Pool Construction

Closed Thread
Old 06-25-2022, 01:38 PM

Thought I would add my two cents since we currently have a pool under construction. We are at 6+ months and the pool is filled but maintenance is hit and miss so we’re never sure if it’s safe to use or not (we have not had any instruction and are first timers). The decking still has not been finished and now that we’re in the rainy season, it may take time to find the right days. I’m thinking we’re probably another month to final completion which brings us to 7+ months since the hole was dug. Our contractor is Advanced Construction.
Old 06-26-2022, 07:15 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
My T&D pool, done in 2 months (from first shovel in the ground).
Took 15 months to start from my first call - but they told me that up front.
I had an estimate from T&D. They were $20K more than the company we went with, and all of the equipment they speced out was out of date (not what was being currently sold by Hayward), and undersized for my pool. By that I mean it was sized for the minimum requirements for the pool, but the FL sun is hard on pools. You really want an oversized filter and SWG.

When I asked for similar sized equipment to the company I eventually went with it was another $10K.
Old 06-26-2022, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolBrews View Post
I had an estimate from T&D. They were $20K more than the company we went with, and all of the equipment they speced out was out of date (not what was being currently sold by Hayward), and undersized for my pool. By that I mean it was sized for the minimum requirements for the pool, but the FL sun is hard on pools. You really want an oversized filter and SWG.

When I asked for similar sized equipment to the company I eventually went with it was another $10K.
So who did you go with?
Old 06-26-2022, 08:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,599 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Run it during the day. The VSP pumps are not that noisy, unless your'e running it at 85% or so, for waterfalls, solar, etc. Even so, it runs during the day so it's not an issue while sleeping.
Apparently, it is the next door neighbor's pool, so the OP doesn't have much control over it. I have observed that, usually, the pool equipment will be located on the garage side of the house away from the bedrooms. But, it is often within 15 feet of the bedrooms next door.

I once went to the builder's open house for a $1.7 million new house in Pine Hills where the pool equipment next door produced a humming sound that could be heard inside the master bedroom, even with the windows closed. But, apparently, someone bought the house. I wouldn't have.
Old 06-26-2022, 09:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Apparently, it is the next door neighbor's pool, so the OP doesn't have much control over it. I have observed that, usually, the pool equipment will be located on the garage side of the house away from the bedrooms. But, it is often within 15 feet of the bedrooms next door.

I once went to the builder's open house for a $1.7 million new house in Pine Hills where the pool equipment next door produced a humming sound that could be heard inside the master bedroom, even with the windows closed. But, apparently, someone bought the house. I wouldn't have.
Apparently 1.7 million doesnt get you what it used to.
Old 06-27-2022, 06:29 AM

We are having Picture Perfect Pools come give us a quote. They were very detailed on how the timeline works with permits etc. they were recommended by Angie. Has anyone used them?
Old 06-28-2022, 10:20 AM
Veteran member
Thumbs up Nonsense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
Whois doing their pool? If it’s T&D, nothing to worry about. They repair any damage and will be done in 2 to 3 months.
If it’s someone else, you will have construction for months - maybe more than a year.

Go to the ARC web site, search for their address and you will see the approval, which will indicate any setbacks, etc

Or, you know, talk with your neighbor.
Nonsense, there are a number of pool contractors as good as, if not better than T&D, Fiesta did our pool and we were in it 6 weeks after starting, great company, great team and very reasonable price 👍👍
Old 06-28-2022, 10:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by junction29 View Post
Nonsense, there are a number of pool contractors as good as, if not better than T&D, Fiesta did our pool and we were in it 6 weeks after starting, great company, great team and very reasonable price 👍👍
100% agree. Fiesta did a great job on our pool. They never had to return because something was incorrect.
Old 06-29-2022, 10:20 AM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

I find it interesting that people are trashing a company they have never dealt with, because they are in disbelief that there are honest pool builders that can actually do a pool in less than a year and a half. Yes, Fiesta did a great pool. Groundbreaking mid December 2021 ( for those that queried was it ten years ago). Completion was mid March 2022. No surprises. Would do business with them again in a heartbeat.
Old 10-08-2022, 06:34 PM

Does anyone have any references for Picture Perfect Pools?
Closed Thread

Tags
pool, construction, contractors, easement, work

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.