by Outsiders

Closed Thread
Old 07-20-2020, 08:53 AM
Default Pool Behavior and Usage by Outsiders

My husband and I enjoy the pools late in the day, 6:30-7:00 and go nearly every day to the Charlotte pool. We love the evenings when there are no people and it is super quiet, it's heavenly. Last night was a disturbing experience. We went as usual and a single man was there, to add as a description not a profile, he was heavily tattooed from his head to his toes. Not something you usually see here. Don't start with a possible personal attack over the mention of tattoos, my grandkids and many family members have tattoos. He was drinking from a glass container a brown liquid and SMOKING!! AT THE POOL!! When we arrived he acknowledged us, about 10 min later on his cell phone started playing Leonard Skinner at a very loud volume so he could hear while in the water. The smoking was bad enough but not being a country rock fan we left after less than 30 minutes. I assume he does not live her, he was about 30-40 years old. What is the protocol for something like this? We left primarily because I was uncomfortable and the SMOKING!! The pools and golf are about all we do. Any suggestions?
Old 07-20-2020, 11:38 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Glass is not allowed at the pool nor is smoking. You should have made the call.
Old 07-20-2020, 12:47 PM

made the call to who? I wish I would have known. Was very uncomfortable
Old 07-20-2020, 12:57 PM

use the phone at the pool call the rec ctr .in charge...since your in charlotte ,I would think its Captiva rec ctr in charge......
Old 07-21-2020, 05:53 AM

Pool usage started weeks ago. It was posted in the Newspaper and weekly Recreation news.
Old 07-21-2020, 06:05 AM
Veteran member

you go to the nearest rec center to complain. they are responsible for patrolling the pools nearest to them.
Old 07-21-2020, 06:11 AM
Veteran member

the rec newspaper carries all the phone numbers of all rec centers. You can call the nearest one from your pool from your cell phone to complain
Old 07-21-2020, 06:31 AM

To be honest your tattoo statement wasn’t the issue with your analogy. The part I assume he does not live here... Based on the current conditions here in TV anyone can basically live or rent here. Adult family members are living with parents, owners are renting and no one is watching. Family of owners move right outside of the villages and come in on a guest pass, 30 days at a time. Summer is the worst, snowbirds are using Airbnb with daily rates less than Hotel prices, $65 a night. I also see rooms advertised for rent for less. The Villages themself sell to 20 percent younger than 55. It’s too big to control and it’s no longer a 55 plus community. It’s all about the almighty dollar. The more that come the more The Villages and owners make.
Someone needs to rewrite the rule book and enforce it. Where are the trolls?
Old 07-21-2020, 07:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

352-674-1800 Give them a call and they will help you out. Smoking is what really gave him away. Anyone who lives here knows better. At least he had a decent choice in his music. Playing music at the pool is not worth the trouble. I asked the first dozen people who came through the gate if they liked what was on and was the volume OK. Everyone was fine with the way things were and liked it. The first person I missed put on his choice and played it way louder than my selection. Lesson learned. Rules are there for a reason. I turned my music off and apologized and that's the end of that.

We had a lot of people from The Quater's Apartment's at The Southside Pool because of the beautiful Hot Tub. We knew that's where they were from because they told us. I never called because I didn't go there to police the pool. I let somebody else handle it. They were tripping over one another to be the hero and get the call in first. Ah, The Villages!

Last edited by Nucky; 07-21-2020 at 08:42 AM. Reason: speeelllink
Old 07-21-2020, 07:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
352-674-1800 Give them a call and they will help you out. Smoking is what really gave him away. Anyone who lives here knows better. At least he had a desent choice in his music. Playing music at the pool is not worth the trouble. I asked the first dozen people who came through the gate if the liked what was on and was the volume OK. Everyone was fine with the way things were and liked it. The first person I missed put on his choice and played it way louder than my selection. Lesson learned. Rules are there for a reason. I turned my music off and apologized and that's the end of that.

We had a lot of people from The Quater's Apartment's at The Southside Pool because of the beautiful Hot Tub. We knew that's where they were from because they told us. I never called because I didn't go there to police the pool. I let somebody else handle it. They were tripping over one another to be the hero and get the call in first. Ah, The Villages!
What is that phone number for?
Old 07-21-2020, 07:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,715 Times in 5,244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davelinda91 View Post
To be honest your tattoo statement wasn’t the issue with your analogy. The part I assume he does not live here... Based on the current conditions here in TV anyone can basically live or rent here. Adult family members are living with parents, owners are renting and no one is watching. Family of owners move right outside of the villages and come in on a guest pass, 30 days at a time. Summer is the worst, snowbirds are using Airbnb with daily rates less than Hotel prices, $65 a night. I also see rooms advertised for rent for less. The Villages themself sell to 20 percent younger than 55. It’s too big to control and it’s no longer a 55 plus community. It’s all about the almighty dollar. The more that come the more The Villages and owners make.
Someone needs to rewrite the rule book and enforce it. Where are the trolls?
The rule book says that people who live outside of The Villages, but within the tri-county area, are not allowed to have a guest pass, unless they are a child or grandchild of a Villages resident.
Old 07-21-2020, 07:57 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts

"I never called because I didn't go there to police the pool. I let somebody else handle it. They were tripping over one another to be the hero and get the call in first. Ah, The Villages!"

Very few people who call in are trying to be the "hero" as you call them. That is your opinion. Most are just trying to keep the rule breakers from taking over. It's quite simple.
Old 07-21-2020, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Luckily for us everyone has been very well behaved at our neighborhood pool
Old 07-21-2020, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,715 Times in 5,244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
"I never called because I didn't go there to police the pool. I let somebody else handle it. They were tripping over one another to be the hero and get the call in first. Ah, The Villages!"

Very few people who call in are trying to be the "hero" as you call them. That is your opinion. Most are just trying to keep the rule breakers from taking over. It's quite simple.
The pool rules are enfoced by the rec center manager. But, each manager has several pools and the rec center activities to monitor. So, I think most of them would appreciate a phone call so they can take care of a specific problem.
Old 07-21-2020, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
What is that phone number for?
Call it and find out. It's in my phone under pool trouble and I don't own a pool you can even call home and ask my wife. (CharlieDaniels) I used it to report a Bee Hive at the pool and problems with the lights coming on because that pool is open until very late.

Do you recognize the number from your extensive list of helpful numbers? Lemme know what you find out boss.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.