Pool Cost

Closed Thread
Old 12-04-2020, 07:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandHSTAR@AOL.com View Post
Do not see anyone posting regular maintenance after installation. Another cost factir to think about.
Much less if you do it yourself. Whether you test the water yourself, or take a sample to T&D to have them analyze it, you'll save a bunch. I would estimate I spend less than $200 for the year in supplies to maintain my salt water pool.

And for the posts about just using one of the neighborhood pools, you simply cannot beat having your own pool. My wife and I went to the local pool a few times before having our pool built, and suffice it to say, I'd never go back to one.
Old 12-04-2020, 08:12 AM
Veteran member

We went with Premier Pools of Central Florida. We had 6 estimate (including T&D), and Premier was the only company that properly sized the filter, the salt water generator (SWG), and the heat pump. They also included several major upgrades (pavers, wet edge finish) and were still considerably lower than our other estimates. They completed the pool on time (Novermber last year), and it has been fantastic!

Be careful of water features - they look great initially, but most folks don't enjoy them as much over time. In addition, running any water feature will raise pH in the pool quite a bit, so you'll be adding muriatic acid much more frequently than you normally would.
Old 12-04-2020, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
We had Fiesta Pools of Ocala put in our pool 6 years ago. My husband and I agree it was worth every dollar. We use it constantly, especially at night when all TV pools are closed. We pay T&D $130 per month to maintain the pool and that includes vacuuming, cleaning the tiles, balancing the water, washing the filter and the chemicals. The privacy is wonderful. Highly recommend for residents to put in their own pool.
I feel the same way. As residents since 2003, we made do with TV pools the first 10 years, then I had to give up on finding decent Lap Swim times at the sports pools and heaven forbid you try to 'swim' at the neighborhood 'pools'. We ended up buying our third house in 2017 so I could have my own pool. Best. Move. Ever. We had solar panels put in and use it a lot. Can't beat the privacy and convenience. T&D comes every week and takes care of everything, both the pool and the hot tub we added. We LOVE our staycation oasis!

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Old 12-04-2020, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We added a bath and a birdcage from T&D. Vera offered us several different options in price. I am very conservative with money. Members of my family who love me call me close to miserly. I saw the plans and chose the lesser priced one. My husband who is also a careful person with money said, NO. For once we are going to get the larger option. We can afford it and we are going to enjoy it. And we did. I am so glad. It is a constant source of enjoyment to the three of us. To bathe in and look out on and sit next to. Plus our two kitties are in heaven walking around it and looking out at the butterflies and birds and catching an occasional gecko.

Message me for the price.
Gracie, gorgeous pool! I especially like the columns of your bird cage, looks very elegant.

Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Old 12-04-2020, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwirish View Post
TV has almost 100 pools. Use them, much cheaper.
Yea right. 100 "pools" in TV and not a single one of them are for actual, you know, "swimming." Sports pools are full all day with aerobics classes and volleyball and the rest are full of walkers or standing around comparing aches, pains, illnesses or surgeries. No thanks.

Old 12-04-2020, 01:12 PM

Use Wiseman. We added solar just for the pool. It cost about $4200. Absolutely, worth it! We had T&D for pool maitenance, but they didn't service Pentair pool equipment, so we got rid of them. We use Tri-County Pools. Love them. Call Superior Solar. Tell them we sent you. Rochelle Larson
Old 12-04-2020, 01:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,348 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oemsp1 View Post
What about the open wound crowd....
Just give them an invitation to your new pool.
Old 12-04-2020, 01:56 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,751 Times in 3,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhighley View Post
Get bids from a few companies. I’d stay away from T&D, very basic/cheap construction
Old 12-04-2020, 04:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Absolute BS. I could list a dozen or more positive, personal experiences using T&D for our pool, but I won’t stoop to the level of this post.
Old 12-04-2020, 04:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Absolute BS. I could list a dozen or more positive, personal experiences using T&D for our pool, but I won’t stoop to this comment.
Not sure what you think is BS, but I was being nice by JUST supporting the poster's comment to stay away from T&D.
Old 12-04-2020, 05:13 PM
Sage

Oh, okay...........jus sign off. Bye Bye
Old 12-04-2020, 05:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,348 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Much less if you do it yourself. Whether you test the water yourself, or take a sample to T&D to have them analyze it, you'll save a bunch. I would estimate I spend less than $200 for the year in supplies to maintain my salt water pool.

And for the posts about just using one of the neighborhood pools, you simply cannot beat having your own pool. My wife and I went to the local pool a few times before having our pool built, and suffice it to say, I'd never go back to one.
I have a similar experience.
Old 12-04-2020, 05:29 PM
Gold member

We are in our 2nd pre owned home in TV, both with existing pools in place. While neighborhood pools may be adequate for some folks, they are breading grounds for all sorts of water Bourne issues. Some folks are rude and very territorial in how they treat new folks.
If I had to do it from scratch, I would avoid pavers and use a gas supplemental heater to boast when solar is not enough. We also use T&D to maintain the pool weekly and have been very happy with them.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 12-04-2020, 06:05 PM
Platinum member

T&D built and services our pool. 12 1/2 years without a problem. Quality all the way with both the pool and birdcage.
Old 12-04-2020, 06:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
In all the times I have read dewilson, I can only think of a couple of times we disagreed. We had an amazing team from T&D, actually two teams, one for the pool and the other for the bath, pillars, birdcage. I liked one better than another but both teams, headed by two people and their business ethics and design experience and work ethic are very praise worthy. We could have had it done cheaper but I doubt better. I was so impressed by the skill and diligence of almost all of the subs. One Not so much. But I know how to handle people pretty well.

Tags
pool, cost, compared, 100k, pictures

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.