Pool costs?

Closed Thread
Old 07-23-2019, 03:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcvdd1 View Post
Welcome-

Owning a pool is no different than owning a new boat.

There are only two good days in both pool ownership and boat ownership. The day you make the purchase and the day you get rid of both.... Just my opinion...
How about the day a 275 lb. guy in a red Speedo shows up?
Old 07-25-2019, 06:43 AM
Platinum member

[QUOTE=OpusX1;1665295]Some of the ongoing expenses not listed are, property tax is higher than a non pool home do to the added valuation and home owners insurance is more due to the valuation and increased liability.

I was pleasantly surprised that our pool (now 10 years old) did not add to our property taxes or insurance. That may not always be the case but that is our experience.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:37 AM
Platinum member

Although we had room for a pool back home, we never wanted one. Still didn't want one when we moved here 3 years ago. We bought our dream house DESPITE the fact that it has a pool!

Now I can honestly say that after 3 years with our own pool, I will NEVER live without one again! Absolutely love it. To cool off, to relax, to exercise, whatever ... I love it! I have no interest in swimming in public pools (I won't repeat it here but let's just leave it at the fact that I gross myself out with some of my thoughts about public pools -- even if irrational. LOL)

PS

We pay $116 per month for weekly maintenance.

Tags
pool, home, spoiler, wondering, costs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.