Pool Cost

Closed Thread
Old 12-05-2020, 12:02 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,751 Times in 3,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I care what he means. He had a valid problem or he would not share it. Dewilson is a reliable and honest person.

Sometimes things go wrong.
Thanks
Don't waste your time with 12 (you can dew the math)............If someone does not agree with this kind of poster, they don't care and the someone is wrong.

Again............I'm glad you had a good experience, I'm glad you shared it and glad you recommend T&D.
Old 12-05-2020, 02:40 PM
Veteran member

Has anyone had their home appraised with and without their pool? I suspect a pool might add more value in an area like this than in some others. I also know that you don't make a decision like this based solely or even primarily on expected return, but rather how much enjoyment you will get out of it. Still, it would be nice to have some numbers when making the decision.

k.
Old 12-06-2020, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj1040 View Post
We are building...close mid Feb. Our 12 x 25 pool by at and D costs 64 k ..4.5 deep with sun beach 18 in deep at one end, decorative tile and waterfall. Decking and birdcage with denser screening for bug and sunburn prevention included. We want to do water aerobics on our own schedule and non around on floats if we want and with covid it is just safer and adds to the house value now.
Did your pool for that price include any solar heat or gas heat?

Thanks
Old 12-06-2020, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,298 Times in 819 Posts

Pools are a lot like boats. Best two days are the day you buy the boat and the day you sell the boat. Problem with a pool is you have the baggage of selling the house to get rid of the pool. Get rid of your self conscience and use one of 100 plus pools here - no maintenance. If worried about a crowd purchase a yearly pass to a Country Club pool. Most of the time I cruise by them other than Orange Blossom and Hacienda there are vacant.
Old 12-06-2020, 09:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,027 Times in 2,726 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Pools are a lot like boats. Best two days are the day you buy the boat and the day you sell the boat. Problem with a pool is you have the baggage of selling the house to get rid of the pool. Get rid of your self conscience and use one of 100 plus pools here - no maintenance. If worried about a crowd purchase a yearly pass to a Country Club pool. Most of the time I cruise by them other than Orange Blossom and Hacienda there are vacant.
The Hacienda pool is without any doubt vacant, because it no longer exists.
Old 12-09-2020, 03:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Just another heads up. If you want a fiberglass hot tub it isn't going to happen. The supplier The Villages uses is back ordered until at least August.

Also take into account that your pool has to be one foot away from your roof line for every foot of depth. So if you want a six foot deep pool it will be six feet out from your roof line.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 12-12-2020, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Not sure what you think is BS, but I was being nice by JUST supporting the poster's comment to stay away from T&D.
We're in the process of getting a quote from T&D. Had an hour long meeting with the recently and followed up with an email to recap our requirements. Received our quote and drawing. They had at least 6 mistakes in the drawing which would then also be reflected in the quote. We've dealt with three different folks on the design. They seem to be very overworked and disorganized. We're not feeling very confident in their current services.
Closed Thread

Tags
pool, cost, compared, 100k, pictures

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.