Pool man at Belvedere Pool lacking?

Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Default You Must be Invited...

I have been a member of The Ghetto Society for four years. There are a total of 14 members. I am one of the founding members of the society.

I know one person who has added a comment on this thread. That person's name was brought up as a possible member. That person was turned down as a member. I am guessing that person is upset about not be accepted in the club.

You can never ask to be a member. You can only be invited.

I am sure it is just sour grapes that person can never be a part of the club, and I am thinking that person had the water temperture turned down at The Ghetto to get back at us! I notice that person goes to another pool now. He/she has never been back.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo del Sidney View Post
I have been a member of (secret) The Ghetto Society for four years. There are a total of 14 members. I am one of the founding members of the society.

I know one person who has added a comment on this thread. That person's name was brought up as a possible member. That person was turned down as a member. I am guessing that person is upset about not be accepted in the club.

I am sure it is just sour grapes that person can never be a part of the club, and I am thinking that person had the water temperture turned down at The Ghetto to get back at us! I notice that person goes to another pool now. He/she has never been back.
Wow! Who knew there were such pool politics, intrigue and blackballing?
I thought it was just a place to float on your noodle!
Old 02-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Ummmmm......uhhhh.......well.......I.....

Bill
Old 02-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo del Sidney View Post
I have been a member of The Ghetto Society for four years. There are a total of 14 members. I am one of the founding members of the society.

Is this one of the over 1000 clubs that one can join? I like the ones where people are all welcome. What does your Ghetto Society do at their meetings?

Now, don't bop me. I am just teasing you a little....
Old 02-06-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Wow! Who knew there were such pool politics, intrigue and blackballing?
You are blackballed.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Is this one of the over 1000 clubs that one can join? I like the ones where people are all welcome. What does your Ghetto Society do at their meetings?

Now, don't bop me. I am just teasing you a little....
You are blackballed, too.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:05 AM
Default Ghetto updates

Three members of the Ghetto pool committee met with the Pimlico recreation director and one of the pool maintenance men on Monday, in response to an email sent to Recreation Director John Rohan. The meeting was held at Belvedere "The Ghetto" pool. The pool man said the temp was checked at night or early morning. It is "supposed" to be 83 degrees. The Rec director, Scott Grimes, who is in charge of these pools in our area, admitted that he did not even have a pool thermometer. We offered to buy him one. With that in mind, there are all kinds of pool thermometers at T and D pool supply on Paar Dr. and they start as cheaply as $2.95 ! We hope we made our points re: pool maintenance and water temperatures. We only want what the pool temps are set to be, and, as an added note, the chaises in bad shape, were removed for repair. We will definitely keep Talk of the Villages up to date on The Ghetto Pool.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.